NF Tools by Nabil Fathi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by adolfotregosa, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You sure are as Diablo 3's stuttering has nothing to do with GPU at all.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Lie? I was just commenting on what it looked like. This might be something tool is doing. I have no idea.

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    No noticeable difference (at least for me) in GTA V, DIRT Rally, ARMA III and Diablo 3. Benchmarks show roughly same FPS, tearing is also there.

4. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    same for me ...

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    There must be something else going on here. If all of this stuff he claims to do in this tool is actually possible, I find it very hard to believe that nobody has figured any of it out in the past.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well if his tool mostly creates registry values under driver keys it is believable - not an easy thing to do to dig such registry values in use by system driver.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    D3 has been stuttering for me since I got G-sync which is 1½ year ago. I've done a major HW upgrade in between, still the exact same amount of stuttering.

I'm inclined to try this out just to have D3 run smoothly as it should since it's far from being a demanding game.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    D3 stutters on everything: AMD and NV, older h/w and newer one (which it doesn't load even to 30% of capacity), dual cores and 8C/16T EE CPUs. It's just a bad engine, the stutters come from its resources management.

9. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It doesn't really make a difference on my system."Force use of PCI-E 3.0" didn't work for me, still have to use NV reg hack.It added stutter to benchmark apps but scores remained the same (MHO and Valley).

GTA 5 was always smooth, it added a bit of stutter to that and Witcher 3 is definitely smoother at in game 60 fps but I get hitching, hence why I use 40 fps lock in Inspector, which had more stutters.

It works but like mentioned before, for certain games and configurations I guess.Still an awesome app though.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thank you, there we have it. Does help a little to turn off G-sync but then the whole image gets slightly blurry for some weird reason (when in motion).

11. adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa Active Member

4 unigine heaven runs. Driver 361.60.
    2 runs are with tool installed and 2 without. Now can you tell which graph is which ?

--> Graphs <--

Edit: and 2 more.. This time I let heaven loop 2 times

Graph 1
    Graph 2

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  12. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    Well it did something here.
    - 7 Days to Die now has smoother graphics, although you can't do anything about the bad back end, esp with the server lag.
    - The Witcher 3 is also noticeably smoother!
    - Fallout 4 with VSync on is also smoother.
    - My 780Ti is now also obeying MSI Afterburner and its profiles! However, I must still manually do, nvidiaInspector.exe" -setGpuClock:0,2,1124 -forcepstate:0,2 so it locks in, but that's to be expected.

Win 8.1, 4770K @4.4, 2400mem, 780Ti @1280/3500 and nVidia 359.12 drivers.

I'm going to go dig through the registry changes that it changed. I believe there are some good changes, but also wouldn't be surprised if the author also included redundant flags no longer in use (or are they). I think I'll just pick out what seems good and export those registry settings :D I basically want to see what he is doing, that nVidia Inspector etc, can't change..
    I'm on the G-Sync fence, nothing he says can make it work on Free sync screens, that's a fact going from the screen specifications! Free sync is limited and shall always be at the mercy of any screens refresh range.
    I msg'd the author, he said it doesn't effect GSync but enhances it. I'll be testing that today I guess, but it seemed ok in testing the above games quickly last night and 7D2D over 6hrs+ (I know I am sad!).
    :)

btw, uninstalling the program deletes the registry changes.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  13. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    nope, i got tdr using adobe premiere pro, and this is suposed to avoid tdr so i think this doesn't do anything.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  14. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    so hes actually legit and nvidia are scared? gonna try this tool out now...

15. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    freesync is gsync without the module which does buffering on the monitor side to smooth out framerender time spikes

dude IS legit BUT there is no waranty this tool will improve everyones experience, he does seem to know what hes doing but i be honest he seems pissed off at nvidia which makes him exagerate on nvidias "evil ways"

there is more to this than nvidia locking down features to make money, sure some stuff like gpu emulation passtru lock is to sell more 2000$ quadro cards but some features might be experimental or non stable, but features like disabling max OC lock or clockdown features does improve fps and stability and same can be achieved with bios mod

this one of those tools you gotta try and see if it makes a difference

whoever said that the fps readout screenshot improvement was due vsync is an idiot... you cant improve fps with vsync or make framedraw time less variable with it, LOL. vsync is to limit the max framerate to match the refresh rate not to get better framerates (moron)

16. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Seems fine, tested SW:BF, tested for 20 minutes. Felt "smoother", might be placebo /shrug

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah.

Freesync isn't Gsync without a module which makes what you've said.

Dude is not legit because this tool does nothing.

Vsync as any fps limiter does make frame draw time less variable.

I can definitely see one moron here.

18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Then probably your expert knowledge level in GPU area is much deeper as mine. Because with my limited GPU understanding I completely fail to see any sense in any "technical info" he provides.
    I have more than serious doubts in a developer explaining that he is "adding low-level procedures to kernel" when in fact he is talking about trivial driver registry settings.

P.S. I'm still patiently waiting for his comments on bloatware that slows down the system and that is being installed by MSI Afterburner. I'd also like to know what kind of info is logged by it into cache, as he is claiming.

19. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    we should report this thread

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.