RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. neno

neno Guest

GPU:
    R7 260X / 2G GDDR5
    I get ready but the forum says I need at least 15 post to send you a PM.
    What's your email?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Post it here then edit it out.

3. neno

neno Guest

GPU:
    R7 260X / 2G GDDR5
    xxx
    aaa
    bbb

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 1.0.14a

Code:
    - 1.0.14a [09/03/2016] 

Restored previous changes to values detection.

5. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    RX 5600XT
    Hey guys, where I can turn this stupid "power efficiency" option in Radeom Mod?
    AMD puts it and I can not turn off, I have a powerful SUPER system, now I have to use "power efficiency" ¬¬

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I don't think there's an easy way to do it for none 300/Fury GPU's using the feature they just added.

You could try Tweaks -> Crimson Power Saving. Toggle that off.

7. neno

neno Guest

GPU:
    R7 260X / 2G GDDR5
    So, 1.0.14a is just a restore, and I should wait to see if you can find a solution.
    OK.
    I will keep attention on your thread~
    :)

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm not actively working on it at the moment as it's a little bit too much work.
    It would be easier if you updated to Windows 7+ :p

9. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    RX 5600XT
    ok, I'll try it

10. Olissipo

Olissipo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870
    I have a problem with my GPU that I got around to by disabling AA on Catalyst, and for some reason Crimson lacks that option (2x and up).

Altered the AA settings on Catalyst back and forth while checking RadeonMod to see what values were changing and applied them after updating to Crimson. Problem fixed!

For the record, the values are 0x3200 for AntiAlias and 0x30000000 for AAF.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm late to the party, but if anyone knows, because I can't find it:

What do the DX9 tweaks do? Which settings are getting enabled? Thanks!

12. bottlefedchaney

bottlefedchaney New Member

GPU:
    R9 390x 8G @ 1150/1625
    Great job with this love the work, props for tons of time you have put in to all this!
    Quick question/thought in all of your walkthroughs you state:

"AreaAniso_DEF"="0" ( Follow above rule eg. 0 = App. controled, 2,4,8,16 Forced Mode)
    "AnisoType"=hex:30,00 (it means is App. controled, we can lower it for FPS boost but we will have lower Image Quality: 32,00-31,36 )
    "AnisoDegree"=hex:31,00 (it means is ON and have 360 degree, i think we can lower degree for FPS boost but we will have lower Image Quality)
    "AnisoDegree_DEF"="1" (is ON combined with above option)

I have been playing around with settings since you guys released Radeon Mod and when I change AnisoDegree_DEF to what you recommend (1) it changes my AF setting to override and 2x in Radeon Settings global profile. My thought is that you mistyped the description for the setting(s).
    These are the settings I’m using along with what I’ve found after testing.

"AnisoType"=hex:31,00 (This is where I think the description you currently use for AnisoDegree belongs, Radeon Pro changes registry entry AnisoType from 0 to 1 when AF Quality settings are used.)
    "AreaAniso_DEF"=1 (This is where the description you used for AnisoDegree_DEF belongs, from my findings all over the net and my testing is that this registry value changes from 0 to 1 when HQ AF is checked in the now old CCC tray menu.)
    "AnisoDegree"=hex:30,00 (This is where the description you used for AnisoType belongs. My test concluded that this is AF control and is set as AnisoDegree_SET explains. 30,00=App controlled 32,00=2x 34,00 =4x 38,00=8x 31,36=16x)
    "AnisoDegree_DEF"= 0 (This is where the description you used for AreaAniso_DEF belongs. It is the default setting for AF: 1=2x, 2=4x, 3=8x, 4=16x Changing this setting will change your global profile to override along with applying the corresponding setting)

When I changed the settings to the values above image quality went up, frames seemed to go down slightly which is evidence that it’s working. I'm still torn about exactly what AnisoType does, a lot of nothing leading to nothing for me about the function. Some people say it is 0=Full Trilinear 1=Quality 2=Bilinear. I'm not sure, but I know that if John used it for Radeon Pro it's good enough for me.
    Please let me know if I am completely out in left field by myself in my findings here. I Will continue to test and report back findings as I find them. This project RadeonMod needs a good database of setting knowledge so it can one day be as good or better than NVInspector.

13. bottlefedchaney

bottlefedchaney New Member

GPU:
    R9 390x 8G @ 1150/1625
    I had the day off today so I spent way to long to share with others just testing different settings and here are some of my findings.

I think TFQ REG_SZ isn't added to the registry right. When there is no registry entry added and you change the global profile in Radeon Settings to high quality it adds a 30,00 value. (30,00=High 31,00=Standard 32,00=Performance)

I have the same theory about the LodAdj REG_SZ setting that is added. When RadeonPro adds this string it uses REG_BINARY values. Set load bias to -1 and it adds the 0x2D003100 hex. Change it back to 0 and 0x3000. While on the subject of mipmap settings in program and your walkthroughs you state that TextureLod=31,00 and TextureLod_DEF=1 to turn it on. Testing and past research tells me this is the mipmap quality setting. You then use the LodAdj setting to adjust your LOD bias.
    (30,00=HQ 31,00=Q 32,00=Performance) (0=HQ 1=Q 2=P). All the texture quality settings seem to follow suit to this (TFQ, CatalystAI)

Anti Aliasing has some interesting settings that I am going to further test on. My drive to do all of this testing stemmed from always wanting to get better AA quality without unmanageable FPS loss. When I was Nvidia user I loved, LOVED SGSSAA. Ironically it was found tweaking drivers much like we are, a mistake really, and is my favorite method of AA for quality. Its not as recsource heavy as SS because it doesn't re-render the entire scene. No luck on that but, quality is to be found I think, after research of course. Now the settings I have in question are AAAMethod and EQAA.

AAAMethod I can't find anything that changes this value. The definition is AdaptiveAntiAliasMethod, have not tested yet mainly because the lack of information. Why it is interesting follows.

First read this quote from a post a few years back by Bat_Zonko:
    I've tested these today and what he stated is correct, except that EQAA is not working like this from what I can tell now. If you force 2xEQ or 4xEQ etc. EQAA values are not changing, the ASTT ASD & ASE changes do according to what you have set. I may be missing something but interesting still. My gut tells me that AAAMethod ties into all of this somehow, hopefully more customizable AA methods which is always welcome. Also it would be great OnnA or Theoneofgod if we could get the ATMS settings made available through the RadeonMod app, again more options to give us.

And last I also did some FlipQueue testing as I have seen people in this thread wanting some testing. My findings were that the only setting that needs changed is the added FlipQueueSize. Leaving both Main3D options at default and using FlipQueueSize worked great. I tried 31,00 32,00 and 35,00 I recommend 32,00 for general gaming and 35,00 for benchmarking. I will probably test some more this weekend and report back. I'm determined to contribute to a knowledge base of these tweaks because it is long overdue.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thanks for posting this. I have made these changes for the next release.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 1.0.15

Code:
    - 1.0.15 [13/03/2016] 

Fixed GPU list when default GPU no longer exists.
    Fixed loading profiles. Loading "Tweaks" now works.
    Fixed workaround for Radeon Settings crash when restarting driver.

Added OpenCL version to "Driver Details".

Updated Aniso information.

16. ksio89

ksio89 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8850M@8870M
    My GPU is being detected again since build 1.0.14, and now turning on/off ULPS feature is working again, thanks a lot, man! Previously I had to reboot to reactivate ULPS, but now the GPU is being properly deactivated, as temps on SpeedFan GPU sensors read 0 ºC.

Thank you very much, my laptop battery is lasting much longer now :cheers:

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    clicking restart driver does not work and manages to break it after reboot

i get an error message saying no amd driver installed, the tweaks do work if just change them and then reboot manually

EDIT*

oddly when i run the amd install manager to remove the driver it then kick starts itself and runs normally

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  18. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Hate to ask again, but how did it go checking my profile for the Video enhancements?

Also does Crimson have the All the settings available now,
    or do you still need catalyst to disable them all?

Catalyst Video Settings 1.png
    Catalyst Video Settings 2.png
    Catalyst Video Settings 3.png

EDIT:

Did some tests, it seems that Brighter Whites is called BlueStretch.
    However RadeonMod does not affect this setting for some reason.
    The setting is set in the profiles.xml file from what i can see.
    "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\profiles.xml"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  19. MrM2016

MrM2016 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390
    Can anyone advise if this tool can be used to control the DXVA deinterlacing mode with Crimson?

I have been waiting patiently for AMD to restore this in the Crimson drivers only for them to declare advanced video controls to be descoped: community.amd.com/thread/197434 (sorry can't post a full link in my first post).

I have had a look but the registry values appear blank and I'm unsure if they work and what the parameters would be. Some years ago I used a registry value for it but I thought the controls had subsequently been move entirely out of the registry.

My preferred setting is Vector Adaptive.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm still on Crimson so I haven't tested this yet. Which settings are enabled by default for you?