Rockstar sold GTA V over 60 million times

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2016.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not a chance, GTA4 and GTA5 have proven a few things and one of those is that Rockstar do not have the chops to run an online service that people would be willing to pay a monthly fee for. From the utterhack fest that PC versions of both games have become to the feeling that GTA5's online mode is one bad up date from being brought to it's knees. To the frankly appalling excuse for tech support that has left a known issue with the games online service unanswered and unsolved since the game first went online some two years ago.

as it is it's good enough to be free but IF Rockstar really are planning to turn the whole thing into a monthly sub to play service then they will have to drastically and significantly step up the quality, speed, support and reliability of the service.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    GTA V was ok but it really boring way too fast for me, i prefer Saints row over it as well as just cause 3, but the game crafted well.

3. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    GTA5:thumbup:

60million times..Rockstar it's real:rock:dude..

:bigsmile:

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Deal is, CS:GO is mainly a PC game, most GTA5 sales will be from consoles. It's in the weekly sales top 4 every week. For months, even years now. Compare GTA5's PC sales and CS:GO sales since their releases and I'm not sure who would come out winner. :)

5. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    When I first ran GTAV, I knew wouldn't manage Ultra. After the first mission (not gonna spoil), I turned on that Ignore Limits setting and Maxxed everything, except AA, which was set to FXAA. With mah sexy Overclock, I run at 60FPS or more. I just get occasional stutters while driving, even with all patches done.

6. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    It'll bite Piracy in the ass.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Unlikely.

8. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    it says u got 980ti sli well you dont need that for csgo i bet most people who play it are russians and the high populated countrys on lower end cheaper or old hardware like gtx 570 or gtx 670, pc need the triple A console ports to drive sales nvidia is always with the console ports put there gameworks in it so you buy there hardware, so the deal with the pc is its console port triple A games that keep the pc going if it was just games like csgo on pc no ports people would never upgrade or they get a console to play triple A games

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm not sure where you want to get, but I got 980 SLI, not 980Ti SLI ;)

10. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gta 5 was number one selling game on the pc in 2015 it beat csgo and you dont need gtx 980 sli like u have for csgo , but gta 5 you need gtx 980 sli games like gta 5 are the games that sell gtx 980ti and titanx and fury x , without these big games on pc . if it was just csgo and dota and team fortress nvidia would not sell many high end gpus so my point is its games like gta 5, which drive the pc on to higher levels make people upgrade to the newest gpus like pascal not csgo , if it was just csgo on pc you can stay on a gtx 580 , and the pc needs the console ports, if none the big games like tomb raider , hitman, division, dying light all new games in 2016 if none these came to pc, the number of pc gamers would be a lot lower

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Maybe but if the majority of your cash comes from the service you supply then Rockstar have to massively up their game, right here and right now they can fob it off because the service is 'free' attached to a single player game and THAT'S what you paid for originally, but if they plan to charge a premium rate per month fee then they have to provide a premium rate service to back that up.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The thing is, it wouldn't.

The majority of people who buy GTA games, buy them for the campaign. While GTAV Online is popular, it's not exactly reaching mega figures. The main draw to the series is the campaign, and the big open world to explore. There are better multiplayer options out there, always have been. The only thing that would be less likely, would be people cheating online. Even the online aspect (depending on how it's done) could still be pirated, it already happens in other games.

13. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    Theres a very good chance gta 6 could be an online only game and a subscription game ,i think they would do it kind of like the same way you get playstation plus, and xbox live and on pc through windows store

14. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Yeah got to love some GTA, even the anoyingly designed 4 man heists, not because they're not fun but because a lot of them only need 2 people to do and the other people just increase the chance of you failing the heist.

For example, the the end of one of the heists that we had spent hours trying to do on hard because we're all morons, we all had to jump out of a choppa and land safety and I managed to activate my parachute ... and then swing round into a rock and die.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I loved that they officially added first person support. So much more immersive and VR support would be awesome but will never happen. However the game is pretty bland, would at least be cool if you could enter the buildings and offer more side missions because most of the map is just to run around in and serves little purpose.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Not surprising when there's idiots like me out there that bought it 3 times, PS3, PS4 and PC :s

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    There's zero chance of that happening, for the simple reason Rockstar like money.

18. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    Bloody pirates kills the sales of PC games, eh? I think this just shows you if you make a good game that runs 99.9% without flaws or bugs AT LAUNCH, surprise surprise, people will give you their money!

19. TBPH

TBPH Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    PC sales aren't even mentioned in the article.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Folks, this has nothing to do with piracy. Let's stop talking about it here.