Vulkan's lauch - 16.15.1009

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ShFil, Feb 16, 2016.

1. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    your loss the performance is better than 16.1.1 with crossfire and Direct x 12 also and it removes some stutter

2. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

I tried a clean install of the drivers but it appears to be missing some of the crimson stuff.. So I reinstalled crimson driver then updated it with this vulkan one and its working properly. :)

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guys, these drivers are meant for development usage only.

4. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    no they are also meant for gaming as well as long as you upgrade to these drivers and don't do a clean install you have better performance and dx

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This attitude has no place in the Guru3D forums sir :D

I just tested the DX12 Dolphin release (which I didn't know about). There is no more stutter, anywhere and it's the first time I can run 2.5x resolution with 2xSSAA.

6. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    It's working well for a beta driver with a beta Talos release, on par with OpenGL performance (with my Radeon 7850).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Vulkan 1.0 Has Been Officially Launched

The Khronos Group announced today the immediate availability of the Vulkan 1.0 royalty-free, open standard API specification. As the press release reads, Vulkan provides high-efficiency, cross-platform access to graphics and compute on modern GPUs used in a wide variety of devices from PCs and consoles to mobile phones and embedded platforms.

This ground-up design, complementing the OpenGL and OpenGL ES 3D APIs, aims to provide applications direct control over GPU acceleration for maximized performance and predictability with minimized CPU overhead and efficient multi-threaded performance.

Multiple Vulkan 1.0 hardware drivers and SDKs are available immediately for developers to begin creating Vulkan applications and engines.

Vulkan is described as the result of 18 months in an intense collaboration between leading hardware, game engine and platform vendors, built on significant contributions from multiple Khronos members. Vulkan is designed for portability across multiple platforms with desktop and mobile GPU architectures.

Vulkan is available on multiple versions of Microsoft Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and has been adopted as a native rendering and compute API by platforms including Linux, SteamOS, Tizen and Android.

What is Vulkan™?

As a complement to OpenGL, descended from AMD's Mantle, and forged by the industry, Vulkan™ is a powerful low-overhead graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found here. More information on the latest AMD Vulkan™-related news can be found here.

AMD Simplified: Vulkan™ API

[​IMG]

8. Starks

Starks Guest

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    My 7730m running Mantle demolished DX12 in 3DMark's API test.

I can't wait for the Vulkan tests.

9. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

All vulkan numbers from that benchmark are still less FPS than they are in DX11. So take that for what it is worth. Personally to me it means devs and chipmakers will go through some learning to get the most out of it, and it is a little early to post stuff like furx beats the 980ti.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its never too early to post stuff that shows furyx beats the 980ti

lol

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Its too early - That is a fact
    But Radeons have Future Proof Build thanks to GCN Architecture ;-)

And as for now Mantle API is the Best IMO.
    What i can see >118FPS 1792:1344 Ultra (BF4/BF:H) :) and no Lowdowns to 40FPS like in old DX11 :infinity:

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now I am really interested wth AMD did with these drivers :D I want to test some.

13. Lossoth

Lossoth Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290
    Does this driver provide a significant boost to DirectX 11 games?

14. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    AMD, would you kindly (BioShock :v ) give us a light wrapper Mantle->Vulkan now that Mantle 1.0 is dead?

BF4, BFH, Sniper Elite 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Thief.....

15. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Perhaps. But testing new drivers is fun, and so no harm in trying right? And sometimes you get even extra performance you weren't expecting :)

Ofc sometimes you get bugs that are quite troublesome :p

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, not sure anybody uses mantle to play those games... my friends have gotten 280Xs and one got a 390X, and all of them use dx11 for BF4 gaming because it works better for them.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    R280X and playing BF4 in DX11.1 ? WTF?
    I've tested both in every Game that has it :)

I like Reshade+SweetFX in DX11 but, when it comes to Gameplay, Mantle just wins in every scenario on my RIG.
    BF4/BF:H Mantle ONLY ! So solid and Great FPS in 64 Big Maps 60Hz (no downs to 40FPS when SkyScraper collapses ;-))
    DA:I, hmm Mantle is better performer (but only 3-5FPS) so i go for SweetFX and DX11.1
    Thief, Mantle is a lot better.

I need Best Performance to get this SKILL :deflate:
    Look here -> http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Ne01_LoccOtHaN/stats/227705289/pc/

In BF:H i don't have skill yet ;-) Just starting there.
    Now Playing SW:BF3 DX11.3 (yes it Has 11.3 in it, not full DX12.0 Yet) and perform Extremly Great with Ultra + TAA

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well if you played BF4 you most likely won't need to develop any additionl skills for Hardline (it's a reskin mostly) :D

Well they tried it out, haven't gotten AMD GPUs since Mantle came out, but none of them is using mantle. Just to mention it, I don't think they even bother enough to tinker with such things, and it's also not my task to keep their systems up to date. And with 580 and now 980s I never installed mantle.

19. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Hopefully the next battlefield will support vulkan and/or DX12 as it already supported mantle and DX12 console commands were in the frostbite engine for battlefront beta.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No, they are not.

http://gpuopen.com/gaming-product/vulkan/

And then people complaint AMD because they are unable to update to the last WHQL driver...