Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well personally I think the Windows Store is only a small step up from Games for Windows LIVE really and I can't really see games distribution taking off in a big way that way, except for smaller casual friendly titles. Core gamers are naturally going to hate on it because of its unnecessary and annoying restrictions, things that we've already come across in the recent Gears of War Ultimate Edition release on PC.

I mean this game is 60 GB but there's no apparent way to backup the game files, I cannot even verify them (say if the game keeps crashing on starting) nor can I tell which version of the game I have installed. Microsoft really need to get their act together IMO and treat this larger games like Steam/EA/Ubisoft do otherwise it is destined to go the same way as GFWL.

2. deets75

deets75 Guest

no, it wasn't justified :) if a GFWL game had issues, they blamed GFWL. if a steam game had issues, they blamed the game. The hate was unbelievably skewed.

$team uber alles now for modern PC gamers, those who actually want PC gaming to be an elite and restrictedly expensive experience

3. deets75

deets75 Guest

I dont disagree, but its also relatively early days for win10. Plus I cant see the problem in having another platform, you can chose to use it or not use it.

I dont think it stands a chance because, as you also showed :D, people still go on about GFWL. most of the actual issues for GFWL were in installing the client, the rest were actual game issues, like you get on all platforms sadly.

but the xbox app is already installed and seems to work just fine. I dont get why gears is 60gb though, thats a pain in the backside, but maybe its a lot longer game than I recall. but still.

plus yes, some tweaks would be handy. but so far, I cannot find too much to fault it for. gears is being patched, but again, thats the game and not the platform. for some reason we are far far harsher on the MS platform when a game comes out with issues, no one ever blames steam or origin for new release bugs.

but time will tell if they listen or not but I cant see the wider PC market going for it in a big way. but then again, if its on every enough machines, it still might be worthwhile.

after all, its in our interests to have a wider gaming pool to pick from, right? we do actually want more games on our platform, dont we?

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CXeshIfgU

Microsoft are *******s. Is why. Is not just about the win store, it is about direct x, it is about xbox, ms being anti consumer, anti pc, using win 10 and a uber data mining platform, being dicks in general.

Steam has a long way to go to reach MS, EA, activision levels of dickishness. So yea we tend to cut them some slack.

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

you mean you smile while they take you for a ride, fair enough. and pretty sure steam owns your games and you have to kiss their asses or risk having your account all shut down.

cut them some slack. utter delusion.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    And the only retailer that avoids that is gog, not steam, not microshaft, not origin, not ubi, so what is so different about that?

NM devs and publishers are going online drm that punishes people within the game for not being online. NM the retailer. That is an industry wide problem getting worse by the month, what you buy is not what you own and are beholden to the company you bought it off.

That is a problem we agree there, but who has gotten banned off steam of late? I know noone, i do know games i bought off EA i cannot play because i could not find the receipts despite the games being on my profile page i could not prove i own them, nm if you switch pcs or certain hardware origin will nuke your games as being installed too many times etc.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Steam is no better, it just has time on it's side.
    I remember when it first appeared the backlash against Valve was huge compared to the complaints against the Windows Store.

Origin is easy to deal with, and the easiest platform around for turning old retail dics into digital versions.

I have noting against any of these companies as none of them have personally done me any harm.

I could not care less where i buy the game, i just dislike the idea of not being able to use overlays or SLI, but these are issues that may be resolved.

At the end of the day these are games i would never get a chance to play as i will not buy a console, so being annoyed would be stupid of me.

8. deets75

deets75 Guest

I had issues with VT4, the game was broken. steam refused to refund me, telling me to wait for sega to patch it.

I would have done a charge back, but I was warned by folk that steam would limit my account, all of it. not just this one game, all my other games.

and I had to wait days for steam to reply.

and steam prices are off the wall nuts.

the point being we shouldn't give any of them slack, treat them all the same. not steam getting preferential treatment, I found origin support to be far better, I could actually speak to someone.

9. XtoX

XtoX Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X
    Any informations on car customisation ? (mechanical, not paints)

10. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is the beta available from the 5th or only on the 5th?

12. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sounds good. Would love to try it out.

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Hope it wont take long for wheel support.
    Wont be that fun just using a controller.
    Ill try the beta to see how it runs and what DX12 features it offers.

15. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I have XBox 360 gamepad and G27 racing wheel. I don't have XBox One gamepad. Will Xbox 360 gamepad work? I hope that Forza 6 Apex will support Logitech G25/G27/G29 racing wheels.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    360 should work just fine. At the worst it might not have rumble trigger support.

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hmm, very constructive post. Why not consider dual booting to try Win10/F6 Apex out and then make a final decision? I loved Win7 more than I thought I could love an OS, but I tried Win10 the day it came out and haven't looked back since.

On topic, looking forward to playing this on PC. I've been a Forzaholic since the first game came out on the first Xbox, always with a dream of it being ported or modded to PC. Little did I know that MS would make it happen! Can't wait to play Forza Motorsport 7 and Horizon 3 on PC 1080p@60FPS with high/ultra settings!

Only thing that disappoints me so far with Apex is that I just got used to having all the awesome Porsches available to me on FM6 XB1, now they will once again be gone in a sense. Still going to give the beta a shot next week and report back.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Will look forward to comparing this to the xb1 version, but no online player livery or mutiplayer, and i am assuming no Forza rewards either, well i suppose for free we cannot really complain.

I suspect on May 5th we will see the internet go down the toilet as PC players either rip the **** out of it for being bad, port wise, or flicking console owners ears while whispering how they are playing forza for free, take that you console peasants. lol

Should be a lot of fun on 5th May. lol

20. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I remember them saying it is free because it is just a tech test and dipping their toes in the PC world. I'm sure (and they have said) that the next Forza games will be full releases on both platforms. Now THAT I can't wait for!