AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Witcher 3 Is smoother for me, so far so good!

2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well i discover something that they didn't post on the changelog.

All the drivers that amd created with the Framerate control, always had a bug which was, you set the framerate cap to 60, and the game would be like 58/59/57FPS hovering around this..
    I use to play CS:GO, i had a cap there for 120FPS, but in the reality the game was like 117/118FPS cap XD

I reported this countless times, because if you activate Vsync Double buffer with their 60FPS cap, the game would go to 30/60FPS all the time, and the frametimes from 33.3ms to 16.6m millions of times per second, the frametime graph on the MSI AB would look like a kid painting a wall up to down with green XD

Yesterday i had the 16.3 drivers, and i was about to go play CS:GO, when i turn on MSI AB Overlay i see there a perfect 120FPS XD

i was testing a little bit more and i can confirm that the framerate limiter of AMD finally works exactly like RTSS :D

The new problem is, all the custom profiles that you add to Radeon software, you can change the framerate cap, but it seems to not work, while on profiles that the radeon pro automatically detects, it works, problem is, radeon software only detected 2 games of 10 games that i have installed on steam.

I already reported this yesterday :D

3. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Can you change it on the fly and does it still need exclusive fullscreen to work though? ;)

4. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Has anyone noticed that CF appears to be enabled Globally and cannot be disabled under the game specific profile, even when it is set to 'Disabled'?

I've tried this with several profiles and does nothing. I don't want to disable CF in general as i'll need to keep re-enabling this when switching between most games. :bang:

Submitted Error Report

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why you even cap the fps on csgo?
    you need to have as many fps as you can.
    i am around 250-300.

6. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Yeah, I noticed that too, because setting it to 60FPS disabled FreeSync, while setting it to 59FPS locks it to a perfect 59FPS with working FreeSync.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    CS:Go was just for the test porpose, since its almost the only game profile that was automatically added.

But in case you are wondering, i barely go futher than 120FPS, and for me its good enough.

I have friends, a lot of them that are legendary eagle and master guardians, all of them plays at 300FPS or close to it, there was a guy that found a way to unlock the 300fps lock and haves something above.
    And in the end of the day, we go casual sometimes and they still lose against me at 120FPs or 60FPs you name it. XD
    My way of play is not frag hunting, my aim is horrible dispite any framerate that i have, 200fps 120fps or 60fps so snipers in my hands are the worse thing i can have
    altough I am good with tactics only, if there is a smart guy on the team its me, and dispite CS:GO being a aim game.
    There are plenty of people that are actually very good with their aim, but then they are dumb as ****, and that kills them most of the times.

8. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    It has always been like this, setting CF to disabled in game profiles will just prevent the second card from doing any rendering and prevent possible negative scaling; the second card will still wake up from ULPS sleep and any game that explicitly needs CF to be disabled due to bugs caused by CF (e.g. Xcom - Enemy Unknown has a now-2-year-old bug in which the cover indicators will disappear in a Crossfire setup, or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic does not even launch in a Crossfire setup) will still have that bug even if CF is disabled in the profile for that game. The only solution in such cases is to disable CF globally.

P.S. I have reported this twice already; it cannot possibly be so hard for AMD to emulate a single-card machine when CF is set to disabled in the game profile, and forward all requests from the game to the master card...

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know this is brute force but at least the GPU is still on the pci-e slot:

I guess it's still possible to play these games properly disabling the second GPU (or even more) in device manager.

Maybe a bat file using devcon.exe could automatize enable/disable of additional GPUs.

10. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    i'm seriously disappointend in how the Crimson drivers are getting more and more unstable after each release. We are gaining a lot of performance improvement but we are experiencing a lot of issue with the Control Panel (Crimson), such a vsr to enable at each reboot, Cnext.exe crash, problem with crossfire, and games crashing like Batman AK with the latest video driver. I'm with amd, i like their hardware and i liked the way they worked on catalyst, but i'm not a patient guy, i want at least a stable release, i want to play my game, without worrying about the games i can't play with a particular driver (Trials evo/fusion with Catalyst), games who crash with a particular driver (Batman AK with Crimson 16.3), etc.
    I'm a pc user, i don't want a console-like experience (with no drivers to install and stuff...), i want to play games, not driver settings, but in the last period what i'm doing frequently is to make "frankendriver" installations...

11. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Aww i just got my first one of those. Happened when opening the display --> additional settings.

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Is anyone experiencing (more) screen tearing (than usual) with these drivers?

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I tweaked my ram a bit, and...

[​IMG]

Holy ****! :banana:

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Compared to...?

:)

15. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    what do you mean by "tweaked" ?
    overclocked ? reduced timings ?

or did you apply non-oc tweaks? which?

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    9200 something

I tightened the timings from 9-9-9-24-128-2T to 9-9-8-20-116-1T.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  18. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    So.. you saying its worth to oc ram for performance boost? anything to do with dynamic vram?

Or i completely miss the point? :infinity:

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I believe that RAM speeds matter more and more. I basically tweaked timings, since my RAM won't be stable at 1866 no matter what. And I saw an almost 5% performance increase, just by that. The raise in lower framerates is actually noticeable in Dying Light, which is the same game I've played a bit since trying this.

20. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe