AMD Radeon Crimson 16.2.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Mar 1, 2016.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    wow, another hotfix :p

3. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Legacy got another driver.

4. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    any improvement over the 16.2 release or it's a Far Cry Primal profile driver?

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Just these:

Resolved Issues

A black screen/TDR error may be encountered when booting a system with Intel + AMD graphics and an HDMI monitor connected
    Choppy gameplay may be experienced when both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ are both enabled
    Display corruption may be observed after keeping system idle for some time
    Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
    Fallout 4 - Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
    Fallout 4 - Screen tearing in systems with both AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled if game is left idle for a short period of time
    Fallout 4 - Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
    Far Cry 4 - Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled
    FRTC options are displayed on some unsupported laptop configurations with Intel CPU's and AMD GPU's
    Radeon Settings may sometimes fails to launch with a "Context Creation Error" message
    Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Corruption can be observed at some locations during gameplay
    Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™ mode under Windows 7
    Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
    Rise of the Tomb Raider™ - Lara Croft's hair may flicker in some locations if the Esc key is pressed
    Rise of Tomb Raider™ - A TDR error may be observed with some AMD Radeon 300 Series products after launching the "Geothermal Valley" mission
    The AMD Overdrive™ memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
    World of Warcraft runs extremely slowly in quad crossfire at high resolutions

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Seriously? They should really think about the sanity of their version numbering templates.
    How can you possibly have a "hotfix" version of something which was never even released / how can you have several hotfix versions in a row while the base number also changes (or how can you spend several months with publishing hotfix versions without a stable release...)?
    If you do this, it should be v1-hotfix1, v1-hotfix2, not v1-hotfix and v2-hotfix in a row without v2 (nothotfix) between.

May be the driver package should be called Radeon Hotfix Software™ to be done with it and use the numbers for real versioning like x.x.x

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  7. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The betas are considered release,they specify non-whql-64bit..well long story.

8. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Why do you even bother?
    It's just the numbers, would you be happy if it was 16.3?

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I can only assume it's their new release name (non WHQL) as people tend to fear betas. It doesn't bother me. They could have used a more appropriate naming scheme.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    don't, please...

AMD components naming scheme... and hunting for something to compare with on their official website, fires me up quickly
    then 2 days later we get the driver with the same name, but different package, whatever the *** that means... :cussing:

present in which driver??

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some little D3D12 improvements:

Goodish (C):
    - OK, finally I am able to display correctly some particle effects. Hurray!

Improveish (C):
    - Looks like borderless window error are no more randomly thrown from a random code-line. Still better then before

Unknowish (C):
    - Frame-rate is still discard-synched even when it should not (it is still more fluid and responsive the v-sync for those are not aware). I need more accurate results from more complex applications and read the damn complete WDDM 2.0 programming guide related part. Personal opinion: I prefer tons of tearing on 60Hz screens (and this is why I do not care abut adaptive-sync/g-sync on 60Hz monitors).

Still badish (C):
    - 4K small textures alignment is still broken. I hate wasting memory, I want this fixed.

EDIT: this is compared to 16.1.1. I did not install the 16.2 package before.

12. Har3inger

Har3inger Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 8870m 2GB GDDR5
  13. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    hmm, resolved issue:Display corruption may be observed after keeping system idle for some time

I do believe I have noticed that on my system so could be a biggie, lol, either that or gta v is pushing my lowly 7770, :p

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Geez. People whingeing that there aren't frequent drivers, then they whinge when there are! I'm very okay with them calling them hotfixes or betas, there really isn't a more appropriate term. If these were WHQL'd in which case they could get a proper driver moniker and not 'beta' or 'hotfix', you would be waiting at least another 4 weeks minimum for the same driver. This is because WHQL takes time. It also takes money.

Just be grateful they are releasing drivers out of the WHQL cycle, stop your whingeing, and enjoy! FFS.

15. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    I coudnt care less what they call it. As long as its clearly communicated and they are actually fixing ****e, good for them and ultimately ME.

16. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
  17. needlesnout

needlesnout Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 77xx
    It looks about the same as the 16.2 (without .1) list.

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Oh wtf... That looks exactly like changelogs for Farming Simulator. The POS company decided to include all previous changes to the changelog for a new version so that it looks like they did something during the 3 months since last patch, when in fact there were like two absolutely minor new things.

19. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Not all changes made to drivers are brought up in the light for public. Those changes that are announced always only consist those that effect the end user. But they can also provide many fixes for developers.

Alessio, does IHV's actually have some internal patch notes for developers only?

20. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Known Issues
    Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption.

I can't actually remember a time my crossfire setup didn't do this.

Then you have games like tomb raider using 100% of gpu 1 and 0% of gpu 2. You make me sad AMD (and game devs.)