Geforce 362.00 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Chest beating and boasting are good for an audience, and you don't have one.

2. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    No Ieldra I come to these threads to see if the driver if worth installing(thats why we are all here) and I'm disappointed at everytime reading pages of worthless posts that never give me an answer I'm looking for. Its always the same people here all the time. How come none of you are ever willing to give a definitive answer on the driver you just installed. You have all installed so many you must be able to do it I just did it right there. I mean really why beat around the bush is it too much to ask to have some of you have confidence and state what you think about the driver. Instead I see "installed it werks no issues" its like you guys have no confidence in your own observations to make some definitive conclusions and put them out in the thread..........

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    If I said "it's great and seems better than last driver in game x, y and z" it would still be useless to the majority of users. I find it better to report what doesn't work along with short list of games that does work that I tried with the driver. Seriously, each system is different and everyone is using a different variety of software.

No-one here, I don't care how long you've worked with PC/MAC/TECH etc can give anyone a definitive answer that "this driver is worth it" or "this driver is sh!t". You can only go through threads and get a "rough" idea, then, test and see yourself. The variables we're dealing with means one person's "Golden" driver is another's "pos".

4. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    This.

Moreover, even if you did come here under the mistaken impression that posters are compelled to write you a performance report comparing drivers x and Y, you just posted complaints about other people saying shetstain this, shetstain that, I imagine you sound like Brad Pitt in snatch. I downloaded these drivers and they worked fine, I didn't test the frame rate in all my games, I didn't even play all my games. I ran firestrike and found there to be a slight increase in my score. If you're mad that they didn't do well in game x, then feel free to run benchmarks on your system comparing nvidia driver performance and post them here
    Nobody is stopping you

As stormyandcold said, usually you post when you have a problem.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

5. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Utter nonsense. Most people don't want all that crap on their system. Perfectly safe to delete it, and best to so so before the installer is run, this way, YOU have control of what rubbish goes on your system.

First thing I always do after downloading drivers, clean the turd stuff right out.

[​IMG]

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    All is fine here:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't worry anyway as WHQL means nothing.

Yeah, and then the next version of the driver is looking for something which you've deleted which should've been installed, can't find it and reports that the installation failed. Then you go and create a post about it where everyone is suggesting using DDU and are saying how bad NV drivers are. So you delete some "crap" from the drivers and the cycle goes on.

There are no "crap" in the driver installer. Whatever it installs is necessary for the driver to function properly. The install options are presented in the install dialog, the rest is "utter nonsense".

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    There is one crap. NV backend, u know the rest.

8. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Next version of driver wont be looking for anything on my end, as all is removed and cleaned before next driver install anyway, way its always been, way it will always be. So that point is moot.

You seriously don't believe that do you???

They are, but its just a pity, that regardless of which options one chooses, Nvidia decides to shove crap on regardless, 'backend' being one example.

So. I go back to what I said. Removing crap before running the installer, ensures one gets no nasty surprises :)

If your happy to fill your system with needless dung, I'm happy for ya also.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So you know what this "backend" do to call it "crap" do you?

10. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    and if use nvidia shadow play what folder shood include?

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    i lost my fear and got them instaled playing bf3,tomb raider 2013,call of duty ghosts seem fine.And color on the monitor seem the same tho me but if other guru members noticed something well must be my gpu or lcd.But they worck fine

12. gutipon

gutipon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 WF3 OC
    These two are trolling.
    There is no change on colors m8

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Another derailed thread.

14. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Right on the money my friend!
    The 7zipped size is reduced from 320mb to 250mb as well.

I tried this exactly twice before asking and everything crashed after 1ms of load, even GPU-Z full screen test, so I doubted I was doing it right. My fault though, I had a separate issue to solve.

It would be nice to be able to use shadowplay without nvidia experience, but I've never gotten it to work no matter what.

Nvidia experience just about causes me physical pain to have on my system, it's the worst type of bloatware. Official bloatware for retards that doesn't work or does a worse job tuning a game than you could manually with a few brain cells.

I've never seen this nvidia backend or anything else with or without the extra stuff present in the install folder though. Perhaps I'm just losing my edge and missed it.

Also, sorry for jumping around topics, but if no games or software I have use PhysX, is there any point at all in installing it?

15. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD

I always install like that and it's perfect. I also left Optimus, because I'm using a laptop.

And nvbackend is sitting in update.core folder so if you delete this folder there won't be anything new on startup.

Leave only those from image on desktop and on laptop leave also Optimus folder

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You seem to have installed a beta.

my WHQL one is from the 23rd of feb, not 22nd

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Why the bloody clock is always stuck on 633 mhz.... I can't understand that. and for some reason Vsync is forced ON after I change 3DTV enabled to disable or enabled .

18. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Yup. They hide it in there so you have less chance of finding it ;)

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    not true. gpu and physx drivers function properly without any other components that are included in the driver package.

In fact, the driver and phsyx itself don't even require the nvidia display driver service that runs 24/7. all the service does is make the nvidia control panel GUI work. setting it to manual in services.msc will make it only open when you open nvidia control panel.

I've tested this in at least 300 different games released from 1994-2016.

for people that only install the driver+phsyx, the only thing backend does is give you a system tray menu that allows access to the nvidia control panel. Something you can get by rightclicking on the desktop anyways, so its redundant.

It's usefulness comes into play for people that have the need for at least 1 or more components of the nvidia driver package, like 3dvision, hd audio, GFE, as it gives you easy access to all of them. that's all it does.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    IMO no, it's only needed for PhysX functionality in games which have it.

No harm in trying, uninstall it and see. You can always reinstall it later.