Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.75 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AaD-Marine, Jan 27, 2016.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    IT IS A BUG. It happens. People need to catch themselves on. Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill.

2. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This BETA software should have never been included with WHQL drivers, and certainly not without a way to remove it. Or telling people of it's existence.

This BUG is also causing some usb 3.0 mice/keyboards/devices to no longer be recognized on some MB's. Forcing some to roll back drivers.

Just saying.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

that is "bug" worth making and issue about but the whole electable gpu icon being shown is not.

dont confuse "bugs" with "annoyance" that dont mater

Nor are the 2 the same issue...

4. Fr3ddY

Fr3ddY New Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4gb
    I like this Driver runs smooth as did the 361.43. I don't have the so called USB bug all I see is Nvidia control panel icon which I have not seen in a while nice.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

5. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I don't get how a hidden icon can be so annoying. It isn't seen. For the few who say it was in the tray by default, quickly change notifications to hide.

6. insanewords

insanewords New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Again, it shouldn't be there to begin with. That's the annoyance (from my way of thinking). It's beta software that was rolled out with WHQL drivers. It's showing up on desktop GPUs that are not and never will be ejectable. It's lazy and negligent that it was included in the ANY WHQL driver set in this state.

It's not the icon. It's what the icon represents. If you don't get it, cool. No sweat. But for others there's a real issue there.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it repsents how people are stupid and make mole hill out something that is irrelevant, does it make you game run slower? does it cause you tdr's? does it cause BSOD? no it does not.

The icon being show is NOT and ISSUE that cause problems. the people that complaining about like it the end of the world are this making something out of nothing. which shows how petty people are about supficial crap that dont mater.

It will be delt with in the next drivers people need to shutup about the icon, that dont do any harm.

this issue with 3.0 usb kb/mouse/devices is something to complain about, and just cause the electable icon is there dont mean that is cause to the issue. people just assume that reason.

8. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
  9. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    Has any one else had a problem with custom res as it wont let me set the res i make for the second monitor even tho driver before did ?

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Yeah sadly these days, people consider minor annoyances an issue, and let the real problems go.

They just won't get it man, some people are that bull-headed. It's a new thing Nvidia clearly stated WON'T be in the next set as its a test run. If it was something that would break the system they would have said so.

Try as you may they will not listen, save yourself the headache.

Dude it's an inanimate button on the taskbar that can't kill you, hurt you, or touch you in any way. Irrelevant. Im looking at it right now, so what? It's not a bug, and it's not taking up a physical space on your desk etc. It's just an outline of a USB drive in the same space that was there before.

11. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    I'm getting a black screen whilst alt tabbing out and in of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Not sure if its a driver issue or not but had no issues at all with Alt-tab until I updated my driver and installed this game.

The program ROTTR.exe version 1.0.604.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 3b74
    Start Time: 01d15af3b769ed45
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: J:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider\ROTTR.exe
    Report Id: 3b86bf89-c6e7-11e5-9cbd-74d43517245f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edit - I think it has something to do with Exclusive fullscreen being turned on. Not driver related.

12. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Experienced my very first dxgmms2.sys BSOD with these while playing the new Tomb Raider. I believe there was also a minor system update earlier but from what I've read this is likely a Nvidia issue. Installed the drivers after wiping with DDU.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ever since upgrading to a 2560x1440 monitor from a 1920x1200 one, I have been experiencing a weird desktop update issue that occurs in two ways:

1. If I load up a game that was set to sub-2560x1440, which most games originally were since I was using 1920x1200, then on exiting them I would sometimes (but not always) see the desktop background occupy only two-thirds of the screen from the top-left corner and the remaining area would initially appear blank but if I moved a window over it then the trail of the window would draw in the empty space!

2. Intermittently, I will experience an issue where the desktop background will show fullscreen on exiting a game but icons only show in two-thirds of the screen from the top-left corner. Hitting refresh (F5) does not work.

In both cases, restarting Windows Explorer fixes the issue but I am puzzled as to why this is even happening as I never once saw this behaviour when I was using a 1920x1200 resolution.

Anyone know why this happening and how it can be fixed?

P.S. I am using Stardock's Fences to group desktop icons together as shown below but I don't think it is anything to do with that.

[​IMG]

If the issue occurs again I will take a screenshot and add it below for comparison.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. jibi049

jibi049 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
    The game has a lot of performance issues. After an hour of play the game seems to stream a lot to the disk. It causes severe stuttering in loading zones and when saving game. Game has to been relaunched to fix it. If your pagefile is too small, you can encounter issues like BSOD (win32kbase.sys with a system service exception message). Before that the game could fill up your entire RAM, even if you have 16 GB.

However the game looks great!

Edit : I also have a Nvidia icon. Clicking on it gives me a quick access to the Nvidia control panel. But how can I permanently remove this icon ? (nvtray.exe). Maybe renaming the file ?

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    no issues alt tabbing with these drivers using exclusive fullscreen.

probably driver+monitor combo issue with the game.

17. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    @Darren Wow, that's a lot of icons. I would go insane.

18. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    its worth to install 361.75 drivers for the division? im using 359.00 right now, no issues at all.

19. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    It depends on the user. By itself, it's not much of a problem and is easily fixed through a simple registry change. Once you take in to account that everyone and their grandma(Intel Rapid Storage, Realtek Sound, Nvidia, Steam, Battle.net, Skype, etc.) wants to add a system tray icon, it really started to limit taskbar space. That is a usability issue. Also, if users don't complain about this, it will be something that will get left there for a very long time. Then you will have users complaining how they have to make registry settings and reboot every time they update drives. Think of the RGB color settings that many created utilities for.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I like icons! I mean why have a large spacious desktop if you're not going to fill it with something? ;)

:D