Geforce 362.00 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 1, 2016.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Oh look a wise guy that needed specifically to mention my card. Here have a medal, since you got so upset by my TN remark, chill its not my fault they make fake 16mill color spectrum. -_-

// done with this thread now. Useless debates are useless.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  3. marichuu

marichuu Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 770 iChill 4GB
    I'm not sure if this is related to the current drivers or what, but here's my issue.

I just upgraded from a GTX 770 to a 980. Used DDU to remove my old drivers and installed the current 362.00.
    I've tried playing Smite and Paladins, both usually running borderless windowed mode since I have 3 monitors. Both games are stuttering like mad, but it's all fine if I alt+tab out of the game and see it running in the background. Also disabling G-Sync fixes the stuttering. There are no issues in fullscreen either.
    Anyone got anything on this? I should probably just try installing older drivers, but I'd like to see if there's any info on the issue.

4. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    I'm the only one on this forum that can make a proper driver analysis. I know who I am but proving it here would only result in giving me crap so whats the point. I made exactly all the correct points and your extremely pissed about it. Truth hurts and slaps you forever. See how stupidity reacts to accuracy.............

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Looks like we're already living in an orwellian nightmare!

How do we fully disable that useless crap?

6. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    :stewpid:

This really killed me :
    YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?! NO ****ING WAY.

I'm glad you found yourself man, this whole time you had forgotten your identity your people had been searching for you, wondering where you were. I'm sure they will be immensely relieved to have their moron back

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    This driver is maybe somewhat "stabler" than the previous one for me. Stabler as in less fluctuation / stutter in games like COD:AW (some still there, fixed by reloading the checkpoint / mission).

However something is off with DSR still I think, for example Dying Light @ 1440p DSR stutters intermittently with both CPU and GPU usage dropping to about half of nominal values during said stutters.

PS: not sure if this is universal, but I checked the IRQ assignment for my GPU and it was set to old style line-based IRQ as opposed to newer message signaled based interrupts

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=378044
    (kudos to mbk1969)

I successfully switched to MSI mode which could maybe help with stuttering or such in some cases.
    My previous AMD GPU used MSI mode always.

PPS: anyone wanting to try it out, you need to re-do the tweak after switching drivers.

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    O now you acknowledge my post? I have to say some assness that wasn't even debatable? FFR, if I'm wrong about something then tell me I'm wrong without just ignoring me.Then come on the thread making remarks which fall in my court, yea I'm gonna switch to wiseguy mode on ppl I really didn't want to.Watever, do you big homie.

9. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    Ieldra in maybe 20 years you'll realize how far ahead I am and how ironic it is for you to try to criticize me. I'm starting to think this Nvidia gimps the last generation of cards stuff is correct(not like they havent done it in the past). Thats so dirty. I mean who wants to spend 1200 bucks for 30 more frames(im still on 780 sli). Seems like the first year all the driver updates are great but when the new gen comes out its not that they dont tend to the older gen I think they do intentionally gimp it. I can tell (reinstalled 362.00 just to make sure) and even highlighting icons on the desktop I can tell this driver is utter laggy crap. This driver is horrible unless I guess your on maxwell(everyone on this forum always has to have dual latest titans...... to play witcher 3 LOL).

Yeap same performance avoid these on Kepler SLI.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dragondale13
    I dont really care, just found it shallow how you mentioned it is all, like others in this thread cracking jokes about certain driver color/sharpness or even imei findings. But whatever :-]

Peace.

Asiju
    It shows irq not used in nvcpl info (lower left corner) in windows it doesnt though. Dunno i had some mixed results with it in the past, certain games started to crash or gpu oc became unstable few days later, this was still with old 780gtx.. Could be a bit different now with Maxwell, didnt try it since I noticed those spontanious crashes back with kepler.

11. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB

For someone that claims to know everything you did not do your research at all about the whole gimping thing.
    There was 1, just 1 driver where kepler cards did a nose dive and it was fixed the next driver.
    After that multiple people have actually done research with different drivers to see if there was some truth in there and guess what?
    All results were the same, it was a whole bunch of nonsense.
    Of course once it was born there is no way to wipe off the internet so the whole "nvidia is gimping older cards" will be a blatant lie for years to come.

12. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    No need for 20 years to pass, I already told you, I recognize your uncontested claim to the imbecile/petulant child throne

13. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    No way I have noticed a drop off in the performance of my cards when they become the year old generation and nothing but gains in the first year. Been installing drivers over 15 years now and I am god of windows tweaks and I can see frames with my naked eye. I know what I'm saying. See how young men respond when talking to someone older than them(they can never tell this through the forum tho they just assume everyone is on their level) all they do is attack as if I'm their age. By the time your my age son I will be older..... you will never catch up. Thats just reality.

14. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    You should probably leave this forum while you still *willingly* can.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah you're right, nvcpl states IRQ not used. Come to think of it that's probably why it gets assigned an "old-fashioned" / arbitrary IRQ by Windows.

MSI has been stable for me so far (not oc'ed tho) and CoD:AW showed an improvement with the previous driver or at least so I want to believe... ;)

I've also noted the sound starts popping or crackling in conjunction with the stutters so it's some sort of desync and could be caused by the Creative driver too I suppose.

Will try reinstalling DanielK's latest pack, using the latest official driver atm.

16. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    So you wrote all this, all this text, just to tell us that despite us getting older, we won't catch up with you... because you're older.

That's it?

Jesus christ, talk about stating the obvious.

17. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    Is the issue fixed where clocks are maxed in idle on sli with multiple monitors?

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm unable to open my control panel once I close those nasty "user experience" .exe's running in the background.

19. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    Perhaps there's a reason it says "Driver Component" after the "User Experience" part?

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    In other words; it's a built-in feature?