Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wonder if it will get multi GPU support. If not, it's a fail somehow... first dx12 game (being a gaming evolved title) should at least support cfx / sli, just to show how good AMD can help to use the resources you have in your rig, especially when going for 6GB vram, 16GB system ram, etc.

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    This looks like a hybrid of Max Payne and Singularity, the specs do look rather honest, but I guess they are making no excuses when it comes to how good this game will probably look and its next-gen charisma.

What worries me is that DX12 is suppose to reduce API overhead and rely a lot less on the CPU, yet the bold claim of 4790 defeats this point. Perhaps the game will already look next-gen at recommended or minimum specs and ULTRA specs quality will be mindblowing, however the skeptic in me still sees this as a potential Win10/DX12 demo rather than a game (cough Ryse cough)

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To be fair, the 4790(K) is almost two years old, and that's ultra settings. I don't really see it to be a bold claim, as we don't know what features are in there at ultra, what resolution this is referring to (haven't been able to read the link, only the screenshot). CPUs you buy today are noticably faster, and older ones can match that CPU's performance when overclocked.

And, as usual, system requirements aren't always that right... Shadow of Mordor maxed out with HD textures at 1440p still runs excellent on my rig, and I haven't gotten 6GB vram for instance.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ almost every game recommends an i7 CPU even if an i5 would be just fine so common practice I think.

Although with DX12 the i7 could actually be better due to better multithreading.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If thats the case they would put some older i7's like 2600k before 4690k in recommended specs. In theory HT should become more useful but im still thinking that newer gen i5's will perform better than older i7's even when it comes to DX12.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Right, the specs were updated, I was referring to the old ones with i7 still in them as "common practice".

Recommended 4690 sounds very plausible me thinks.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Character animation looks really stilted in this game.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I can't wait for this. :)
    This game was the only reason I would've considered getting an Xbox One, and now I don't have to.

I was actually thinking kind of a mix of Max Payne and TimeShift, but, yeah... Singularity works in there as well.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If this trend continues, I hope we finally see Forza and other titles on the PC. There is even a rumor that Microsoft might release the Xbox360 emulator for Windows 10.

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Beware this is a heavily cinematic loaded game.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's Remedy.
    That's pretty much a given.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am actually waiting for them to release this so they can start working on Alan Wake 2. :p

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes.
    Well, this originally started as Alan Wake 2. Then they got hooked on the time bending element and steered it off into it's own creation.

They still have a lot of love for Alan Wake. They constantly mention wanting to get back to him and continue his story.
    But, they've said it partially depends on how well this does. Being a small studio, and Alan Wake would be something they'd most likely have to fund themselves.

16. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    The Wire :nerd:

[​IMG]

17. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I believe it can be perform well. So far the only games hit bad fps in my laptop is The Witcher 3 which in between 29 to 30 fps only, I don't have issue in GTA 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain and etc latest games, and I believe on Remedy Studios.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sony has provided 0 exclusive games to pc really. Third parties more so. And mgs 5 was on all platforms.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I know what to expect, I have actually missed this kind of game. Furthermore, it looks more and more like the minimum requirements are for XboxOne levels of fidelity, which means that the game is really well optimized.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970