Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.75 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AaD-Marine, Jan 27, 2016.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    that is a profile for Nvbackend, not the actual exe
    note it lists file as cfg.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Which i already answered but i guess twice is better than once?

3. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    I get the same.. Back to old drivers till this is fixed.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    This process doesn't seem to do anything until now and it consumes 2MB private bytes.
    Guys, we are pc masterrace, but could it be that you're overexaggerating?

5. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    Are the clocks on using multiple monitors going back to normal on idle?

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Still...it's just unnecessary, stupid and sloppy from nVidias side. Once more we get to *facepalm* when nVidia releases another piece of smelly crap.

Well, at least we're getting used to it (I am since I expected something weird). Imagine the joy when we actually get a good driver :bounce:

7. ruiner13

ruiner13 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    I haven't installed the drivers yet, but if there is a device in the eject menu then there is likely a new item in the device manager they added in this version. If someone can find it, then simply disabling it in device manager should hide the icon (until you actually have something legit to eject, of course).

My guess is their new Thunderbolt display stuff needs some more refinement so it only shows when there is actually a display connected to thunderbolt ports - and when you actually HAVE thunderbolt ports...

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Anything but the eject icon!!! FU Nvidia, why you do dis weird stuff to muh puter?!? Going back to worser drivwe becUSE of this. Outragess.

:stewpid:

9. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I wonder if that startup and taskbar crap is only for Windows 10...anyone using Windows 7 report the same things being added?

10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Well, I really hate the NV management, but imho "smelly crap" applies much better to AMD Crimson than to Geforce drivers.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Seems no one from nvidia wants to clarify the eject usb logo, here, or at geforce . com, at the driver article....

ManuelG !!!?!?!?!!

Sarcasm: Probably if u install the drivers with geforce experience, will go away :)) next-gen

12. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I hear it lowers performance in Rise of the Tomb Raider as well which is ironic considering this is supposed to be a Game-Ready driver...

Update: Due to playing a pre-release build, I did not have access to Nvidia's Game Ready Drivers while writing this...I can now confirm that installing the Game Ready Drivers that were released today (January 27) did not fix the problems I discuss below.

in fact, I would say it's made things worse: the stuttering is more frequent and the loading times are now two or three times longer than what I saw pre-drivers...

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-port-report-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-336747.phtml

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    it tells you in the driver notes. it's related to that thunderbolt 3 external gpu thingie.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Yeah, so for now on, i will have the usb logo, nice...

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'm not sure how to get rid of that, and it's very annoying.

I tried the trick with adding the multi string value TreatAsInternalPort with values 0,1,2,3,4,5 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvstor\Parameters\Device and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvraid\Parameters\Device in the registry (just like adding these to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device will hide HDDs on SATA ports from the safely remove hardware menu), but it didn't work.
    Perhaps it was the wrong registry key or maybe it just doesn't work the same way. Or maybe we'd just need the proper value.

If someone could figure out how to solve this problem it would be much appreciated, as I don't want to mistakenly eject things when trying to eject a USB drive or whatever (and no, I'm not talking about solutions hiding the icon completely, just removing the video card entry from it).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016

16. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    does it show up in the taskbar under Windows 7 or is it just on Windows 10?

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Great, now I can safely eject my graphics card. This should come in real handy :confused:

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Lol I don't even know what to say to this.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I mean yeah, obviously it would be nice to not have the ejection thing there -- and I'm sure Nvidia is going to have an option to hide it at some point. But it's not the end of the world at the moment. It's clearly due to the external GPU beta change. Hitting it essentially has the same effect as disabling and re-enabling the GPU temporarily.

I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

The backend thing is also probably for the external GPU service. I'm pretty sure its been enabled on all Surface Books due to the nature of the removable dGPU for a while now.

20. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Exactly the same here with my GTX 970.