AMD Radeon Pro Duo (Dual Fiji GPUs) Announced + Initial Perf Numbers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by jura11, Mar 15, 2016.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    AMD now selling industrial grade ovens.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    look at the wattage....

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    a beast of a card

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Peronal it dont matter to me, but wattage of hw these days does matter to, I try to get away from that stuff, and they seem to going towards as means to win

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Guys this card is not biased towards to consumers,I would say this card is more biased towards VR content creators and VR studios etc.

Thanks,Jura

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Would someone care about gas mileage if they buy $3M Porcshe?
    Would they stare at gas mileage calculator trying to safe on gas?

Wattage on hw didn't matter some time ago?

Where your logic going?

:banana::banana::banana:

8. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well I need to some some numbers and benchmarks, but so far it looks pretty sweet to me. The only issue for me is that 2/3 games that release these days don't have Crossfire/SLI support at launch (and sometimes ever), but that's a different issue.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

logic being i dont wana a space heater for hw or something sucking up more wattage then the cpu, and yes it does wattage is directly tied to how hot the card is gona get and last i check when AMD was releasing card that normal temp where like 90c+ they got castrated for it.

And what your point about the car? people buy those cars then dont use them let them sit in garage witch is same as throw money out the window.

10. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Skylake 6700K is around 91W.
    You gonna end up with 90W GTX950. (970 is 145W)

Air cooled 290x? It was sometime ago. FuryX we talking about are liquid cooled.

Point is that, if people care to blow that much cash on GPU, tend to care less about Wattage and more about Performance.

Let's summarize with, this card is not for me, and not for you.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if one need liquid to cool there hw the created properly then there design is flawed.

12. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    As I said there,this card never been intended to be for us gamers,those cards are intended to be used in VR studios and for VR content creators,which means those cards are something like half way between the normal Radeon and FirePro

Been owner previously Sapphire AMD R9 290 and 280X,both has been pretty much very quiet and quieter than my Titan X which I've right now,Titan X from 45% is very audible and from 60% is just simply loud,temps are still not bad,but still in 80's

Regarding the wattage,have look on Titan Z there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Why would VR creators need this? VR targets should be 90fps for midrange hardware, not $1500 devices. This is clearly a prosumer card similar to the Titan and it's even being marketed as that according to Ryan Smith at Anandtech.

It's a good card for compute purposes although I don't know why any gamer would pay the small premium on this device with Polaris ~3 months away.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    wattage (in regards to power) is not directly tied to how hot a component will get. Never has been, never will be.

TDP has nothing to do with how much power a product will consumer or how hot it will get.

The Skylake i7 6700K has a 91W TDP or 310.5 BTU/hr TDP. That's the amount of heat that has to be dissipated (represented in watts) to maintain a safe operating temperature, not the amount of power it draws. The Core i7 6700K actually draws around 116watts according to Hilbert's review.

15. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Polaris will be here this year,but I just don't think will be with HBM 2,if will come,will come with GDDR5X or HBM 1 as per their Roadmap,Vega and Navi should be equipped with HBM 2

Right now not sure if Polaris still will be on 14nm,but who knows,maybe they surprise me too

Hard to say why they target VR and I wouldn't say Titan has been targeted towards prosumers there,but that's my view,VRAM should suggest that,but performance nah,its slightly faster in Octane than 980Ti and in IRAY its very close between them,I've owned like 980Ti(EVGA) and now have Titan X(EVGA too)

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

16. baasgene

baasgene Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    Lol, Amd was smart to launch these now. At least they can get away with a couple of sales till Nvidia destroys them with the upcoming Titan-like Pascal

17. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I think this is a good indication that top range Polaris isn't coming out anytime soon, it would make no sense to release a successor to the fury x because it would compete with this.

It really looks like the focus will be on mobile this year, no huge single gpu gains this year I'm afraid folks

18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That's weird, the new Dual GPU card is 20% faster than the 295x2 at two of the resolutions, but at the middle resolution it's 38% faster - Firestrike graphs. I just don't think that's a good enough chunk faster than 295x2 - I think this card is a bit pointless, especially as Polaris is supposed to be coming out quite soon too.

19. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    What makes you so sure Polaris makes this card pointless and not the other way round?

20. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, I don't know that much about the projected performance of Polaris, but if it is in the region of twice as fast (even if a bit below) than 390x, then it makes this power hungry dual GPU card pointless if you can get the same performance or better from a more power efficient card. That's my assumption. But I suppose you're hinting that Polaris might be delayed, or just not launching soon.