AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Hey sorry to jump in guys, I wanted to know how come the Shadow Flickering issues when Crossfire is enabled has NEVER been fixed... I been Googling it for years, it's a very common problem.

I've been battling it ever since the 290x came out and I Crossfired a pair in basically every single game I've played, severity of the problem varies game to game, usually it's random shadow flickering or missing shadow textures at times...
    But the latest example would happen to be the worst one I've seen, as you can see in the video StarWars game on almost every map anything further than 20-30 feet ahead of me is completely blacked out making the game impossible to play in Crossfire mode... disabling Crossfire game works normally.

http://vid190.photobucket.com/albums/z75/Adon604/StarWars_zpsmlpo6d5j.mp4

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. deadliner

deadliner Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X² 3GB
    I thought the new power saving feature would once and for all, finally fix the audio dropout on my 7950 so I didn't have to set PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable to 1 in the cards registry settings every time I updated the drivers. Well... I was wrong.

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Power saving feature were only applied on vendor R9 300 and fury series.
    Even R9 200 that were rebranded to r9 300 didn't receive this feature properly, but the rebrands somehow received.

Lets wait more XD

4. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    In previous pages, some users reported that creating a profile for such games and using "AFR Compatible" mode would fix the problem. I'm just wondering, didn't you guys create any profiles for those games in 15.12 and it just worked as long as that the option to enable crossfire for applications without one was checked? I always explicitly create a crossfire profile for my games.

Create a profile for your game and set the Crossfire mode to Optimize 1x1, that mode solely exists to tackle Crossfire-related flickering. If you still have flickering with Optimize 1x1, then there is no way to play that game properly with Crossfire. If you have problem in games that run fine for other people under Crossfire, then there might be something wrong with one of your cards.
    In the particular case of Star Wars, this is a completely different issue and has been fixed to some extent over the past few drivers but not fully fixed, yet; check the driver's known issues for more info.

5. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Well I dont have anything close to that! Thats crazy! I get the occasional graphics flicker- almost like the card oc is too high, but just for a split second every 10-20 minutes and the very occasional shadow flicker in BF4 but other than that, nothing like what you are talking about. Damn, I would be pissed! Sorry bro...

6. lordcarlos

lordcarlos Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    What exactly do you mean by audio dropout?
    Because I have some HDMI Audio problems on my Fury. Though for me it might be power saving related, at least some of it are fixed with disabling it.

For example if I watch a flash video I have some annoying cracking comming from my speakers. If I force 1000mhz it's gone.

I also have some when listening to music while browsing a webside like imgur that has a lot of pictures and videos. Though I have not tested disabling power saving on that site.

7. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Guest

GPU:
    Fury X Crossfire
    No Crossfire support for Need for Speed. Can't say I'm surprised but am a little disappointed. And so the wait begins. Again.

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the 300 series does indeed have the features causing the problems. Its part of the updated bios.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have it enabled globally via RadeonMod. My guess is that it's not the default because if you do that Antivirus programs will falsely flag AMD-created binary files for major Windows processes (like LogonUI.exe) as trojans, because they inject code into them. I haven't had any other adverse effect, in fact I'm saving the Cache in between driver installations so that I don't experience the stutter when it's initially created again.

10. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    The Mac

Could you take the time to take the OCCT test I have demonstrated in this thread?

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ill give it a go when i get home from work.

cant seem to find the post, can you link to the post?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Don't hold your breath....

We all know AMD power saving crazyness is a "bug" like VSR "bug" in >=GCN 1.2.

Series 200 and less are not suppossed to have it due to lack of "hardware scaler" or "bios differences". :D

The Mac is right again, it's all placebo including FPS/frametimes monitoring data.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
  15. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm getting a sporadic issue, I think while web surfing, where suddenly my Benq screen goes black and nothing will wake it besides a reboot or power off.

I'm also getting this weird issue, that has been around for several drivers now, where the screen will randomly flicker for second, as if the webpage has been shifted horizontally before returning to normal.
    Is this the Freesync flicker known issue?

16. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    jee wizz, still no fix for The Division and Crossfire.

17. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Still no fix for high memory clock 1500 mhz with 144 hz monitor in Crimson 16.3. How long do we have to wait before AMD will do something about the issue. All Crimson drivers are having this issue. Going back to Catalyst solves the problem, but thats not a solution. So please fix it AMD.
    Nvidia drivers are having the same problem.

18. vipernig

vipernig Guest

GPU:
    Rad HD 7970GHz x2 (H20)
    Well I updated to these drivers and they now introduced the problem of the second crossfire card now turning off. So now my second 7970 is always on at 300Mhz Core and 1500 Memory.

I also have been carrying a huge problem since going to the switch to crimson drivers. I have 3 monitors: one Dell U3011 connected to DP port 1 and 2 U2515H where one is connected to DP port 2 on my video card and then I daisy chain to the second U2515 through DP1.2. This was causing flickerein on the daisy chained monitors and switching to crimson fixed that issue greatly. But since 16.1 (not sure about 15.12) when I ever I launch older titles such as Hard Reset, Dawn of War and the like, the games don't run properly on full screen. Even when I disable crossfire through the profiles. I have to go into the Windows display settings and then disable the 2 daisy chained screens for the games to run correctly.

By disabling the crossfire completely, the older games run correctly in fullscreen with the other screens extending the desktop. Did not test this condition with previous problematic driver versions.

Another issue when I switched to 16.3 is that my games profiles don't fully show even when i tell it to rescan. Like 80% of my installed games are not there anymore. And the powersaving option is disappeared and when I do see it I can't turn it off.

Anybody else has these issues?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The power toggle in new drivers is only for series 300/fury.

Since 16.1 cfx is basically f@@@ changing cfx to disabled in game profiles does nohing.

20. vipernig

vipernig Guest

GPU:
    Rad HD 7970GHz x2 (H20)
    Ok Cool for the power toggle.

And yes you are right I just remembered noticing that disabling crossfire in the games profile was not working in 16.2 for the games that only run when i disabled my extended screen desktop.

I just tested 16.3 with demanding games like GTA5 and Shadow of Mordor. They are working fine with the extended desktops but i still have the issue of the crossfire always being ON when i am in the desktop. I spend most of my time working instead of gaming and i can't have the second GPU On all the time. I thinking of reverting back to 15.11 or 15.12. This is unfortunate. I am not sure if I am the only one with this Full screen flickeing the games not running in Multimonitor crossfire setup with older games.