Steam Weekly Top Ten March 14th 2016

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    As a new week starts, here is an update of the  ten top selling titles on Steam for the week as reported by Valve: 1.Stardew Valley2.Tom Clancy's The Division3.Far Cry Primal4.Tom Clancy's The Div...

Steam Weekly Top Ten March 14th 2016

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm... what ist Stardew Valley?!

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Lol, exactly what i was thinking.

Not a common genre then.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Farming is actually a relatively big sub-genre. Harvest Moon comes to mind straight away. Good for them.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It looks like a SNES game.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Admit it folks we only check this out each week to see if CS GO has finally fallen out of the top 10. Close call this week at number 9.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe true... GS:GO has it's lowest rank in how long I can remember I think.

Yeah, Stardew Valley, SNES graphics farming simulator... I guess it was a weak seeling week for steam.

8. Wavy

Wavy Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4Gb
    What is surprising to me is, for the first time in a while we do not see GTAV up there somewhere in the list, which reminds me that holy cow they kept selling in top 10 on steam until today!
    And who said making games on PC yields no profit O_O

9. Awfully judgy aren't we? It probably has more interesting gameplay than The Division.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    At least you can't fall through the levels XD

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It seems there is something called gameplay under the graphics (or lack of them) in this game.

Other games can't say the same. :nerd:

12. Videogames are about gameplay now?! Surely you jest! Who cares about gameplay when your average top guru3d poster pays thousands of dollars for graphics cards to bench games they never play or to show off how little their 980 SLI setup stutters in Far Cry Primal.

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Stardew Valley has sold over 425,000 copies as of the beginning of last week. Why I can't fathom, but it is doing very well (all developed by 1 guy too).

14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Funny how you say Far Cry Primal when it has about the same rehashed copy paste with very slight "thematic" difference gameplay as the previous two games.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Sometimes as PC gamers we are lucky to avoid console games who are empty cinematic marvels like "The order 1866" and sometimes we can't..."Ryse: Son of Rome".

IMHO gameplay should be the most important factor in any game and graphics should be more or less a secondary matter depending on the game genre.

I think it's not mandatory to have lip dialogues in sync and advanced facial graphics in a farming simulator.

:D

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Yeah okay. Keep telling yourself that.

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    The crafting system is the same.
    Hunt this sh*t to craft this sh*t to equip more sh*t.
    Gathering crafting materials is literally the same since Far Cry 3.
    The stealth system is the same.
    The outpost system from Far Cry 3 basically just got changed into a fitting pre-historic theme.
    The bow dynamic is literally copy-pasted with a different skin.
    Traveling is exactly the same with the exception of beast riding. (Think replacing cars with beasts.)
    Skill tree system is literally the same, one tree for stealth and striking and the other for endurance and toughness. (AKA stealth VS guns blazing)

Its literally the same sh*t just with a different theme to it.

Aside from being close to copy-pasted garbage the melee system is pretty bad with close to early-access animations. The spear animation is just awful and the rest of the melee weapons aren't better.

Totalbiscuit himself said himself he was just asking himself why he wasn't playing far cry 4 half an hour in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVp0x_eaMVs

I don't wanna ruin the game for you if you're having fun with it but its basically typical Ubisoft stuff, progressively making games worse but this time they made it less noticeable.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  18. FC Primal is a terrible game gameplay-wise and horribly unoptimized on top. Carry on...

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've always been under the impression that when it comes to a sequel, more of the same in a new setting and with better graphics is what most people want.

Originality is what new IP's are for, not for a sequel and this pretty much applies to movies and games.

As for Stardew Valley, can't say gameplay wise it interests me in the slightest. Reminds me of Farmville.

20. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Sure I'd say the same. But Primal hasn't changed or made the core aspects any better. A good example of improving upon already made aspects is the transition from Fallout 3 to Fallout New Vegas.

Weapon selection is even less and dumbed down, crafting is literally the same or less as per progression and technically the same graphics as FC4 just in a different colour. It didn't really improve. (Besides spamming so much foliage&shadows that even youtube's 1080p bitrate makes it look like 240p lololololol.)

The only thing different is story and the pets. I was gonna include map but even that seems to be nearly the same.