Has anyone ever tried the new Mechwarrior?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jw_Leonhart, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Just wondering if anyone here has tried the new Mechwarrior Online... Well it's not new but new to me. I played all the older ones, and loved them..

This one isn't bad but leaves some to be desired. Just wondering what peoples take on it is.

2. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Played it for a round 2 months when it was first released. I was also in the beta. It gets tedious and boring because you rely on teammates and unless you consistantly play with a good squad you will never win and get frustrated. I also found the UI and control scheme to bit much. It wasn't for me.

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Interesting, I find it to be sort of the same way. And according to steam only about 3,000 players are on at any given time so it's not like there is a huge community. I have seen some serious updates since I started playing though

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    It's a sad situation.

It would have been better if Piranha had never even got hold of the brand. Multiplayer only was never going to work for this franchise.

Mech4 and MWMercs were outstanding, had a very good campaign, and an online community that was built around the multiplayer which, like the original installments of the MechWarrior games (the first of which went back to DOS gaming), were based off the single player system (which itself was based on the board game) of mech design and factions.

The only hope for this franchise is for new ownership, a AAA producer and a full fledged game that mirrors what was available with the best installments of the series.

5. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    I feel like the game would work the way it is with the multiplayer option and such if PGI was more dedicated and knew what they are doing... I've seen so many adjustments and tweaking since I started it is ridiculous. The one good thing about the online version in my opinion is the grind for cbills to buy new things. Plus they hold a lot of events so realistically unless you want a hero mech (I've bought a couple) they are not any better than the normal mechs, so this isn't a pay 2 win game which is great.

I've realized development is silly slow. The same maps over and over, and to be honest I find that most of the maps really suck or favor one side over another....

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea mech 4 and my sidewinder ff pro stick was gaming goodness. God i wish i had that stick still, felt like you were actually piloting a mech.

7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    The bolded parts above are why many long time MW players from previous versions never had any interest in or even downloaded and tried the game. I did, way at the beginning, even though I had (and have) absolutely zero interest in that kind of 'game', and I only lasted a few weeks with it.

As I said, a sad situation.