Far Cry Primal Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm actually all for a Middle Ages (Medieval) setting. Sword play, bow and arrow of course... there's the possibility for some really interesting stuff.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Does it run on win 10 64bit?

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    It's been running fine on Win10 64bit.

4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I played and finished FC1 on an FX5200, and later upgraded to a GeForce 6200, with less than 15fps. Same rig that ran Crysis 1 on 800x600 with custom CFG settings to get ultra low settings, as "low" was already too demanding.

I gotta say though, installing a game to then tweak it to get playable FPS is way more fun than installing a game and getting good performance right off the bat because of a good rig (not talking ****ty optimizations).

Good times good times.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah how about me, running farcry 1 on a geforce mx440 64mb, one of weakest gpus ever lol, i remember how i couldnt run the game in opengl mode because it wasnt supported, so i had too much input lag playing in directx mode. at 800 *600 medium about 20 fps lol.

6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Maybe it could play like the classic Cinemaware game, "Defender of the Crown" where you engage rivals via jousting in first person view and the skill is keeping the tip of the lance on target as you gallop towards your foe.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I can't remember what I was running when FarCry released.
    I remember I had an FX 5200... and god, that was awful. Could barely run Doom 3, FarCry...

I then upgraded to an x800 GT, was a lot better... but still couldn't max out FC.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Updated, and here's the changes according to the updated readme.txt file.

EDIT: -skipintro has been removed, have to view the logo videos now. :(

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that should work but Ubisoft has changed the file format somewhat so there's currently no compatible tools to unpack the .fat/.dat archives.

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    No framerate increase for me.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Did someone post a fix to even out the 100% load on CPU Core 2 to get better SLI scaling? Mine's still poo and it's getting really annoying.

[​IMG]

Gah, crappy thing...it says 59% usage on GPU1 and 72% on GPU2.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I am going to test this out now for myself i keep u updated.

[​IMG]
    Dam uplay i toke a screenshot but for some weird reason uplay dont like msi afburner i also still have bad sli scaling with this game 55% on gpu1 and 53% on gpu 2.

14. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    I had great scaling until this 1.2 patch and its knocked around 15fps off my performance.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You too? *Sigh*
    Could you stand just outside your cave in the village like in my screenshot?

Really? That's too bad. Though I've had it like this since the game came out.

Funny btw, time of day seems to impact the FPS a lot. Here is one in the evening, look at the scaling (!!!).

[​IMG]

At night I definitely get the best performance :)

16. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    At the village cave entrance I was getting 85 fps now I get around 77. Did you say that you got your frame rate back after doing something?

17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    EDIT..Something very wrong here as if you turn textures to normal instead of high I get 99% on each card...that can't be right as I have 6g.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Your FPS actually makes sense since you OC.

No...nothing. I just came back later (in game time). But you notice that there is no fog in the second shot, therefore more visible view distance = less fps?

I haven't tried that. I just remember that changing quality settings does little on the FPS. The Apply button doesn't show so I dont know if anything really happens.

19. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    This game rules just about to finish it already finished Batari going for Udam homeland now. Totally cleaned the map of everything except the collectibles(since map you cant enable them and see the missions at the same time) so I'm gonna sweep those on the SaberTooth after I beat the game. I thought it would be lesser in content being only 16gb but I guess 10,000bc has more repetitive textures(looks like way more graphics but only half the install size). Yeah game is repetitive they nailed the looks of it gameplay could have been improved. Has a kind of brutal feel to it which could have been taken to extreme heights to where the game really felt like 10,000 years ago. If they would have matched the powerup progression made it less haokey made it less of a far cry(a ubisoft farcry)(at least this one isn't like mtv or communist revolution like the last 2).

Sure is funny to try to push liberalism and multiculturalism in a game set in 10,000BC and is largely about revenge and genocide...... Really the game itself as far as the storyline makes no sense how come they are black African tribesman in prehistoric Europe(didn't happen). I can see this offending minorities too because the hero is white and so is his best buddy but the rest of the tribe is black(also not very realistic but a typical frenchie mtv tactic) like they need white men to bring them everything and save them from being destroyed by the other tribes(the multiculturalism in this game actually comes off kinda racist if you really look at it closely). How come you go around killing all the stronger tribes so your lazy ghetto(man just look at the hairstyles in the game before you go ape over this assessment) tribe can take over(cause they are good people and liberals? oh yeah you got a shaman that's always feeding u drugs so your a cool guy aka a liberal drug addict just like far cry 4, far cry 3 and now gta v all have the kill everything while your tripped out and high missions, I enjoy those to be honest but its just pushing liberalism). They make a southern us hick the dumbass comic relief of the game and the tribe(that uses mtv rap music terminology mixed into his prehistoric babble bootyqua I picked out some other things in there but don't remember them all)(whos fighting all ur middle east wars frenchies?(southern us hicks) oh that's right ur just gonna hump them all to death Charlie Hebdo style) the same sounds at times like the prehistoric babble is French and the game seems to be set in French setting with the alps in the background and the French countryside. Too bad my French isn't better otherwise I could draw more parallels between the ingame languages and French which I'm sure exist. Yeap lead creative producer is Frenchman so ubi stole far cry from cevat and the turks(crytek has since become mostly turk coders and designers) and have turned it into some French controlled production and they tried to hide it from an American audience but anyone who has any experience with French media will see the parallels in this game and the prehistoric babble used in the game. Really its a French game that mascarades as an American one but if you are French you will see its a French game.

If the progression was perfectly tuned and harder this would be a formidable game when you run around at first it seems incredibly hard and those sabertooths pretty much if one sees you your dead or any cat for that matter. Also the caves give it a great prehistoric feel but the mazes are too simple maybe one had a good trick in it in the very north of the map but the rest were very easy. The game looks great but the problem with it is its way too easy I died a few times in the game and it was mostly from not understanding the interface. LOL TOOK ME MOST OF THE GAME TO REALIZE THAT TO CHANGE THE WEAPONS IN THE WEAPON WHEEL YOU HAVE TO USE THE MOUSE WHEEL........ Also why does it tell you when you get the multiple item power ups that resource usage is the same when in actuality you multiply your weapons per resource by the multiple it says in the skill tree. So really resource usage is divided by the multiple whoever made the interface on this game is not very bright(or its translated poorly from French or by a Frenchman doing the English interface). Feeding the Sabertooth to ride it is a pain and petting and some of the feeding animations take too long(this is mostly fixed and less of an issue in 1.2 with the game performance increase animations like this are much faster now still tho trying to feed the wolf in playthrough 2 is still giving me a problem with healing even when on a slight slope or gradient). When you get all sting and berserk and fire bombs you can wipe out an entire outpost without even having to fight making the battles at the end of the game extremely easy. The graphics and mechanics are amazing and they really improved on the dunia 2 engines speed and smoothness from the last 2 farcrys but the lod was upped so much your going to be in the 40-60fps range(so even tho the engine is faster smoother improved overall the game is slow and laggy(this was improved to a satisfactory extent by the 1.2 patch... no longer an issue other than a few lags and stutters) unless your on the latest hardware/ and who wants to upgrade for this game.... no one) unless ur on dual 980tis or there abouts and in the northern mammoth hunt area your going to be in the 30s most of that map(now 50-60s 1.2 patch).

The loot system is kind of a double edged sword. For a clean sweeping nut like me I like to loot everything but because of the basic loot and crafting really it is unnecessary really you can play the whole game with just stash loot which there is a ton of the rare loot in the caves or if you get the skill upgrade u will get rare loot just looting the countryside. Obviously if you loot everything you will just be able to craft all the weapons sooner and it will make the game easier, but later on in the game if you get tired of looting u can ignore it all together fast travel or hit up the local camp stash and replenish yourself for the next outpost or battle(or if you use the skill trees for double weapon creation you will stretch your resource usage much further which is the opposite of what the skill tree tells you). Also the loot limits of the pack(which have limits per item but in reality would add up to thousands of pounds that no real person could realistically carry) are unrealistic but kind of nice because it makes looking and accumulating for building the various huts in the map easier to understand but different from other games loot structures in other open world games(you wont be transferring stashes like Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl).

Pros: Great mechanics, Great Graphics, Smooth engine much less glitch than before, huge open world with high level of detail, great caveman feel, riding fast beasts around the map while being able to aim down sight and kill things while riding as well as search them except to take the missions where u have to get off to talk to the guy to go have the mission added to your map and run over there to actually go do it(these missions became a pain)

Cons: Frenchie liberal brainwash, makes fun of white americans aggrandizes everyone else, ridiculous non realistic multiculturalism wash, for some reason everyone thinks prehistoric tribes in Europe were all black....., same gameplay mechanic as farcry 4 pretty much, WAY TOO EASY, progression not tuned for good survivalist feel turns it into pretty much a completionist far cry, some of the gameplay modes are long and boring, feels like a childs game

Overall: recommend because what far cry is now is what gamers dreamed about 20 years ago(best far cry yet, far cry 2 was the worst, 3 was a surprise but really its success was an insult to crytek and crisis 3(best game of 2013 but far cry 3 sales surpassed it), far cry 4 was better than 3 and more dense more constant action but 3 broke the mold of disappointment that was 2(tho the setting of Nepalese communist revolution and shangrila was a far better backdrop than American mtv vacation gone wrong paper planes douche whiteboy vs Mohawk Mexican working for Tuco Salamanca that wants mike to assassinate Tuco but instead he lets tuco punch him in the face..... could have ever been), far cry primal is better than 4 and 3 but weve played 2 games with this basic template already, primal vs far cry 1 hard to say far cry one was a mold breaker big time for its time primal vs far cry 1 each in their respective times maybe far cry 1 was bigger but the better game overall even tho the comparison is unfair is obviously primal), the problem is ubisoft and their liberal brainwash agenda not the game coders or artists they are doing their job right, if ubisoft didn't have to turn out mtv impersonation crap(remember the far cry 3 commercial?) they could be making the best games in the industry right now

OH YEAH HAS DENUVO WONT BE CRACKED FOR YEARS SO STOP WAITING MIGHT AS WELL JUST PAY FOR IT NOW INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR 2 OR 3 YEARS TO GET IT AT 15 BUCKS WHEN U CAN GET IT FOR 32 BUCKS NOW.

GAME RUNS FAR BETTER ON 361.91 DRIVERS UNLESS YOU HAVE 980TIS ANYTHING LESSER .91 IS A FAR SUPERIOR DRIVER TO 362.00 364.47 OR 364.51(ALL THESE DRIVERS SUCK UNLESS YOUR ON A 980TI OR 980) I GET 48 FPS IN OPEN SPACES WITH .91 AND MSI GAMING APP ON. WITH ANY OF THE OTHER DRIVERS I GET EVEN LESS AND YES .91 HAS THE SLI PROFILE. OH YEAH INSTALL PROCESS LASSO SET GAME PROCESS, EXCLUDE PROBALANCE RESTRAINT, AND SET AFFINITY TO NON HYPER THREADED CORES THIS WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO DISABLE HYPERTHREADING IN THE BIOS AND YOU CAN USE HYPERTHREADING IN THE OS WHEN YOU NEED IT AND JUST TURN IT OFF FOR THE SPECIFIC GAMING PROCESS.

Wow played with voltages in bios and it helped this game out tremendously. Kinda mad now I played it laggy now I'm getting sometimes still 40s in low lying open spaces but now on mountains im getting 50-60 and in the nortern snow areas im getting a solid 46+- FPS. Game is real fluid and fast now just like a console game. Kinda mad now I already played it before it was this quick. Oh well. Make sure you self tune every voltage in your bios cause they dont self configure as well as they used to.

Now on a fresh reboot I'm getting 50-60 in the northern Mammoth Hunt areas and in the low lying open areas like the urki lake and waterfall I'm getting a solid 50-60 with some dips into the 40s but the game is so fast and fluid now amazing. Make sure you set all your cpu voltages in detail by hand theres allot of performance gain in there with high core processors. Oh I guess they released a 1.2 patch now that's why I'm getting an extra 10 FPS. Also went back and played some Far Cry 4 and its not as good as I remember it anymore now that I can compare it to Primal FC4 and 3 are crap in comparison. Primal is no Far Cry 3 Blooddragon flanker B game its a full fledged state of the Dunia 2 Flagship title(with only a 16GB install size and graphically I'd say its 4x better than Fary Cry 4 which was better than FC3 Nature allows for repetitive models and textures to make every scene look different). So glad I bought this and didn't make the stupid move of waiting for someone to crack Denuvo which wont happen before this game is clearance..... And if the other FarCrys are any measuring stick considering this is the best one yet that's going to be 3 years plus before it hits 15 bucks....... Wow what a patch they nailed allot of the problems of the game like healing the beast on slopes and being able to get on and ride that was really annoying a few times. Oh yeah game needs to be played at 1440p or higher I ran it at 1080p one time and graphically its just not worth it looks like utter crap I don't care if it gives you 80 FPS you don't really need that many with this engine anyway its smooth and fast at 50. Install SweetFX 2.0 with Reshade use K-putte's config from thelazy.net might need to convert it from a Sweetfx 1.5 to a 2.0 settings do it by hand side by side with WinMerge load K-puttes config on the left hand and the blank sweetfx 2.0 settings on the right and figure it out.

Game is faster now but I'm pretty sure they did it by taking away detail........ still images probably looked better before the 1.2 patch..... sure not liking all the forced patches these days... steam, windows 10(go to black viper and tune your ms services in detail make a custom registry key(you don't have to set the trigger starts they are hardcoded into the os and you only have to play with those configs if you add a new service to your operating system(which most of this is handled by the programmer who made it for whatever software you add so you don't have to worry about it also I believe you can turn off the Microsoft Windows 10 keylogger and OS spying with services and in the new settings menu which is in the metro app where u setup fast ring and updates turn updates off in services.msc type windows key +r services.msc enter), and now uplay..... 1.2 patch install enabled v-sync which I had disabled so don't foget to go turn it back off

Yeah I'm already at 100% completion but I think I'm going to play the game again from 0 because its so fast and fluid now I want to play the game again in realtime instead of slow-mo.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Funny, interesting and very long review (dont have time to read it all, yet) but first of all, it's not a French game, it's done by your neighbours - the Canadians (French colony aside). And the in game chatter doesn't sound French at all if you ask me. For example, the worth "brother" sounds like "brashta" or something but brother in French is "frère".