NF Tools by Nabil Fathi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by adolfotregosa, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    Well it works for some, no wonder it has been made private, I'd do it too. The devoted nVidia fan bois and those who see no changes, just love to troll. I'll say it again, it works depending on the application and forget benchmarks. It's about smoothness, NOT speed.
    TY to those who had constructive feedback, to everyone else thanks for ruining it for those whom did experience positive results!

2. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090

my system was always perfectly stable and fine, i installed that thing and i got alot of TDRs, i reported that on his blog but after a while people there told me that is my OC or i have a very dirty system instead of watching the problem i posted, then my post was deleted and all the replies were disabled, i thought i was banned but i realized he now made his blog private.

Fine for me because i uninstalled that **** and my system is fine and good again, no TDR, smooth as silk. Like it always been.

I know there is a lot of nvidia fanboys in this forum but it's true that this is bloatware.

So imho this tool is only to benefit his ego so many people praise his work and blah blah blah.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I've tried it. Installed over the top of current driver (360.xx)

I've been playing Ass Creed Unity - and it's poorly optimized and always had very slight stutter - which is now gone after installing this tool.

It doesn't necessarily make the game faster - but is, indeed, smoother.
    (and much more enjoyable to play because of it)

I'm using a 970 by the way - I wonder if people that don't notice results so much are using 980 and up - so therefore the memory sub-system tweaks don't have such a large impact.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

No offense to anyone but, a lot of people claimed better image quality and other things with quadro drivers...even ones that were bit for bit, identical to the consumer version. Some history is in order. This is the same fellow who claimed to have enabled G-Sync. Well he did manage to hack the G-Sync indicator, but G-Sync was not enabled despite his and a couple of others claims. You're free to claim it works, but where is your evidence?

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Well I bit the bullet and tried out beta 3.2, and while I was hoping to see a difference I didn't notice any improvement in the games I tested.

Now, the possibilities are these reg tweaks don't do anything, or do something in a particular circumstance. So lets make this a little bit more scientific, because it would be great if we could determine what works and when.

So, I suggest everyone who has tried it post again with the following:

CPU:
    GPU:
    Driver:
    Windows version:
    Games I saw an improvement:
    Games I didn't see an improvement:

For me this is as follows:

CPU: 3970X @ 4.5
    GPU: GTX680 4GB x 3 SLI
    Display: 2560x1600 30"
    Driver: 361.43
    Windows version: Windows 8.1
    Games I saw an improvement: None so far
    Games I didn't see an improvement: The Witcher 3; Dying Light; AC:Unity; Wasteland 2

Maybe we can start seeing patterns of which systems see a difference and with what games.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, if I would take a guess I'd say that the only thing that this "tool" changes is the amount of prerendered frames allowed by the driver. You can change it in the control panel yourself without any "tools" or anything and see if that will help with "smoothness".

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, in order to test this tool safely is to create a Windows Restore Point and then install (since we're not sure the uninstaller completely reverts previous values)?

8. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    '
    thats what i did just to be sure

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Excuse us for being skeptical of some random dude coming along claiming 50% performance increases and Software Gsync with and other crap by installing something that might potentially screw the pooch.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Didn't he do the exact same thing with that fake G-Sync hack last year?

Made it private because too many people were calling him out

11. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It's perfectly fine to be skeptical. The dude provides no documentation on what he is doing, and attacks anyone who says anything that's not positive.

I get that people shouldn't be negative immediately, and they really shouldn't, but you REALLY can't blame people for being skeptical of something like that. Of even being afraid to even run it at all, even, because, again, he won't say what he's doing.

12. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    If anyone is interested i have extracted the Inno setup file. Looking at it now to see what goes on.

There is a .reg file in there which looks ok will double check however CompiledCode.bin is embedded so i defo want to have a gander at that.

13. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    It's only the registry values that's getting added. No kernel driver patched or other stuff. If you want to see what's happening or 'fix' something you need to debug/patch the kernel driver. And that will take skill and lot's of time.

14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Well, only thing it gave me were hardlocks when using sony vegas or some other heavy GPU computing.

Uninstalled and i sure hope uninstaller got everything.

15. pflapp

pflapp Member

GPU:
    Asus 6800xt
    tried it..

. GTA V seemed a little better in "consistent" frames so it does something .........however, got back into Chrome & suffered my first ever hard lock. had to power down. Un-installed swiftly, DDU and re-install. Seems all good now. Wouldn't recommend as I don't overclock & have a "very" stable system. This the first hard lock I have had since being on Win10 so I would use at our own risk.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    When people such as him start making outlandish claims, you have to expect the type of responses as seen in this thread.

His claims of how NVidia disabled portions of the GPU on the GTX970 are completely wrong. There is nothing that can be done at software level to impact the performance of the memory subsystem on the GTX970 other than increasing the memory clock using software like MSI Afterburner. There is no magical registry key to make the 0.5GB memory segment operate at full speed.

The registry entries for G-Sync are completely useless unless you actually have a G-Sync enabled display. Whether or not they have any impact for those using a G-Sync enabled display, I'm uncertain, but it is impossible to enable G-Sync on a display that doesn't contain a G-Sync module.

Claiming his "tool" can force use of PCIe 3.0 is a blatant lie, as it's not possible. If I go into UEFI and set PCIe Link Speed to 2.0, there is nothing his "tool" can do about it. If the hardware doesn't support PCIe 3.0, there's nothing his "tool" can do about it. If the system properly supports PCIe 3.0, and it's enabled in UEFI, the system will run it at the correct link speed for PCIe 3.0 unless the driver forces a downgrade to PCIe 2.0 (which is the case on x79 boards).

These are things we know for a fact.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There is a reg key which forces PCIE 3.0 use on X79 chipsets. I strongly suspect that this is the only place where this "tool" forces PCIE 3.0. You can do with NV's official tool btw.

18. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    i think the pcie 3.0 "tweak" just disabling power saving options windows do, NOT make pcie 2.0 chipsets/mobos upgrade to 3.0

his english is broken and things DO get lost in translation

no, he made the gsync tool private cause nvidia removed his nv dev licence and sent him a C&D

i assume he got shutdown by nvidia yet again, which i was expecting

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  19. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    the installer prolly is encrypted with the password it asks for?

20. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I'd like to see some people do benchmarks before and after. Hell the developer of this should do it to provide some proof it actually does anything.

Use fraps in Benchmark mode and capture "frametimes". It will save it to a .csv file which can be opened in Excel.

You can then create a graph in Excel using the data from Fraps benchmark. If it really does make it smoother and remove stutters it should be easily visible in a graph.

Until then I won't believe a bunch of registry changes will do much of anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.