Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Installed the .72 straight on top of .52 with clean install checkbox. No issues, no reboots needed, no wtf, everything's fine as usual.

I'll never understand why people uninstall the previous driver version or even use DDU when it's not needed.

2. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Oops

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. Nightfireomg

Nightfireomg Guest

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX SLI
    UPDATE: I seem to have solved my issue under the windows display settings i had my refresh rate for my gsync 144hz monitor set to 60 every time i tried to install any of the last 3 new drivers i would get a crash on install.

Set this to 144hz in the windows settings and drivers installed perfectly

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    You know I want to try these new drivers then the current 361.91 I using cause 2 fixes that interested me, apparently sub color have been broke for long time and new drivers then what I got fixed this which people are say in made pictures look better and the DX9 AA performance fix listed a few drivers back, But I have not tried new drivers cause all the people that been complain about BSOD.

Before a month ago never had BSOD on win 10 and I think the BSOD i got was do to trying run 2 game at once swtor running in back grund and yet run skyrim with cause i just update mods and want to make sure my saves didnt complain about missing mods and one of those mod now requires 4 gb video card that i dont have, at same time cause first it minimized to desktop complain about low ram and soon as tried to go back in to skyrim insta bsod.

Not sure if that was do to drivers or lack ram but been getting alot low ram message since 1151 guess 2gb gpu + 6 gb system +1 gb pf not enough these days, but swtor runs just crappy as always and skyrim the only other game i really play runs just it well as it always does.

That and I kind weary about nvidia breaking Max performance in global again, it took them almost 7 months fix that so gpu actual would drop to idle speeds when sitting on the desktop.

I also have 2 monitor connect well monitor + HDTV RGB it just I never use both at same time single display at time people been complain about issue with.

And what is this complaint about there installer people keep bring up?

hell it took me almost 6 + month to fiqure out what my system had erraticly long boot since 1151 which was do to normal means of disabling hibernation didnt actually work, so as I disabled via registry cause apparntly it was still on after that the system start boot/restart with the correct 30 second, and along with fiqure out ihad to boot in diagnostic mode and then normal to fix Cortana and Com surrogate both eating 8-10% cpu every time i brought up startmenu, so not really keen on idea of changing things on my pc atm special if drivers still have issues.

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    So, nobody had their cards melt, or their VRMs spontaneously combust with this driver? Looks like a keeper

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    You can extract EXE (or keep seperately for future use,it's almost always the same) and have the "LEDVisualizer" folder so you can tweak the LEDs anytime WITHOUT GFE installed.
    ---

It was also in 364.51 but yes, a so much delayed and asked from many users issue came fixed but not so "advertised loudly" as it should.

For your taste you say that DSR doesn't worth and you had issues using it, but

1. SLI users (with Gsync monitors too) are not so few as you think,

2. DSR has a "smoothness" setting which is how much blurred or clear the G. filter will be, at 0% it's OFF (learn more about it before you judge)

3. DSR is the quickest and most sufficient way of supersampling (ofc if game's engine really supports supersampling in general), you simply select what factors you prefer and that's it. No worries for Hz clocks messing via making custom resolutions..

Its mostly great for 1080p users and chosen from many 1440p too.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Problem with DSR is the smoothness slider, there is no sweetspot for it, its either to blurry or to much jaggies.

Its cool on 4K on some games but not all.

I rather still use MSAA SSAA or MLAA.

8. ckleuser

ckleuser Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Nvidia Control Panel is old and ugly as hell.... Nvidia, CHANGE THIS FAST!!! No Async Compute too... WTF!

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    did they even fix the DSR slider last time I tried DSR (windows 10) the DSR slider did jack and **** then again i still on 361.91 had no bearing on how the desktop looked or how games looked.

10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    * you'd rather use MSAA you say..many games comes with deferred antialiasing techniques so only way to further silence jaggies is supersampling (ssaa or dsr) but,

** Comparing -for testing purpose only- from native 1080p
    downsampled 4K vs DSR's 4K with smoothness 0% can you see any difference?? :3eyes:
    that smoothness is a Gaussian filter, some may prefer it (on some 2-3 years older games a 15-20% does very nice job but it's all about user's taste), having the choice of using it or not and in whatever level you may prefer is better to have, yes?

*** mlaa for Amd gpu so..

---

I guess it's a Win10-only bug, on Win7 not such.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i know it been reported by others and me countless times but dsr smoothing has been broke in win10 for while

12. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Getting worst framerate with sli on division than one gpu, still getting framedrops with sli.

Any solution to use sli on division?

13. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    haha, who would of guessed! explains a lot. and SLI enables fine with these without a bluescreen. so far so good!

14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Format c:\

And get better cpu :)

With 3-way sli TX 5960x @4500mhz ht=off, the cpuload is 80-90% on 8 cores!

The division is eating cpupower!

Framedrop could be not enough vram too? Turn down some settings :p

3440x1440 @ max settings I have 5,5GB vramusage

15. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X

Run perfect on one gpu all ultra 2k resolution...

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    He's right that SLI does require more CPU power, especially to avoid frame rate dips..

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

And lose larger fov? Funny stuff. The sweet spot is 17- 22%. I set it to 20% and forget it. I usually dsr 1620p and it works perfect.

The easiest way to test perfect sharpness balance is to set your desktop to 4k and then adjust the slider and pay attention to text sharpness. Ideal is ~18 - 20% mark.

I like dsr too like ck the greek said. Those who say its crap imo cant use it properly in the first place :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  18. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    So, why do nVIDIA drivers 'phone home' during install?

Not the UDP broadcast to show the ads, but the TCP encrypted connections.

19. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Sending some stats?

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Just installed these and now MPC HC is crashing whenever I try to play a video, I'm also using smooth video project with GPU acceleration, anyone else have issues?