Firewatch 2016

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by t0bber166, Feb 9, 2016.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Some people are easily entertained. What's the issue?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Nope, the game works fine at 2560x1440 for me. However, DSR is not working currently, possibly because the game is running only in borderless window mode and not fullscreen. It is a Unity Engine game.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is 15£ a lot of money?

If it's comparable to 17 dollars Australian then I'd say it's worth it.

Most new triple A video games come out at like 80 to 100 dollars........... and to be honest I would argue most triple a video games aren't triple a quality these days.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Why, because he gives honest reviews, isnt a paid for shill. The sort of reviewer we constantly demand.

Sure he has the bell thing and can be a bit over the top, but at least he tells it how it is.

I think the only thing i disagree with him on so far is the FC3 review he did. Not that im saying you should use that as a gauge of some sorts.

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    From the very first look I had it this, it really did seem like a proof of concept type project that wasn't supposed to be a finished product, but somebody who shouldn't have authority said, "This will be the game!"

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    15 pounds (19.3 euros/21.75 US$) for a 3 hour game?:

Pounds:
    - 5 pounds per hour of game

or

Euros:
    - 6.43 euros per hour of game

or

US dollars:
    - 7.25 US$ per hour of game

:3eyes:

No thanks

8. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    The only non-paid tube reviewer out there that will tell it how it is from day one and the only one that cuts through the insurmountable amount of BS out there

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Another review

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think this game is good but perhaps a bit overpriced at £15 for what it offers. £10 or less would have been better. It does have a nice atmosphere and the voice-acting is excellent but it is not really offering much different from games like Gone Home or The Park, both of which were much cheaper at original release.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Another take on the game. I'll get it one day I think, but not until it's on sale.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    The constant cursor in the middle of the screen ruins the immersion, I won't play the game until it can be disabled.

13. deets75

deets75 Guest

yup, bang on. nice "game", fun little experience, just wrong price and if we dont say anything, we can only expect things to get worse.

but after seeing street fighter for £45 (£70 for DLC edition), I think its probably too late...

when CD versions of games are cheaper than steam, you know we are fked.

14. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    iam the onlyone who cannot make the vsync work?same apply to Long dark...

15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I don't regret my decision to refund it but it still intrigues me. From what I played I know the story would be interesting but the gameplay was dull, I found myself lost trying to navigate using the clunky map system far too often. Plus the hitching every 30 seconds made the choice much easier. Give the game a few patches and a hefty discount and I'll jump back in.

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I find it interesting how people think that $20 for a game with 3-6 hours of gameplay is too expensive yet $20-$30 for movies that are 1.5-2 hours never has people going "OMGWTFBBQ TOO EXPENSIVE THIS IS A CLEAR SIGN OF THINGS TO COME UNLESS WE SAY SOMETHING!!!"

You clearly don't understand retail environment where physical items that are not selling get sold cheaper and cheaper and cheaper so that something that does sell replaces it. Comparing "disc" versions of games prices to digital is simply comparing apples and oranges, you can't do it, and has nothing to do with us being 'fked'.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  17. deets75

deets75 Guest

a) I dont use $
    b) you are a chimp

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    A) So do the math
    B) I'm sorry that you do not understanding how brick & mortar stores (retail) that has physical space can not be compared to digital, no space environments. Not exactly my fault, but i'm sorry you can't comprehend it nonetheless.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    What makes you assume the same people who won't pay £15 for a 3 hour game will pay £15 for a 2 hour movie?

I won't pay £15 for a 3 hour game as I don't consider it value for money, I certainly wouldn't pay £15 for a 2 hour movie either, not least because I have a HD projector and 150" screen in my bedroom so get to watch movies laid in bed with my wife and two dogs eating icecream (us not the dogs) ;)

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Finished it in 3,5 Hours.