Played Crysis again ...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Mar 18, 2016.

1. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Game is best played in delta difficulty and stalking the KPA like the Predator is exhilarating.

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I'm cranked up very high (a teeny bit lower than xigmatek xtreme config), and back with my 970 I got 22fps, getting 19fps with current rig. These low fps areas are particularly huge hubs, like the second level tank encounter area, the harbor area, etc.

Its a real shame because the true ultra settings define the game (instance, if you max out draw distance to insane values you can see circling birds in the first area through a large distance). I am just amazed when I think how much more details like these exist.

You have to download the 64bit binaries separately for steam version and rename the folder to bin32 so that steam launches 64bit exe each time.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I used the crysis exe in the bin64 folder i've linked. Added sweetfx so i've to close EVGA PrecisionX (and force close its monitoring "precisionX server" in task manager). My FPS at maxed out, max AA at 1440p is between 55 and 75 i would say. Going up to 100+ in some empty place at the start too.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    just run the crysis.exe in bin64

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    What mods are you guys using with it?

6. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
  7. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Most of the links area dead.
    Using the 64 folder the op shared i get a full blurred image. Maybe reshade is causing it.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Strange, i did lower the motion blur from the game graphics' settings

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    The original Far Cry and Crysis. Good times, i remember liking Far Cry more than the the other big games of that time (Doom 3 and HL2) because i was experimenting on different types of approaching the objective

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Thinking of Far Cry 1, cutting edge graphics and open world, aliens and everything.

Except the open word, Far Cry 3/Primal whatever are really not from the same license.

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Howcome no mention of part 2 or 3?

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    They didn't push hardware, they weren't pc exclusive. They in fact, were a big middle finger to pc gamers after Yerli cried about piracy killing pc gaming and refusing to ever make a pc-only game again.

Bad ports with very little optimization. :puke2:

Crysis 1 was like the farewell to fps-exclusive pc gaming as we knew it. Outside of ftp and steam indies, everything from doom to battlefield are on console and get more attention there. Horrible irony.

13. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    You could be right I dont know? But I am just curious is there any mods for part 2 and 3 or only for part 1?

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I dont think crysis 2 can be called unoptimized, it was actually one of the most optimized games of 2011, heck it used to run on my low end gt220 and core2duo just under 30 fps.but i woulf say crysis 3 is the bad game yes that was a big middle finger to pc gaming.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I wanted to play Crysis 1 again and I had a Steam gift for it. No matter what I did, it would not run in Steam. I tried everything. The 64 bit stuff, the launch options, nothing worked. I uninstalled it and got an Origin key for it. Installed it there, added the 64 bit folder, and it runs great. I really don't know what my fps is but it sure runs a lot better than it did on my old laptop where I got about 3-5 fps in the last boss fight and it was like a slideshow. I still don't know how I beat it.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I play with the origin version too.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I found out how to show the framerate and I'm getting 54-75fps on high settings with 4X AA enabled. This is in Win 10 Home 64 bit with the 64 bit files added.

I installed it on my Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop with a first generation Llano A8 APU and it's integrated HD6620G GPU. Surprisingly, the 32 bit default game works perfectly where it wouldn't on the Win 10 64 bit desktop. I have to use low settings though with no AA to stay above 30fps in every location. With 2X AA it looks better but drops to the low 20's in framerate sometimes. (personally, I can live with that)The high foliage areas are the worst which makes sense. I remember editing a config file to lessen the amount of vegetation back when I played the game the first time but I don't remember what I had to do.

A weird thing is that the 32 bit game works on the laptop but not on the desktop. I saw somewhere where they said the 32 bit game would not work with FX CPU's. Even weirder is the fact that the 64 bit version will not work on the laptop consistently. If launched through Origin, it asks for the CD which does not happen in Win 10. I did mange to get it working twice by launching it from the game folder itself with a no-CD patch installed and the performance was identical to the 32 bit version so I stuck with that on the laptop. I'm running in DX 10 mode on both systems. It appears to run differently in Win 7 than in 10.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Really? You sure you don't have your rose-tinted glasses on?

19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Yes, really sure. I don't play games at less than max settings. Anti aliasing was turned of I think.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My old GTX+ played it 40-60 fps 1080p with some mods no problem.