RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Well i currently have 15.11.1 cause i didn't really.
    Crimson with Catalyst was kinda a mess.

The thing i would love is if RadeonMod could have, if possible, something like.
    "Disable all Video Processing".
    Cause i hate it that i have to disable them all the time,
    i have forgotten som many time, especially the damn "Brighter Whites".

But as far as my research yielded i could find nothing in the registry that was "Brighter Whites", no idea if it's some kind of software only with a setting in some kind of file or whatnot.

2. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    hi i get a special request or maybe need advice !!
    my screen edid is fail i run one res only 640*480 but with older 15.11.1 i can force full hd res and than catalyst keep it
    but with new one 16 custom res dont keep it hd mode after restart even radeonmod add custom res but dont affect so my question any tweak or reg keys to force that res and when add custom res from catalyst it work need do it every restart
    maybe i give you res +timing and make a reg file for me than i adjust the reg for my pc entry kind manual custom res key tnx

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. xcr89

xcr89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 Ti FE
    Hello i was wondering if you could implement similar to this there is a game released recently named Blade & Soul there is alot of issues with this game not utilising you gpu enough and doesnt use multiple cores on your cpu and putting all load or most of it on the cpu, so the fps are pretty terrible in certain areas and after x amount of time playing, the fps drop is pretty huge aswell for no reason at all just look in different directions or as i stated above in crowded areas.

Now there is a optimization fix for the nvidia by using nvidia inspector and following thoese steps, i was wondering if you could implement the same tweak to amd cards somehow or a guide that explain what stuff to disable etc to get the same values as the nvidia profile down below but on amd cards ofcourse, i would greatly preciate it if someone could manage this out.

This game is also based on UE3/Unreal Engine 3, if that is for any help.

i'm reffering to the reddit thread below
    reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/42y25u/blade_and_soul_optimization_guide_needs/

1. Download nvidia inspector, guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
    2. Open it and click the tool icon next to the driver version
    3. Locate Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in the profile selection
    4. Click the "add application to current profile" icon
    5. Locate the Blade and Soul client.exe located in Ncsoft/BnS/bin - this will be wherever you installed it at.
    6. IMPORTANT: Make sure to select "Application absolute path" above the open/cancel buttons when you select the client.exe
    7. Hit Apply Changes
    8. Scroll down to the Other section of the settings and find "Shim Rendering Mode Options per application for Optimus" and change it to "SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE" and Apply Changes again.
    9. Open your Nvidia control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings
    10. Click the Program Settings tab and then hit add
    11. Click browse and go to where you installed BnS and find the client.exe file in the Ncsoft/BnS/bin directory
    12. After selecting the client.exe the profile should be named Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn but have the BnS icon next to the name.
    13. Go back to Nvidia inspector and under Compatibility find SLI compatibility bits (NOT the DX1x one) and change it to: 0x03402405 (Blade & Soul (China), Blade & Soul (Korea))
    14. Now under Other find Memory Allocation Policy and change it to "WKS_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_PRE_ALLOCATION"
    Note: This forces your windows theme to switch to basic rather than Aero.
    15. Under Antialiasing change Antialiasing - Behavior Flags to "None"
    16. Hit Apply Changes and you should be good to go.

You can download nvidia inspector and use the profile to check what values that is changed in that so called "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" but i dont have any clue how to compare it or use thoese values on a amd card that's why im here asking for help.

Reggards !

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  4. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    What happened to the Flip Queue research?

Been playing around myself, i can't say i notice any mouse lag difference in the games i tried (which is very few).

I do notice that Flip Queue reduces my Frame Rate by some amount (at least when it's over 100s).

But Flip Queue 2 and over doesn't seem to do anything otherwise the my limited tests.

5. xeltic

xeltic Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280x
    Its very hard to notice unless you are very cognitively aware, FQS from 3-0 makes muscle memory more accurate, tested it first hand multiple times etc. The changes to the gpu to monitor delay is more a curious subject. I did really well with 7500 but I have no idea what this really does

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  6. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    But how come Vsync is super noticable, shouldn't Vsync be 16ms inputlag at 60fps?
    Which in turn would mean FQS 2 is also 16ms, and FQS 3 is 32ms?

But then again, you only seem to get input lag if you either frame limit or Vsync.
    Which is weird cause if i get 40fps by GPU usage limit, input is fine.
    But if i frame limit to 40fps the input lag is sky high.
    Guess it's cause any frame limit causes a sleep which means it doesn't do anything during those moments.

EDIT:

Or not, compared frame limit by AMDs Drivers which produced those results.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    My shader cache option in crimson doesn't stick. (Enabled via RadeonMod)

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What have you set it to in RadeonMod and what does Radeon Settings show?

9. NeilV

NeilV Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7870 LE
    XFX 7870 LE Question

Hi all,
    I'm having problems with a recently purchased, used XFX7870. I have tried about 6 different drivers but IF they install (13.9 refuses to!) I get a terrible corruption of my desktop. It flickers stuff up in places and is worse when I move the mouse. I have found that if I play a demanding game like Arkham Origins, it performs fine. Also if i watch a video (YouTube or something stored on my PC) the screen clears up and everything looks good but less demanding games like CIV 5, Minecraft etc don't make the card work hard enough. At rest my Core clock is 300Mhz but I've noticed that 500Mhz seems to be enough to get rid of the problem.

I think ClockBlocker is designed in a way that will help me solve this problem but I'm not sure if it would work with a card this old, an OS this old (Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate) and which drivers I would need to install for it to function.

Could anyone help please?:confused:

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thats Becouse you Set Always ON.
    When you set Default then will be visioble as AMD Optimised.

When Always ON, you have to enter into Game Profile and then Set: ON/OFF/Default

:)

11. mystik

mystik Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    just wanted to chime in on this,
    i don't seem to have any issues with the game under-utilising either my GPU or my CPU.

though, i'm not very far into the game itself, but finding the busiest area and doing some
    quick tests, my GPU was always pegged at 100% and all 8 threads on my CPU were being
    used -- not at 100%, of course, but it did peak around 40% CPU usage.

i haven't noticed any FPS dips -- let's say below 50fps, which seems to be where i start
    noticing that it's not "smooth" any longer because i don't actually have any OSD up.

this was just about half-hour of testing and roaming around and fighting.

edit::
    also reading that reddit thread, it seems most AMD users don't have any issues with the
    game's performance (except for someone who's complaining with a 7770) and that "fix"
    for nvidia came with mixed results.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  12. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Sorry for delay to reply.
    Yea, Global settings is set to AMD Optimised.
    A custom game profile if i set to Always On it revert to AMD Optimised if i reboot the machine.
    And my game profile only become Activated if i change anything inside after every reboot.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Set it to 0x3200 in RadeonMod to enable it for all supported applications. AMD Optimized means not many applications will make use of it.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 1.0.13

Code:
    - 1.0.13 [06/03/2016] 

Added Crimson Power Saving to "Tweaks". Toggle off to prevent GPU downclocking.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Tested,works fine!

:thumbup:

The new RadeonMod option adds the reg key solution one in OS registry:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/477ot0/how_to_fix_fury_x_clock_throttling_on_radeon/

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sweet works on my 295x2 ;) with the latest crimson.
    gpu shows 1150/ both GPUS and only gpu usage goes up and down like normal :D

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    wow thank you very much!!!

18. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    It seems you make good use of the number pad, that's great for efficiency.

*hint hint*, it's not June, it's March!
    ;)

19. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    You are my hero man.
    Thanks for the good work.
    Regards.

20. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Asked this before, but would it be possible for a tweak to disable All Video Enhancement things?
    Cause i hate that stuff, and in Crimson it's a pain to disable as they can re-enable, and you have to use Catalyst still.
    Then again i don't use Crimson cause i get weird freezes with DXVA ;P