LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced - Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    is it me or does lego look revolting as a movie/game?

EEEEW.

Teraflops of performance,lets make characters out of 45 flat polygons...YAY! /s

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Although the game looks as if it technically has a good engine, I am to old to play lego video games. I'd rather play lego analogue style, with the blocks and all, than a video game that's basically a franchise game with low graphics... good way on milking little kids's parents.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    indeed but every Lego game are much fun and better than more realistic one :)
    it's always a must play game...

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    nope you are not :cheers:

perents can play lego too, it's a franchise OK but most are really good game (and fun too wich is the most important isn't it)

6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think with my kids I will play true lego at first, and then let them pass over to BF, COD, Doom games, who knows :D

7. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    poxy lego games, they could make some decent real games with these licenses, yet they go the lazy and easy route with "zany" lego games. **** LEGO EVERYTHING!

8. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    warner brothers are terrible game publishers there just on the gravy train how many games they released recently its a few and there all garbage like arkham knight, rockstar and cd project red they dont release many games but there games are always good quality

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    All the publishers tend to release re-iterated garbage these days. WB with their franchise games, EA with their stupidly bad sports games (besides FIFA maybe I've never heard of anybody playing those games) and also sadly BF, ubicrap with the yearly Far Cry game, Activision with their COD each year, the list goes on and on.

10. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    not all rockstar is the pinnacle of pc gaming with gta 5, gta 5 is a masterpiece in games, go to the beach in gta 5 and watch the sunsets and go flying in a plane and look at the sky the detail in the game the stuff you can do in the game , gta 5 is a long way ahead of other games in every department even it came out in 2013 it still has the best graphics on the pc , EA, Ubisoft , warner bros they all are long way behind rockstar

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess a few years ago when GTA4's PC port came out, a lot of people would have disagreed gavin :D

12. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    hi all i can say is gta 4 was a great game and TBH i cant think of any bad game which rockstar have made, you dont see them reskin games or release a half finished game every year , thats why they got such a good reputation, ubisoft activison ea warner bros there ones who have bad reputations but they deserve it

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I admit I do enjoy the LEGO games and buy most of them but the fun tends to be short-lived as the gameplay has not really evolved since the first Star Wars game IMO. True, the newer games have an open world hub, much better graphics and are now fully-voiced but the level design, complete with pseudo fixed camera angles, the brick-bashing gameplay and simple puzzles have remained the same.

It does get repetitive ultimately for me but they are relatively cheap and entertaining while it lasts. Great games for kids though and guess that is who is these games are really aimed at.

P.S. Despite the upgrade to a DX11 engine, the game sadly still uses the same sub-par FSAA 'blur' effect that barely qualifies as anti-aliasing in my book.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Playing Lego games cooperatively with friends is always a blast. I'm sure it'll be the same with this latest installment as well.

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    They are fun to play with my kids. The animated movies are the best though; humorously retelling the events. Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales-Mission to Mos Eisley is the best out of the series so far.

16. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    Well, the primary goal is to sell more lego.

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    It's just you

The Lego games are awesome. IF you don't like them you have no soul, have a stick where the sun don't shine and probably have lost your inner child :)

18. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Disagree. GTAV is great but doesn't hold a candle to Witcher 3.