CSGO jittering/stuttering.. HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fliperpl, Mar 5, 2016.

1. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    Hey fellas!
    I have huge problem with CSGO and i cant handle with it.

It happends more than often. After a while playing CSGO i cant bhop (mouse feels like jerking around with inputlag) and sometimes when i see more than 2/3 people my mouse feels so bad and laggy. Its so weird. Sometimes i cant focus/aim at all because of this issue. It happends a while after joining to server. When my fps drops to below 200 my game feels like totally CRAP. Mouse movement is just not acceptable. When i have higher resolution (even with same fps) my CSGO feeling is getting worst.

My rig and story with changing and trying to fix my problem is :
    Intel dp55kg @ 210bclk - swapped from p7p55d
    Xeon x3430 @ 4.0ghz - stable 1.3v - no overhearting etc - max 65C while playing
    SilentiumPC fera1224 v1+ sanyo ACE 120mm 1300rpm
    2x4gb Goodram DDR3 1260mhz cl9 - for some reason my pc is not booting at 1600mhz@200bclk (prob memory controller issue with p55 chipset) - swapped from 2x2gb ddr3 a-data cl9
    ocz sxs2 600w - i borrowed ocz modXstream 550w - no change
    HD7950 3GB sapphire vaporx - swapped from GTX660 - no change. Max 65C while playing
    Seagate 7200.12 500gb - smart is good,no errors and no unstable/broken sectors
    creative xifi music + pax drivers - i did try to play without this card mounted - no change
    acer g245hq @ 75hz without frame drops (playing csgo at 4:3 so whatever)
    brutus 410 + 3x 120mms
    windows 10 th2 64bit always updated with a lot of tweaks. Gaming and mouse intels guide, disabled whole cortana and used all possible programs to delete tracking and useless services
    same issues with windows 7 and 8.1.

I was at a friend house with my PC. I tryed his fresh AOC 23'' 75hz monitor connect to my PC. No change. At his modern PC (gtx970 i5 4690k 256gb ssd etc) game feels 10x better

Comodo Internet security premium antyvirus

msi afterburner for GPU fans controll

timer resolution fix

vibrancegui

updated microsoft C++ things etc

AMD16.2 hotfix drivers.

Intel RST(e) v12.9.4.1000 WHQL following winraid.com guide

lastest chipset drivers for p55

hdd defragmented by auslogic discdefrag

windows cleaned by ccleaner/glary utilites

changed mouse 4 times = roccat kone pure military -> zowie fk1 -> a4tech AL90 and now Asus ROG SICA (i was searching for my grip mouse,but also tested csgo feeling)

overclock is stable, used occt and aida64 extreme stress test for 5h hours. No bsods, no other problems with games. Only one questionable thing is in game path of exile. Without shadows i have 120-300fps but with LOW shadows i cant handle stable 60fps / ***
    without overclock i have same problems.

Is changing my Motherboard and CPU to sometimething newer like z77/p67 i5 2400 can fix my problem? I dont need better performance,fps are quite good (mostly 200+) Just normal feeling..

help. I am fighting with it for couple months and cant find solution

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    You try without that antivirus/internet suite uninstalled. Maybe even try Windows 7, although it shouldn't matter. The timer resolution fix I don't think does anything under Windows 10, could be wrong though.

3. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    no diffrence. I made a video that shows how much fps is droping after playing a while - starting with mostly 200+ and then it drops to even -100 and holding max ~150 with this drops mouse feels less responsively with kind of inputlag and jittering.. I am so mad.

https://youtu.be/g1QrWsdtXCo

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try a 100% clean install of Windows, and do NOT make any changes to it like timer resolution fix, do not install any 3rd party programs to it like vibrancegui

Reset and set up your BIOS again properly tooLeave it 100% stock, with just drivers and that game, no overclock either

If it still happens, it's hardware

5. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Probably driver issue, tried previous drivers for AMD?

6. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    i had same problems with 16.1 and 16.1.1 drivers.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Does this lag occur if you play offline with bots?

If you get less FPS after playing a while, it could also easily be rising hardware temperatures.
    It could also be caused by memory swapping, make sure you have free memory left when playing cs:go.
    Monitor your hardware temperatures (CPU/GPU) and free memory, when playing game.

8. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    looking like game is working a little bit better with 15.2 crimson drivers,but its still not like it should.. I have 4096-8192 swapped memory.
    Temps are fine as i told u. Max 60-65C while playing,motherboard is not reaching 50

when i am playing offline with bots it feels worst than ever and "var" value is jumping like crazy.

The problem occurs when i see alot of people. When i have smth like 1vs1 its fine,but when i see 2/3 people i just cant move my mouse fast as i should (at least i cant see that)

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sorry I missed temperature part.

Vars are going crazy probably cause you hosting the game.
    If it getting worse with bots, I'd start question CPU.
    Source Engine is CPU demanding, the more players you have, the more proccesses have to be done on client side.

Monitor your CPU usage during gaming and see if any cores hit >95%.

Try applying some settings for game and mess with console.
    1) Try this for cs:go launch option
    Code:
    -novid -console -high -threads 4 -freq 75
    It disables intro video, enables console, set cs:go proccess in high priority, forces game to use 4 core threads and forces monitor to run at 75hz (if you play in full screen (which you should do)).

2) In game, you want to stabilize your frames, so I suggest to limit frames.
    Type "fps_max 76" in console to match frames with your monitor refresh rate.
    If it doesn't feel smooth, set to higher value, but I don't think you need more than 114 with your monitor. Also try lowering video settings to medium/low for maximum stabilization.

Good luck!

10. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    tested alot of tweaking settings. My current are :
    Code:
    -tickrate 128 -high -nojoy -freq 75 -novid +exec autoexec.cfg -language english -nod3d9ex -noaafonts -threads 4 +mat_queue_mode 2
    any cores are not hitting 95%. They are not reaching even 70%
    with fps_max 76 works still bad.

i have everything LOW except AA x4 and Ani x16 - it doesnt make worst perfomance but even better with good looking game! Same issue with turned off.

I am going to try 114fps -
    same problem. When i see more than 2/3 people my mouse feeling is just slowing down when fps are not dropping.

And i see one more thing. At 64tick MM servers my game works better than 128tick.
    At 64tick my moues sometimes doesnt feel properly,but at 128tick it feels bad mostly times

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Do you play on 128 tickrate servers?
    I'd suggest to remove tickrate from launch options, and execute script when playing on 128 tick servers.
    cl_cmdrate 128; cl_updaterate 128; cl_interp 0; rate 128000;

Default valve official servers are 64 tick, so you might want keep default client sttings for it.

12. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    -tickrate 128 is for offline mode. When u are warmuping bots u have 128tick instead of 64
    when playing on MM servers it automaticly blocking rates to default and i have not higher.

but anyway what is the diffrence when game feels better at MM servers?

13. rui cunha

rui cunha Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Try disabling vertical sync, that happens to me on Project cars, fps drop from 100 to 30.

14. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    ofc i dont have vsync on. Its nightmare for csgo.

Now i am trying to install fresh windows 7,lets see what will happend

15. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    should i install chipset drivers or not?
    And if yes,which one for p55 chipset?
    and which one for AMD? 15.2? 16.2?

installed fresh windows 7 without chipset and 15.2 drivers.

Looks like game works good, but it also might be fresh windows "placebo" :\

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

16. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You sure it because of new system? Or cause your CS:GO settings got back to default?

17. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Remove -high , -threads 4 and +mat_queue_mode 2, there is no "magic" performance increase that will be solved by these settings, and it just might cause more harm then good.

From experience, running any HTML5, flash or other kind of videos or other in the backround will have a negative impact on the performance on CSGO. When running twitch on my secondary monitor when playing CSGO, i will experience stuttering and input lag as well as reduced FPS. After closing the twitch window.. butter smooth gameplay.

18. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC

copied mine old autoexec and using it. I have old settings.

done. I had nothing open in the background.

I think the "magic" is on the fresh system without high amount of stuff installed.

DPC latency in idle is about 10-25

As far i remember CSGO was working well for some time everytime when i reinstalled system

Now fps are more stable. Even at DMing 16slots i have mostly 230fps+ but its still have drops to even 130 when i see more than 2/3 people in one place (sometimes when people is shooting i feel some fps drops) and my mouse doesnt responsive like it should (at least i think)

overall gameplay is better,but its still not working like it should in some places.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  19. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
  20. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC