Quantum Break coming to PC - DirectX 12 only - Screenshots - Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 11, 2016.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Windows 10 only?...No record game sales with this one.

[​IMG]

95% are not pc gamers anyway...

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You are an idiot and a bigot on top, and I have zero sympathy for your point of view. You can work four more than the average wage jobs where I currently live, and you won't be able to make more than $1,000 USD per month. Add to that the import taxes that add +40% to the USD value on everything electronics related, and then a 500$ GPU suddenly costs as much as eight months of rent. The world is not only the US or the EU.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  4. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Kinda sucks that it will be MS Store only. I assume a lot of people will skip it especially those who prefer steam.

Steam popped up today with hardware survey for me and I saw this part.

[​IMG]

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Market share for w10 is around 12% currently vs 52% for w7. But in steam the reading is way higher.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Nah. They do what publisher tells em to do like every dev.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Kinda given since it's DX12 exclusive ;)

It's becoming clear though that MS relies on XBone sales and the PC version is just an advertisement for W10 and DX12.

Not that I mind, but I do mind the Win Store exclusivity because of the restrictions it causes.

The silver lining here is that the developer is Remedy.
    If someone can write a properly running game, borderless window or not, with proper antialiasing and whatnot, I trust it's Remedy.
    So that you don't need ReShade etc.

Still, sucks.

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well in BF4 I have seen my performance decrease throughout the past 2 years for no clear reason. I even upgraded the CPU/MOBO/RAM during this time.

I used be able to hold a constant 120 fps at 1080p with everything on low except texture/filter set to ultra.

Now I need to resort to lower resolutions to maintain this 120 fps.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think the point here is that people that game on Windows 7 will see Quantum Break, want it on their PC and know Windows 10 is a free upgrade. It's another reason for them to upgrade.

10. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    You guys need to understand that M$ doesn't hope for some huge sales on the PC, the big money will com from xbox. The W10 DX12 exclusive is just to try and bring more people to W10. Also seeing the system specifications i bet you they won't expect a huge increase in W7 > W10 migrations. Only users with high-end PC's that didn't switched to W10 will do it. The majority that runs low end hardware won't flex a muscle and M$ knows this.
    From my point of view M$ is doing a nice thing for high-end PC gamers, they probably won't cover the costs for the PC port (with the W10/DX12 exclusive) but it will make for some good marketing.

Also the specs doesn't bother me, as long as it will run flawless if you meet the requirements low or ultra.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The minimum specifications aren't too bad. DX12 should help a lot with systems with weaker CPU's so as long as their GPU is up to it. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well optimized it is.

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Correct.
    Also i think they are making a mistake by not releasing it on steam also. I consider windows store a really weak platform for gaming and this game won't do miracles for it.
    Probably after 1 or 2 months the game will be available for steam also.

13. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    5000 for one tooth?!!!!!!!!!! that is like the reign if AKU in the SAMURAI JACK of times. Here, i would suggest a trip to my nation, spend some time in the foots of KYRAT (Farcry4) and get your tooth fixed too, all the while, well under 5grand , assuming i am not late to reply and u have no insurance and u like to travel to 3rd world nations ;V

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I really need to just sell my Xbox One. Seems like all the systems exclusives are getting put on PC. PS4 still gets regular use by me for their exclusives but this...I'd much rather play on PC, naturally.

Anyone is the US want an Xbox for $200 shipped? Lol.

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Screw you.

I have worked my ass off for years from being homeless to where I am now.
    You have no god damn clue how much hardware I give away, sell cheap, and help friends and people out with. So you can piss off and go cry about AMD drivers more a$$hole.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Congratulations on that. That doesn't make you less of a dick on the rest. There are people here that have worked more than you and me combined, and they can't afford it due to the factors I mentioned. Not all the world is 'Murica dude.