Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC DirectX 12 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't see glitches adding fuel to any fire.
    They've already released one update, and have said they are working on others.

Nothing about being on the Win10 Store or being an App stops it from getting patches and fixes.
    And hell, plenty of games get released on Steam, Origin and UPlay with bugs, glitches and problems.

Being released on Steam didn't help Batman: Arkham Knight of Aliens: Colonial Marines. ;)
    Bug will happen. No matter what platform, no matter how well polished the game is. The PC platform has far too many variables to ever make the statement that a game will run perfectly on every system when it's released.

2. deets75

deets75 Guest

yep I agree :) more games are only a good thing. heck is not as if win10 cost a penny to upgrade.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The forced vsync thing, exclusive Fullscreen... is annoying. It doesn't recognize GeForce Experience... so no Shadowplay to record.

SLI... while annoying to some, it's not surprising, as in general overall support for SLI and Crossfire seems like it's falling off more and more with each new release.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    People like you would rather suppress this knowledge. Damien makes an honest post and you jump to conclusions. Face-palm.

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

what.

this was explained a few posts up....

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    GoW doesnt start anymore :/

When i click on Open Button in the Store nothing happens.

Damn, i've played for 3 hours last night without any problem and now it wont start! I've change nothing in the meanwhile on my PC. Any Solution?

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You really believe that clickbait website? Here's the door and kindly GTFO.
    Latching on to Gameworks like a scapegoat is just dumb.

The game only uses Software PhsyX and HBAO+. HBAO+ has been objectively proven time and time and time again to offer the SAME performance on AMD cards. Sometimes better on comparable cards.

PhsyX in Software has been running on consoles running AMD hardware for over 7 years and have never had a problem even on AMD hardware when it's not the GPU dedicated version. And the hardware accelerated PhysX has been a performance killer even way back before Nvidia even owned it
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/2393

No, it couldn't just be bad optimization or an implementation bug that somehow passed through, or other things like the fact that UWP and DX12 are still new and not fully matured yet. Among many other things. It's not like the game hasn't been shown to run poorly on Nvidia hardware too.

Sheep are almost more cancerous than the idiots who spread the misinformation bull**** that Gameworks is the root of all evil and problems for games. And bad for gamers.

When it's not, and it never will be.
    GW effects are nothing more than *EXTRA* effects on top of a developers own implementation. They are more often than not focused on Higher Fidelity effects, which are a lot more costly. (Even on Nvidia hardware) You are almost never forced to use them and Software PhysX doesn't count.
    Keep drinking that conspiracy kool-aid that places like WFCT keep putting out.

The PC version of Disgaea shipped with a broken DoF and SSAO setting and broken performance too. Does that make it Nvidia's fault by default based on the logic of WFCT?
    (The game doesn't even use GW).

The fact that any given game that has problems just so happens to have GW doesn't mean it's Nvidia's fault. Especially when it just so happens to be a bad port in general. (like GoW or Batman AK, who's problems in development have been well documented down to the original developer and the console versions)
    GW are 9/10 times completely optional and you'd have to be pretty high on drugs to be claiming that somehow, even when not even enabled and running in code are the cause of any problems other than framerate hits that are totally normal and expected for what is being used. (Like the shadow acne problems with PCSS+. But again optional!)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Windows Store doesn't have a verify app option does it? If not then it certainly needs one for these larger PC games. This game is 59 GB for example!

9. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    No, there isnt any verify option. No errors, no messages, game simply doesnt start. :3eyes:

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Finished the game.

Act 5 was the only one that gave me any issues. And that was texture streaming, the rest of the game functioned fine.
    Still had the occasional hitching, but The Coalition have already said they are working with Nvidia and AMD to get an update driver out that helps this.

May give it another go once they release their next update.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    latest Nvidia driver smoothed the crap out of this game for me

12. Mechwarrior419

Mechwarrior419 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    I was really excited about this. I was even thinking of upgrading to Windows 10.
    But the fact that the game has forced v-sync, no g-sync, forced border less window, and no SLI support has completely changed my mind. Does anyone know when or if these bugs are planned to be fixed?

I would really like to give this game a shot considering how much I loved the first one for PC. And it would definitely had given me a reason to hop on the Win 10 bandwagon now opposed to a year from now.

So if anyone knows when/if these issues will be fixed please let us know.

13. deets75

deets75 Guest

cool, I was wondering if it would help :)

you up to act 5, if so, had any issues?

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    +1..

If you're playing this game, or RotTR in DX12 mode, the 364.51 drivers are a must..

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A new patch for Gears UE is set to release next week.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice to see some progress on this. Really hope they learn from this so Quantum Break isn't a launch disaster aswell.

17. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Will this game support 2560x1440 natively? Thought I read somewhere, where the game was locked at 1920x1080.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The pre-rendered FMV cutscenes are 1080p but I am playing the game at 2560x1440 and it looks like is being rendered natively at that resolution, granted I am using FXAA (the only AA option) which can blur things a bit.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Patch is out... Windows Store is showing it as being 52.8 GB in size... hope that is not right! There again this is Microsoft so it would not surprise me one bit if every time this game is patched the entire thing has to redownloaded. :3eyes:

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I laughed so hard that that's just amazing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016