Gears of War: Ultimate Edition PC Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 24, 2016.

1. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Such a great game, only reason I bought an xbox. Sort of remember the first one being on pc before?

2. Bladeforce

Bladeforce Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Titan
    The pointless DirectX12/Windows 10 lock in starts to kick in

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    1080p maxed 60fps on pc u can bet u will need a 980ti , ive got 970 and most modern triple A games u cant max them out on 970 at 1080p ALSO ITS 60GB that is always a sign its gonna be a very taxing game

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Another game us Fury owners will have to downgrade for (1st one was the new Tombi), as for ideal settings, its a 390X, or a 980Ti, as 6GB VRams recommended :p

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Please don't give them anymore ideas. Next thing you know, they'll release DX12 versions of Halo 1 and 2 on PC.

NO!

Where's Halo 3? Halo 4? etc???

STOP supporting this rubbish business model.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I am so stoked for this!!!! I've been playing the original GOW to prepare myself. :D

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I was under the impression that this was the original, just remastered and with a few extra missions?

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    New engine build, completely redone MP system with rankings and all, horde mode I believe is confirmed as well, and it does not use GFWL!

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    When they finally start making DX12 games people whine... All those whiners could easily play it without paying any extra since the upgrade to 10 is free. Yet they sound like 90 year old grandpas who can't adapt to small changes and keep using obsolete inferior operating systems. DX12 or Vulkan is the future, I don't want to see a single DX11 game any more.

11. Sunnijim

Sunnijim Guest

This is great, i never got to play this game, now i can :D

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Ah yeah, your post made it sound like it was a new game completely. I guess I interpreted it wrong.

Anyway, I agree I'm definitely looking forward to it. I haven't played the original since launch but it was definitely one of my fav games and probably the last console game I really enjoyed. I wish Cliffy never left Epic, it's really not the same without him -- Fortnite/Paragon and UT Alpha are all kind of boring.

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Windows Store is worse than GFWL. At least GFWL had proper game versions with .exe and file structure that isn't locked down, basically, it was just normal PC games with GFWL overlay.

There are already many posts across the net about negative aspects of games sold on Win Store, so I won't bother repeating them, but you can look it up. It's up to you if you want to support such business practices, it's your money after all, but Win Store will never become gaming platform of choice for hardcore gamers. This platform was designed for casuals and soccer moms and it shows.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah that doesn't bother me as long as the game works and runs well.

15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the R9 290X exist too in 8gb... as the R9 390x will be in 4GB to be more affortable...

if it was only a Vram question then they should put "for 4K a 8gb vram is needed"...

anyway it's a communication failure from M$ :)

16. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    System requirements should have long been including the resolution and should also include target FPS.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What happens when Windows 11 comes out? will the game still run on it?

What happens when Windows Store is discontinued? will you be able to play the game still?

These are the only two reason I will not buy a game stranded on Windows Store it is too ****ing dangerous **** that.

**** this **** man, I've had to rebuy games on Steam just to be able to play them again because of Microsoft... honestly go and **** yourself Microsoft.

sigh again.. sorry.. it just.. the rage just kept simmering..

I'm done now.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Don't these questions apply to all other digital distribution platforms as well?

19. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Patience is killing me.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Steam hasn't shut down before, killing a large portion of their games, then reopened using the exact same ****ty tactics.

Forgive me for being angry at this I literally have games here on my shelf next to me that are simply dead because of Microsoft, quite a few of them I have repurchased on Steam and they work fine.

Sure, Steam might one day in the future no longer exist, for that to happen World War 3 probably took place and not much of the world population exists at that point in time, video games are probably not peoples worries after that.

Do not bother arguing this point with me, I am not the person to do it with.. I am done with this ****... Microsoft can go and **** themselves.

And yes, I do actually have Gears of War on PC.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016