980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Good choice.

Now where is Witcher29...?

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They were ok here, seems they're the most sensitive by HDMI or dual monitor setup. 364.51 fixed those issues.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got a question for ya :)

Did you notice that the FPS suddenly would drop by 20-25 and stay there for a while then pop back up again? Also, do you use normal V-sync or V-sync (Smooth)?

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I am using vsync, no massive drops in primal lowest fps drop if seen is 40 to 45 and thats in the beginning of the game in that village.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Can't make up my mind between FC Primal and The Division, both seem interesting. How's Primal for a single-player experience?

Also I have Fallout 4, GTA V and MGS: 5 waiting on my wishlist, along with 30 other items.

I might buy expensive hardware (980 Ti) almost out of impulse but I usually spend months waiting for sales on games... well, guess you gotta save somewhere.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe I should ask, what resolution and Graphical preset are you using? :)

I would go for both, you DON'T want to miss The Division. Even if there probably wont be much else than PvP in the end, it's still a good amount of awesome hours you're looking into. Primal is also a good game which unfortunately gets old very quickly. I'm personally just trying to do the story and not run around unlocking everything so that I don't get fed up and not finish the game (which is typical me).

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    ^ Ouff, that's a tough one but the one that got my attention the most is definitely The Division because I just adore the craftmanship and the realism. Almost feels like you're in the game walking around the streets. Sure, this game is not perfect but well, that's how I feel about it right now.

If you're looking at value for money then it must be GTAV and after that Fallout 4. GTAV also looks great but not as good as the Division.

I've barely touched FO4 but graphics wise it's a disappointment. World feels pretty vast and cool though but I've heard that the story is bland and choosing dialogue options dont matter at all.

Primal is FC...just in another costume. You'll recognise everything which can be a good thing if you're just into taming some animals, shooting some arrows and just have an effortless, good time.

I own MGS V but haven't played it.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Ultra without FXAA makes game to blurry, and DSR up to 1440p.

I recently switched back to full HD [1080p] i get to much jaggies with DSR.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What smoothness you running at?

Nice article AsiJu, 6700k seems best after all.

Gotta wait for Skylake-E though.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    0% Deathchild i like the crispynis.

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    0% of course "too much jaggies" dude. I found 16% to be a good balance between smoothness and crispiness, try it out.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Any of you guys playing/played CoD:AW SP campaign?

The game isn't really that taxing even maxed out but it keeps stuttering randomly even at 1080p without SSAA (980 Ti should be able to do SSAA and/or DSR no probs).
    Very annoying. The game doesn't max either CPU or GPU usage, not even close, so it's something else.

Any of you had the same and if did you find a workaround?

EDIT: probably it's just the game, because I just realised motion blur is off in the stuttering areas so they seem to be certain parts of the game, even if the stutters are random.
    The smooth running areas have motion blur on.

Also I have clocked almost 10 hours with SP campaign and still got some levels left! That's impressive for a CoD campaign length.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Aha ok. Thing is that I got like less and less FPS the more I try out different settings but yesterday I reinstalled drivers back and forth and after installing the .51 hotfix I suddenly got my FPS back meaning ~80 fps just exiting my cave an overlooking the lake. Earlier I had 65 there which is pee since one GPU gives just about the same fps.

I thought you had a 1440p monitor.

Yes, I played that campaign but with 970SLI at that time. I remember they fixed it good with a decent profile but I don't remember the settings unfortunately. I'm sure I dont remember any stuttering but some areas did have FPS drops (very short ones though).

I wish they'd sell the BLOPS3 campaign w/o MP.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure if I mentioned this but I think I finally found a good setup for the chassis fans. The cards dont throttle any more but stay at 1329MHz.

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    what's the orientation you used with the fans, if you don't mind me asking ,,, i'm getting quite high temps on my top card with a coolermaster haf x case , i have the the big side fan as extract and i can feel the hot air coming out , i have also taken the hot swap drive bay out and have a corsair af120 there now blowing onto the top card and this has helped a little but i wouldn't mind improving it more ,even if it meant somehow modding the side panel with more fans ,,, it doesn't help that the wife has the central heating on 24/7 set to nuclear , i wear shorts and a t-shirt when gaming in winter in my house lol

I've been looking at new cases and can't make up my mind as to what would be better ,, plus i've already spent a ton of money upgrading this year and didn't want to spend more atm if it isn't necessary

i don't suffer and throttling but in heavy gaming with sli my top card is 80c on the dot,, bottom card 72-75c i wouldnt mind getting it down just 5c on the top card ,,would be nice i suppose .

I defo don't want to do water cooling with the cards as i will be selling them most likely in the not to distant future . so any ideas would be nice ,or point me in the direction of a case that has better cooling and doesn't cost a load , max i would spend atm would be 130 uk pounds

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    ThermalTake Core v71 is your friend, i had the HAF X before with gtx 980 ti, my topcard went just to hot to quick, after switching to the core v71 from thermaltake i dont have such problems anymore.

19. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Ok well theres no side fan on that but i suppose that it doesn't matter as much as i thought it did , plus they look very similar layout, this is why i've been having problems looking at cases as most of them seem to be pretty much the same sort of layout .

I will take a good look at that and look for videos and thanks for your response and info/help , i always feel better once you chatted to someone that had the same problem as yourself and it's good to know that it has worked for you , so it should work for me too :) , i will put this case on the short list now at the top , did you consider the corsair air 540 cube thingie , as i've been looking at that to , damm im driving myself mad there so many cases :):) plus im now talking myself in spending more , this is all the wife's fault and her got to have the central heating on full at all times lol ..

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Good thing about that case is u can completely remove the drive bays, and on the bottom u can put 2 intake fans to blow cool air into the gpu,s :)