Nvidia GeForce 364.51 beta WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kosta20071, Mar 8, 2016.

1. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    DX12 is getting support in various popular engines, even the Unity engine, which is popular for indie games, is getting DX12 support

3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Guys, are you experiencing freezing for two seconds during games?

4. Has anyone tried sending a support ticket to Nvidia first? I have sent them at least 20 over the past years and they have responded to all of them. Even when I was obviously drunk.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Using DX12 is far from just "enabling in the engine". Engines will provide the option but they will also still provide the DX11 option which will be much easier to use for most developers not familiar with graphics coding. I don't expect a lot of indie devs using DX12 even if the option will be there in Unity and UE4. I also don't expect that even indie games of 2016 will run well on Fermi cards back from 2010/2011.

6. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    So far since installation, this driver is working fine. The only annoying issue for me is that the in-game osd of msi afterburner 4.2.0 no longer works. A pop-up saying "Some system components cannot be hooked right now." keeps appearing even after a complete OS reformat. This happened after installing this latest WHQL... Reverting to 362.00 fixes the issue but I prefer using the latest WHQL. Any other alternatives for in-game osd aside from evga precision(which works but can't monitor system RAM)? Thanks in advance.

7. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    This driver sucks too unless ur on 980Ti 361.91 is like 20% faster on my gtx 780 sli system. In Far Cry Primal I get 39 FPS often in open space and with 361.91 I get 48 FPS. I can feel every driver is slower than .91 after it in every game. Sidenote there are Web Downloadable 2160p tv shows now.... there is now a real reason to have a 4k monitor and yes it does look allot better than 1080p.

WTF you mean how u fit in vram GTA V at 1080p also wow u installed sweetfx dont post those screens here no one cares noob this is not show off sweetfx thread. Also I don't know if its Reshade or what but I install SweetFX in almost every game and I don't notice any performance hit but I am having problems to get it to work with NFS Rivals. Often it will work the first few times after I install a new driver but then it will quit working and give me weird errors till I remove it. Infact I install sweetfx on every game now. Game manufacturers should hire sweetfx tuning companies to make their games look better when before they release them and I wish games would stop putting fog in the maps cause it looks like crap clear sky and defined vibrant textures look way better than stock everytime. LOL i get 90+FPS in GTA V(1440p sweetfx 1,000 Times Better FINAL VERSION profile) with 780 SLI GTA is proc limited not GPU limited got a 4930K. Also at 1440p+ you dont need aliasing better to have more FPS and performance than care about things u can barely see.

I dont care that drivers are released so fast I just think if you are gonna have unified drivers that you have to tune all the cards every driver and always make them all faster(if not then just leave drivers seperate). I mean if drivers are only going to improve the last 2 generations and u are gonna release a new driver that makes old gen 3 back worse performance I at least want us told in the release notes what cards the driver is actually tuned for instead of leading me to believe "unified drivers" will improve on all cards when really the older cards are being overlooked(and enforce a policy that performance has to increase every driver or nothing is released best to release nothing unless you have something good to release). Maybe you should train your b driver tuning team on the older cards till they get better at it and leave you a driver tuning team tuning the last couple gen card drivers because those of us that do driver inf modding we can see the real fact is each card has a different dll setup and config and I think really they just focus on new cards and leave the old ones with the same setup but maybe some different world scale for the 980 series that when put on older 780s bogs them down(or whatever that reason is that new cards get faster and on some driver releases the older cards get slower all the sudden) cause you intentionally gimped the rops that gen cause you needed something to pull out for the next gen..................... Actually on the 7 series I knew you gimped the ROPs before the 9 series even came out. Why all the sudden you gave us a shet ton of cores(way more than any previous card release by a large margin) yet the ROPS increased very little comparatively and then boom 980 is released and you upped the ROPS and even with far less cores its still a faster card. Thats when I knew my prediction was correct. I've kept track of all of Nvidias dirty little practices. Infact they have a very detailed team that keeps track of everyone unlocking functionality of their cards they dont like(sure is amazing how these upgrades secretly come out and work immediately)(never saw anything about these on guru3d) and often within 1 to 2 driver releases they will create driver security most of you dont even know its happening to block people unlocking the cards like that when you could softmod to quadro or more recently HYPERSli.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    FordLynx07
    Hmm, MSI AB works normally here..

Is it me or is MKX motion blur less pronounced @ Maxwell then Kepler? Its like it has lower blur values.

Now I had to make few screenshots to actually see it, can barely see it in motion at all..
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

At first I thought its DSR fault and TrAA 8xSS fault, then I turned both off and its still barely visible.

Unless I make a screenshot :infinity:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Or maybe developer lowered it?
    I remember playing a bit older version with Kepler at it was sooo pronounced to the point I turned it off.

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    what games? mind to list it? the only games got this issue on my side is FIFA 2015

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Playing GTA V Steam version yesterday, after exiting steam my start menu became totally transparent.Only way to get it back to normal was to restart.Not sure if it's the driver or the new Reshade.Only started using it yesterday just before starting the game and no system theme files have been patched.

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i had a 2 fps boost in tomb raider 2013 it went from 64 tho 66fps

12. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    and i played alien asolation for more then 3 hours without problems.

13. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    I just cant play GTA 5 anymore.. i gues with a core i5 4690k and a GTX 980 it just isnt possible.?!?! the game just doesnt run normal no matter what settings i use... its bs because i literally have been playing the game since the latter part of last year on the same Fing settings up untill 2 weeks ago.

-like how does that even happen?

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Maintaining your high post standards eh? Well then Mr Poirot, seeing as you're the only hardware engineer on the planet that understands nvidia's dirty tricks, I urge you to apply for a job there.

15. What utter nonsense. You must be drunk or worse.

16. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    [​IMG]

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    [​IMG]

18. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    lol thats funny.
    and dude needs to take some chill pills :p

anywho
    i just talked for a while with a very nice lady at Nvidia support and she said that my GTX 980 in fact supports FL 12-1 and it has for a while now. i havent looked into my DXdiag in while. lol!!!- i thought the whole maxwell crowd was stuck at the most basic DX12 (or at least was going to never get true DX 12 (just a higher Feature set DX11 with a few DX12 add-ins) so that was nice to see. she said specifically that she cannot deny or confirm any future Feature levels.. she did say however, that i shouldnt have to upgrade from my GTX 980 any time in the next few years as it will handle new and upcoming games really well- this is making me freak out..- does this mean us GTX980 users might get further than FL 12_1??? she sounded really mysterious about it too.. maybe it was just me but i feel like she was trying not to divulge secrets.

and she informed me about a tool i have absolutely never heard of until now, in response to the fact that i have driver issues with GTA 5. its called DDU. sounds pretty nice, but isnt there CCleaner or an Nvidia tool for that somewhere (i thought there was one a while back that was hosted here on Guru3d.com)

is DDU any good, and if so how does it stack up against the others?

also i wonder if Reference Nvidia GTX 980s will have advantageous benefits over other third party Vendor cards when it comes to DX12 utilization.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No. FL12_1 is the most Maxwell 2 can support. And I doubt that even Pascal will go higher.