Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    First of all sorry for oftopic :)
    In MBT1.36 I saw max 1.287v..

Will try that firestorm again.. tnx :nerd: I used normal and it limited to 1.23v too lol

Anyway yeah them red dots.. Looked like a disease :grin: so it could be overheating, even though it stays bellow 70C on core? Is noctua nt-h1 ok for gpu die? But to be honest I never changed paste on gpu, a little scared and this amp cooler looks huge to dismount xD

And I saw another ampX user at techpowerup saying the same as you limit at 1500, 1510 caused them red dots too.. another ampOmega said the same as me 1480mhz limit for his..

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If you get a black screen and mouse pointer, press Alt+Enter on your keyboard. This will swich back to full screen mode.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No problems with this driver same as others i gues, i think i will stop updating drivers now, nvidia is releasing to much drivers in a short period of time it gets annoying really.

Unistall install unistall install, ****ing hell lol.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Uhm yeah, game ready driver as always (+ the usual sli fixes). How can that be a bad thing?

5. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    The thing is that most of us who don't want to use GFE but want to update profiles (mostly SLI ones) prefer an updater as it was many years before.
    I know that there is a workaround for doing this (which needs from user to extract driver's exe and edit few lines) but is it REALLY hard from Nvidia company to has it integrated in Nv control panel (as before,years ago) ?
    But noo,if they do this then how they will make people use GFE..so..

and don't tell me that many changes needs new/edited files because no,there is no need for most profiles(if not all of them) to install newer driver package (an update procedure it's already in GFE, it's just marketing trick)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Why don't you just custom install, install only the graphics driver? I don't use gfe, I just install the graphics driver every time, that's it. No 3d vision, no HD audio, no gfe

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Because

1) I do use 3D vision
    (so I have to setup shortcuts every time)

2) I prefer to use DDU for making sure that all previous Nvd files are wiped out. (meaning that I have to edit profiles again,Inspector or even Nvidia's 3D profiler have issues sometimes)

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Same here. And i dont have leftovers from prev. drivers. Dont have to add or edit profiles and things in nvinspector again, etc.

Did it years ago like CK does but its really a pain in the ass to edit everything again with a new driver.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    never seen that, and I use DDU every time I changing drivers, it has to be cause you installed 3D vision and or maybe audio/gfe, cause I only install drivers and physic.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Anybody with multi-monitor confirming no more the same driver crashes as before?

11. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I use DDU for unninstall and reinstall, but now I have 2 Vulkan Run Time Libraries installed, do I need to unninstall the old one?

12. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Looks like a "nice" slower driver to me.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    report that in the DDU thread it might need to be added to clean function

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    And yet people are reporting the exact opposite in the tom raider thread in the gaming section. It's almost as if there is a margin of error when benchmarking stuff and unless you do over like 100 passes a change within 1-2% doesn't really mean anything.

The vast majority of what people report here is clearly placebo. If Nvidia released the same driver twice with a different name, you'd see all kinds of reports of people recommending one or the other. The same thing happens on custom Android ROMS all the time. In fact I'm pretty sure one Kernel dev did it with overclocking on purpose to show how strong the placebo effect is.

Unless there is a trend, like for example the multi-monitor issue on the last few drivers, I tend to just ignore people's performance reports.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ^ that cause most the reports are within the margin of error to begin with

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    SLI fixes? Those are rare.

17. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Was this too much to ask? How difficult could it be.

18. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Undoubtedly; but what, and why?

I have not the patience to try to read through any of the legalese of the Terms nVIDIA requires everyone to accept, but I wonder where does it state one must agree to their collecting data, and what that data might be?

Perhaps Miguel could enlighten u?

19. Flybyderp

Flybyderp Guest

GPU:
    AMP! Extreme 980 TI
    Dual monitor user reporting in, when ever I start my PC when it gets to the desktop both screens stay black until I move my mouse....

When I start a game the other monitor will flash to black and then back on. This didn't happen with 362 drivers.

Ran DDU in safe mode and wiped drivers then shutdown as I was installing a new GPU anyways..

20. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Try EVGA LED Controller (6 megs) works on my 970 to shut bright white light off. Does not uninstall when you upgrade drivers and you can avoid installing a big blotted hunk of.

Regards