Nvidia Pascal Specs?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Shadowdane, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Anyone can do it, the problem is you have to support it.

Stardock/Oxide wants to build a 3rd party middleware that companies can utilize in their engines/games and they'll handle the support. Most of the posts I've read about it made it sound like something you could install and it will just work. But it actually requires software implementation at the engine level.

2. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    could this mean a rise in demands of 700 -1200w PSU in the next gen as opposed to the 500-700W mainstream range ?!

3. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    As opposed to the zero games that need these over priced pascal cards??

4. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Which reminds me of Virtu, which is now dead. I don't think anyone really needs or wants a dual brand setup. There really isn't a usage scenario that requires both. Sure, mixing old cards together might be fun, but I highly doubt it'll be efficient or work anywhere close to being seamless, much less completely solve multi-gpu frametime issues that even Nvidia/AMD have had a hard time nailing down.

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Well, the word "need" is entirely subjective.

There's quite a few games that would benefit from a more powerful single card than 980Ti/Fury X(not counting SLI/CF), especially those with 1440P 60/120/144Hz or the few with 4K Monitors or even 144Hz 1080P one's, who would like to play at maximum image quality at reasonable AA levers(2-4x).

There are other who don't care/mind lowering image quality/resolution to achieve 60-100+FPS or some are even happy playing at 30-40FPS. Nothing wrong with either scenario.

As I said, entirely subjective.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  6. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    :puke2:$600-$900-$1100 TO PLAY GAMES? FFS cost more than the computer. Subjectively waste of money to see pretty colors lol. I'll objectively wait till they are released, buy 980ti's for $150 and laugh at all you silly "Pascal" suckers. When and if Stardock is released ill just plug in all the other cards, other than Fort Knox priced Pascal, I get for $20 tee hee. Subjectively I'd rather spend $1100 on a nice 4 day vacation cheers!!:puke2:

7. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    So you're on an enthusiast hardware forum, deriding those hardware enthusiasts that are willing to spend 1000$ on their PCs.

Brilliant.

Now **** off.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well whatever these will be named be it GTX 1080/Ti or X80/X80Ti....if there is a Ti version I'll be waiting on those.

Vram is becoming an issue again...2K and the newer games eating up over 4GB.

Examples..

Rise of the Tomb Raider
    The Division

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Don't insult users who want to upgrade their hardware man its not cool. Plus insulting users who want to purchase Pascal is just plain silly. Plus I reported you troll.

10. kbdfan

kbdfan Guest

GPU:
    msi gtx 980 4G gaming
    I was kind of hoping that the X80 and X80ti would have HBM2, but who knows, they could change the specs later.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    So with the same logic as above no one should get a house above $2.5k(yes $2,500) since you can get $2,500 Portable House called the Habihut. All those fools that pay anything from $100,000-$1,000,000+ for just a roof over their heads. You must laugh so hard at them.

Or why get anything else other than a Prius(small, practical, economical) just for driving since the whole purpose is just to get from A to B and back and possibly to other alphabet letters in between?

I wonder why... We are all such fools.

P.S: And I really wish I could welcome you to the forums. What the heck. We are good people.

Welcome to Guru3D forums where enthusiasts and not only come to have a good time.

Don't feed please. :p

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Then don't do it... ;)

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I know I know. Touché. :D

In my defense, sometimes the urge is too great.

P.S: And also they might starve and my good consciousness won't allow that. :p

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    No, since Pascal will be even more energy efficient than previous iterations.

15. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Guy was asking if vendor agnostic multi-gpu will drive up PSU requirements. He imagines a world in which everyone buys a 490X+X80 so you can run everything at >9000 fps

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    [​IMG]

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I know that urge :D

LOL just made my day, thanks! :D

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To copy my post from another thread:

What sources? Besides telling little to nothing, that link doesn't even give any kind of info on the source. Not even stating some mysterious 'business insider'. :rolleyes:

Is it likely to be like this? I'd say yes. But it's old news.

20. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Wait before dismissing this!

Why would it suffer if it has to use 'async compute' heavily ?

I'm really bothered by this; if I'm not gaining performance with the damn thing enabled, why would would I keep it on?

'Async' enables you to make use of resources you'd otherwise not be using, if there are no unused resources, there is no space for improvement.

Unless of course this article means that pascal will suffer heavily in games that require heavy concurrency

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016