AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Power saving toggle will disappear a la "Impossible Mission" (classic TV show): "This feature will auto-destruct in : 5,4,3,2,1,puffff"

:D

2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Doto, windowed, clock fixed at 1101, 0 up and downs.
    [​IMG]

Relax.

3. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Well played, AMD. *WINK*

4. Tronman

Tronman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Because the release notes don't mention it and I wouldn't put it past them to arbitrarily exclude some cards ala VSR fiasco:

EDIT: And what do you know.. looks like people in this thread with 290s don't have the option. :infinity:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Anybody else with CF lost the pre defined CF-profile tab?

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Did the driver do the whole power thing for the 290/x too? I kinda had the impression that it was a 300 series thing.

Also Gears Ultimate was apparently running fine on GCN 1.0. At least that's what the Extremetech article I read about it was saying.

7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    When running firestrike without msi afterburner i get a graphics score of 11500. When running it with msi afterburner of course without overclocking, i get a score of 12200. Test it multiple of times after restart, reboot, and it only started with the crimson driver.

Reverting back to 16.1.1, can't stand the stutter with just cause 3 and the 5 fps on avg lost.

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Have you left it open with no profiles applied, and checked for clock fluctuation? How do your clocks behave when you do the PCIe bandwidth test on GPU-Z?

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    They wont install for me. Even with DDU wipe. 16.3 just sits and sits on analyzing system.
    First driver I am having issues with installing.

10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    The clocks on gpu z show max during the benching, but the results are different with msi after burner without any overclock profiles. With overclocking i get 13215 gpu score. It just feels odd to me.

So to recap;

Benching firestrike gives me ~11500 gpu score with no msi afterburner in the back ground.

Benching with msi afterburner just running in the back ground and without any overclocking or any powerlimit hands me ~12200 gpu score.

Clocks don't jump around, but the phenomena is only present with the crimson driver.

11. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    Mine only finds Dirt Rally, last driver the page was full of games now only that one game listed :frown:

12. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    My god, I didn't think AMD could get any worse. I also don't have that option. First they removed the "use crossfire for games without a profile" option (still no ESO or Anno CrossFire with 16.3) and now they remove this option also.

Is AMD silently killing off CrossFire or what?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  13. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    This might not be as far fetched as you might think.

Had the same thought myself.

Switchable Graphics devices use profiles to make the dGPU work properly with some games much like Crossfire profiles.

Windows 10 with Directx12 is supposed to make profiles a thing of the past from what I understand.

Them leaving Crossfire and switchable graphics settings in the CCClite portion might be another indication that there is no plan to transfer this to the new CCCnext.

Could be totally wrong.

14. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Power efficiency is bugged on amd 7970 , only on .

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I had this with the first couple Crimson releases. It was trying to get something from the internet. Disable all your network adapters, it will install in a second.

That's really weird. Try to keep a .csv with GPU-Z, with the 0.1sec sampling time, and run Firestrike. Save another .csv with the same settings but with Afterburner open while Firestrike is running. Extrapolate the date on two charts in Excel and check for the clock fluctuations. If you don't want to, can do it, just send me the raw .csv data from the two passes and we can check the behavior of your clocks.

PS: I'm uploading the DLL now, and I've noticed that this driver, like the other Vulkan releases, has a LOT less DX9 and DX10-12 code in it. Like a fully compressed zip 2MB less. It also has 4MB extra on the OpenGL/Vulkan portion (which is expected). The DX differences are quite surprising actually. Since I don't believe they are removing profiles, it seems like there is some kind of cleaning operation going on for the driver. It might even be connected with the coding standards they have to keep in order to submit driver code to the Linux kernel, since their last amdgpu driver submission was rejected for that reason.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can turn it off but it comes back on by itself.

[​IMG]

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Undying, can you please export your registry (using RadeonMod) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} and link it here.

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    For me it appeared only once, and then nothing. I noticed no difference in clocks. Firestrike is still a bit higher (!!!), and the overhead tests have been the fastest I've ever seen in DX11ST and DX12. As I was writing this, the Power Efficiency toggle appeared, it seemed set to "On". I clicked 2-3 times on it, and it disappeared again :p

Here are my registry settings, extracted via RadeonMod. At the time of the extraction the toggle had disappeared.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Could be a power saving feature that disables the power saving toggle to increase power saving.

AMD effort to save power is epic.
    :idea:

20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just use radeonMOD to turn off power efficiency on my R9295x2 as the setting is not here for me either in CCC, lmfao could we actually expect amd to get anything right, and no crossfire division fix.

it says support for 300/Fury cards so i wasnt expecting the setting for my card but OMG there so lazy if the fix works for us via radeonMOD then how hard is it to add a toggle for use guy as well...

then again even the crossfire setting appeared in the old ccc but when you press on it it vanishes HAHAHAH dam there pretty crap at coding.