390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. neilcarlochavez

neilcarlochavez Guest

GPU:
    R9 380X
    r9 380x

can anyone help me. why is Hawaii bios editor does not support my v bios. i have a AMD R9 380X with Tonga chip.

2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    It's a Hawaii BIOS Editor for Hawaii based cards, Tonga cards are not supported.

Try to contact Oneb1t via PM, he could add support for Tonga cards.

3. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
  4. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i've done some 390x modding and now that i got a taste of what changing timings can do, i wanna do more! any other places to look? maybe change the power limits or something...

5. Altra

Altra Guest

GPU:
    XFX - R9 295x
    Hello Sirs.

I wanted to let you all know this thread is the funniest thing I've done with any kind of a GPU, evah.

Letting that aside, I own an R9 295x2, Stock cooling, and am speacially annoyed by 2 things so far.

First: VRAM Going from w/e idle clock state to maximum just by watching any kind of video. (I've seen people have been trying to make some kind of Steps from idle to Max clock, but with no results). Has anyone keep going up on this?

Second: Even at idle, the Fan for the Vrams, is noisy (I'm a picky person, if at idle or just not in games, I don't want to hear the computer at all). So I would love to get the idle fan speed to lower values than what it is (If any chance for a fan curve, that would be top.)

Thanks for the amazing thread guys, and happy new year :D.

6. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    you can set fan curve in hawaibiosreader ;)
    about 2d vram clock there is thread on amd community forums
    https://community.amd.com/message/2695283#2695283

feel free to comment
    you can now create global profile with 2d clocks and add 3d clocks only for games its complicated but it works

7. Altra

Altra Guest

GPU:
    XFX - R9 295x
    Okay, I hope the 2d clocks get fixed by AMD. As you said, I was doing the global config way, but it's not really how I would want it :p.

On the Fan side, I'm talking about an R9 295x.
    Dunno if I'm :stewpid: , but the card doesn't like the changes I'm doing.

Master Bios.
    ht tp://i66.tinypic.com/2apa3o.jpg

Slave Bios.
    ht tp://i65.tinypic.com/34sm6pl.jpg

Had to separate the http value since forum doesn't like me not having enough posts to link images. Hope's not a problem :D

That's without any kind of modification, pretty weird values imo.

Swapping the "Fan Control type" to 1, makes the card unable to boot at all.

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong (which I probably am :D).

8. gungstar

gungstar Guest

GPU:
    290dc2oc4g
    hi. in HawaiiBiosReader not visible voltage table. how enable it?

9. hodor418

hodor418 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri X OC
    Hi, I downloaded the Hawaii Bios Reader from the bin folder on Git, but it wont open. I have windows 10 x64. When opening, it says that it can run on this pc. When I try running as admin, it says that it can't find the exe????.

Thanks for the help :D

10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    cab someone take a look at R9295x2 compatibility in the lastest beta or final of the program
    as i have tried a few times doing something and when flashing the card all i get is a black screen on boot and have to revert to my previous modded firmware lol

its like the checksum is broken or something else but weirdly the program says checksum Ok... something is not right.

11. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
  12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  13. reconsiderthat

reconsiderthat Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 390
    I ran into the same issue, Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Download the source code as .zip
    2. Imported the extracted source in Visual studio community edition.
    3. Compiled and exported the .exe. :pc1:

14. fluffi444

fluffi444 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    Maybe one of you could help...
    I use sucsessfully 290X Modded Bios for my stock R9 290.
    h**p://***.overclock.net/t/1564219/modded-r9-390x-bios-for-r9-290-290x-updated-02-16-2016
    (thx @ Insan1tyOne)

I managed to adjust Fan and TDP / PowerLimit / TDC to my needs (270/270/210) to run stable 1000/1250

Now I tried to lower max temp that the card starts to throttle at 85°C but it didn't work.
    I set max. ASIC to 85 and Fan Profiles temps also to 85 (temp3/Max temp) but the card still goes over 85°C.

Is there something elso to set to limit the card to max 85°C ?

Thank you all!

15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It was possible in the old CCC's OverDriver menu. I con not seem to find it on the new Cripple.. khmmm Crimson GUI. :puke2:

Why though? The card was designed and certified by the manufacturer for 95deg. Why do you want to limit the performance and/or increase your noise level?
    In all honesty though, I have been using full cover water block for almost 10 years by now, so I wouldn't know... Although, I ran a couple of 290(X) cards as a "mining minifarm" for about a year (back in late 2013 and early 2014). I allowed them to run at constant 95deg 24/7 and I had no problems. The stock coolers ran at constant 100% speeds and performance was limited by the heath.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

16. fluffi444

fluffi444 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    Yes - same here - Maybe because of the modded Bios? With stock bios the slider is visible and useable. Even with Crimson latest drivers + Control center.
    Because I have a modded (old) Accelero Xtreme 5970 on my R9 290.
    This is very silent - even with 100% FAN - but it cannot handle the extreme temps of R9 290 completely. Therefore the limit... So it has an reason for me in particular. Running this for years now with Afterburner and idea was to get rid of all software based solution... (as most of us)

So your answer let me think there is no solution with HawaiiBiosReader?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Oh! Yes! I think I don't see that slider now because I have no fan attached (water cooling), not because the new GUI is missing that option. It makes sense because the temperature control (most of the times) would be realized by fan control but there is no fan to control...

18. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I love these bioses Insan1tyOne/gupsterg did, using them for a couple of weeks. Tried Stilt ones too, but for some reason I got 4 monitors (instead of 2), constantly changing places all around and the temps were 7-8 degrees higher on same frequency. With this 390 it is golden, quiet and problem free card with much better fan curves compared to default PCS+ bios that was getting loud if you run even solitaire. I only wish there were some "preclocked" versions like Stilt's but not a biggie, thanks guys!

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Advanced Fan control in BIOS, and then set Target temperature to 85 C in Crimson <- thats it.

Janos is telling you that you can run your 290 at 90+C if you want.
    It's ugly, its not particularly healthy, but it shouldnt kill your card per se.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I am trying to emulate Stryx/Gaming 0dB/ZeroFrozr "technology".
    Which simply stops the fan spinning under normal 2D desktop use.

So I've set min fan speed to zero in BIOS, and while Crimson and GPU-Z show 0% Fan Speed, fans still keep spinning at 600RPM.
    I am thinking this is due to stupid 12V fan power connection, which I am using instead of fan jack on GPU PCB.

Has anyone done this already?