[Free - Origin On the House] Medal of Honor™ Pacific Assault

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Extraordinary, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Cheers bud, will this run on my system.:p

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Cheers dude, added

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Still have the original box ^^ Don't need that Origin Bloatware for it.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    GG,Thanks Mr.Extraordinary.

For this old game I need to set my Cpu afinity to 1 Core and put an old GF 6600GT card in my system. :wanker:

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  7. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Haha,good one.Told you. :D
    Back to GF3 or GF 6-7k.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    back when EA was actually a decent dev, making a great singleplayer and multiplayer game that was worth buying, and not the half arsed crap we get now from them.
    what a box art, reminds me of the days i had the geforce 2 mx440 64mb/ram
    [​IMG]

9. Deragot

Deragot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    Thank you for the PSA :cheers:

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Time to "upgrade" bro. :D

I understand they give this game as a gift because it's free or almost free for Origin but at least a playable game in modern PCs will be nice.

They should ask GOG for old games support on modern PCs...

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Thanks, I'll download when I get home. This is no Allied Assault but was still a good game.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Thanks, this is game which made me stop playing medal of Honor series.

Why? Because when bullets fly around and hit your virtual character, you are used to survive. But in this game, I have been hit by 2 tank round (explosion in your face) in 10 seconds and lived. At that point I just uninstalled game never to return.

13. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    That message is only a cosmetic nuisance. The game works fine after you click "yes". The error seems to be caused by the game being unable to properly detect system ram bigger than 2 GB.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    2 tank rounds in 10 seconds is doable. 3 would be pushing it, even for American ubersoldiers.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't understand this. EA rarely, rarely makes anything at all.

For instance, this game wasn't developed by EA.

now, you might be saying "wait wait wait, sure it was! It was developed by EA Los Angeles!" Which sure, but....that's just a name. EA Los Angeles, AKA Danger Close AKA DreamWorks Interactive LLC

Just because EA bought DreamWorks Interactive in 1999 and renamed it EA Los Angeles doesn't mean "EA developed the game", EA Lost Angeles is called EA Los Angels and not just EA for the very reason to separate them, EA Lost Angels developed this game, EA published it

Now that doesn't mean EA being the publisher isn't what destroyed or boosted a developer, publishers are one of the main reasons games come out horrible in general because they want things by a time-table rather then what it takes to release a game, AKA "12 months should be how long it takes to make Game A and Game B, even though Game A is a straight-forward racing game with no side-streets, and Game B is open-world with hundreds of miles of places to go"

On this note, what HAS EA made? not what have they published, has EA ever actually developed a game?

16. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    EA is awesome in this regard, with great freebies all the time.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Define what it means to considered "EA" then. EA bought Dreamworks and then made the game. That means EA made it.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Played a bit earlier, it's a 3Go download. I liked MOH:AA back in the days, never played Pacific, but well... It's a bit too old for me. People: i tried !! Even went for 5K DSR.

I just can't anymore. Have fun ^^.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Seems like an odd thing to nitpick about.
    That's like saying BulletStorm isn't an EA game because it was made by People Can Fly, produced by Epic... and published by EA.

It's still an EA title regardless of who made it simply because EA provided funding and publishing.

The Medal of Honor series is EA owned, and as such, no matter who developed it... Pacific Assault is an EA title.

20. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    EA is first and foremost a publisher. Sequels / franchises are developed by internal studios, original work is often done by third party developers and published by EA. Bulletstorm (People Can Fly) for instance would've happened in some form or another with or without EA - another publisher would've picked it up. The same goes for the original Battlefield 1942 and Mirror's Edge (both DICE), for instance. However, once games become franchises and EA puts one of its developers to work on creating sequels, I think it's fair to say it's an EA game. This goes for the C&C's post-Westwood, The Sims after the first game, every sports title and every NFS title.

MoHPA wasn't created because some developer felt a burning desire to create the game, you can be sure it was commissioned. Not necessarily as a WW2 game set in the Pacific, but certainly as a sequel to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

To make matters worse, MoHPA wasn't even received that well. Gamers were more bothered with Half-Life 2 (released around the same time) and Call of Duty 2 (next-gen release, a year later).