The Division performance, and impressions.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, Jan 29, 2016.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I find the game actually entertaining, and it looks really nice, and runs quite well for a ubisoft game to be honest. It is fun to play with people online, but i hate it when they just rush through the world with out breathing the beauty of it. I like to take go slow and enjoy what i paid for and not just shoot and sprint for the hell of leveling up. Besides i really want to go rouge with people i trust in the dark zone. So if you ever get it, im your man, as long you too don't rush through the experience.

Well if you ever want to play together, just pm me your gamertag, and ill add you as soon i get my card back. Sent for rma, due to fan ratteling.

2. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Does anybody have locked 60 in this game (indoor and out) with graphical settings actually up?

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'll probably get the game at the end of the month.

4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Finally figured out I was supposed to be getting 350Mbps internet and it was my modem holding me back to 50Mbps.... Got the new modem today, so I bought the division to test out the download speed. Hope the game is decent, beta was kind of fun.

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Jezuz! I just tried this game on Windows 7...I've got 5-10 less fps in general compared to W10 :wanker: GPU utilization sucks ballz too. And I double check everything to ensure that I'm not f*ed up anything to get those results...

Downloading W8.1 eval. I wanna test it in there...

6. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    yes I do on a 290x with i5 2500k, everything highest setting except nvidia shadows. I always get 60 inside and never below 40 outside. My bench is 55.1 at 1080p.

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    He said locked 60 fps in and out, lol dude.

8. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Just letting him know how close I am with my older system, no need for "lol" if I'm getting this close should be no problem on newer rigs.

9. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Hmm my rig meets their required specifications, I figured that should mean 60fps all the time @ high or ultra..

I probably average about 55, but I do get drops to 45 in the odd area. Its the only game that I play right now that does this.. not so noticeable because its 3rd person, hoping a performance patch or new driver will help at some point.. not sure 16.3.1 will

10. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    did i post this already??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVaSKrmn7KA

i went thru and did some basic benchmarking of my own with how i got my 390x running, tweaks and all in the reg and all that.

EDIT: ignore the stutters, that is OBS thrashing my HDD while recording

EDIT: there are some options that you could just live without honestly. i know graphical options are very subjective to the player, but i'm treating this like CSGO. low everything, especially when i'm in the DZ. if i'm relaxing and playing and just running around, i'll pump it up, but then i don't see that bad of a frame rate when i do that either.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What are you using to record?

edit: I see you added OBS there :) Good video. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    What is the point of play this game if you gonna go rushing through it with lowest setting and treating it as a shooter from the 90s?

The game is gorgeous, and you have the hardware to run it at max setting with decent performance around the 45 fps. If it were for the leveling up and feeling good about your skills i suggest you go for call of duty or just back to counter strike.

I would be pissed off if people treated a beautiful world i created for them to enjoy as an ugly box where players just run around and use cheats and aim bots to score headshots. :bang:

13. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    So what's the deal with Crossfire on this?

It's completely broken on mine, even turning it off via Radeon settings doesn't work. I have to turn the video mode into Borderless to stop it.

I worked out taking shadow detail down took me on my 280X from 25-30fps to a decent 45+. But apart from the flickering Crossfire seemed to have the game going nicely around 60fps on high settings for me.

I know the latest driver reports it as a current issue but are we expecting it to get fixed or will it be like Far Cry 4, doesn't get fixed for months by which point no one is playing it, or worse yet Watch_Dogs when it never got fixed ever?

14. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    The state in which games are at release lately, playing them on day 1 is the definition of insanity. -Vaas

It's kinda ironic that 'everyone stops playing' when they are actually fixed and all bugs squashed.

15. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    CFX guys, did you tried completely turning off temporal AA via ini? I've heard some green users have much better performance and such while it's off...

temporalaa2 = 0

16. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    yeah it doesn't do anything apart from make the game look as jaggie as on xb1/ps4...looks horrendous

17. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    after editing the config files last night... i made it look a TON worse then the low preset... but i got 180-250fps. then i went back to my usual settings. but i can see how it could help someone who wants to be a full rogue player and have no pretty crap in his visual way

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can see both sides, although I'll probably be the person who will walk between places just to get the scenery in :)

19. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @nav-jack, wanna share some performance ini tweaks? I'm interested... :)

20. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Got the game 3 days ago, looks good at 1440@Ultra presets with no vsync.

Game died 3 times (could not see a reason) and yesterday i had some screen corruption after a long session. Closed and launch again and worked perflectly for another 2 hours.

Drivers, broken game?? Lets see how 16.4.1 works...