NF Tools by Nabil Fathi

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by adolfotregosa, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    So you can set all those option on or off separately ?

here a comment from him on his site on the gtx970 memory part (I'll paste it as links don't work). I have no idea if any of this works .

https://nabilfathi.word press.com/2016/01/09/nf-tools-beta-for-nvidia-gpus/#more-54 (remove space in wordpress)

Not defective but simply segmented. There is a 3.5gb part and 0.5gb, the 0.5gb segmented part is purposely slowdown by NVIDIA (also disabled to lock the use of certain cuda cores), the GTX 970 is a GTX 980. NVIDIA didn’t want the GTX 970 to be on part with the GTX 980, so to cut the cost, they needed to find a solution to limit the performance of the GTX 970 (using memory segment) you can use both segmented memory at the same time with the same speed with similar performance than non-segmented one, for that you simply need to force the use of both one on the kernel driver, NVIDIA also purposely include algorithm that disable the use of the second segment and lock the possibility to use this one. I simply push the limit to 4Gb and disable their lock process.
    Remember that the GTX 980 contain 16 SMMs.
    3 of them was disable on the GTX 970 (not laser cut) but simply inactive, you can force using them by enabling the No ECC fuse check in Kernel, after it depend the GTX 970 you have, some of them could be defective GTX 980 (from the manufacturer) but all the SMMs is there, you can allow also low-level features that was purposely disabled again by NVIDIA (For example, for the Fermi and Kepler GPU) to force more interest to new GPU, the fact that NVIDIA didn’t really improve their GPU but simply the computing/algorithm (hard/soft-coded) the way we use their GPU.
    You don’t need to flash the GTX 970 to GTX 980, the problem come from the Kernel Driver itself not the Bios of your GPU. the Bios of your GPU is only here to recognize the identity of your GPU without the driver, your GPU is useless, the GPU controller need directive without directive, it doesn’t know how to work and when.
    We should not speculate on the L2 defective, when it is not defective, simply segmented to slowdown the GPU with the help of the NVIDIA Kernel driver. It is creepy from NVIDIA, their Kernel Driver enable lot of unnecessary features to slowdown your system or log everything you do.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    His reply is very detailed and beyond what the average user would know. I haven't checked the site out, but, if what he's saying is right, then, GTX 970 users should see at least some performance benefit.

Please confirm this?

3. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    saw his reply and yeah he seems to know more than the avg user, so far he has posted several tools and none of them had backdoors,malware,miners or anything like it

and no all those features are patched in at install, no option other than selecting which gpu manu to patch (intel, amd, nvidia)

4. Super1

Super1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I really hope it's real!

5. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well I bit the bullet and tried it out on my desktop. I'm not sure if it's a placebo affect or not but my games do seem to run A LOT smoother than before. For example GTA5 would bounce around 50-61 fps(by what afterburner displays) now it stays at a constant 60. I've boosted the AA up and a few other things to "push" mem usage above 3.5 and I didn't lose any fps and stayed smooth as silk. Really seems to shine when I'm out where a lot of foliage is and the fps counter stayed constant(as before it would stutter a lot). I even noticed a temperature decrease of about 5-6 degrees. Like I said, all I did was uninstall old drivers. reinstalled them, followed by this tool and I'd have to say it does do something that is helping performance. Gonna keep my eye on this. Plus I have only tried GTA5, was gonna try the new Batman, but it has a 1 gig patch that needs to install and my internet is SUPER DUPER SLOW. I'll report back on other things I notice. Keep up the good work.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'd love that "know more than avg user" to back up the statement he made:

"Do not use MSI and EVGA Overclocking tools, they mainly come with bloatware that slowdown your system and log information in cache, I know that you use to use this but careful with this, they make conflict."

Bloatware in MSI AB that slow down the system and log info in cache? Really?

7. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Well, on one hand, his list of fixes is kinda weird, i'll admit.

On the other hand, a ton of people said a bunch of **** about DDU when it came out, saying stuff like how it doesn't work, that it's a virus, that it's redundant etc, now everyone praises it and use it religiously on every driver install.

If this is a virus, coin miner etc, it'll be revealed soon enough. Let's see!

8. adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa Active Member

Well, I finally had the time to try it out for myself. Honestly I'm yet to notice something different. But i'm probably not the best person to clearly spot something since I'm already used to g-sync smoothness. I haven't noticed anything different with GTA V, both full screen and window mode.

Anyhow, I have a saying.. we only notice something after we lose it so I'll keep the tool installed and will use the computer normally for a week. After a week I'll remove it and only then If there is something to gain on my system I should be able to notice it. At least that's the plan :nerd::wanker::):cop:

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I decided to test this on my side.
    The tool add a bunch of regkeys to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DXGKrnl

I didn't personally see any improvement.
    I didn't really check a lot if there is some malware or else installed in the background. So use with caution... (personally I'm removing it as I don't see the benefit.)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  10. adolfotregosa

adolfotregosa Active Member

Glad to see you here. I'm on the same boat.. nothing yet. But did you find anything like files that get patched ?? You only saw regkeys ???

oh oh, Thank you for your awesome tools !!

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Your welcome.

I only saw regkeys but I didn't do deep research. Its already uninstalled.

12. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Just installed it, played a few games and this is what I have to say: It works. Although your mileage may vary.

Diablo 3: It really smoothed out the frametimes, it's not stuttering at all anymore, which to me is huge because up until now the annoying stuttering from d3 was the only thing preventing me to really spend some time playing it.

World of Warcraft: No improvement

Battlefield 4: No improvement

Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Silky smooth frametimes, the micro stuttering in it is gone. The game was always playable but now its 100% perfect.

Fallout 4: Vsync works better. It's giving way less input lag, I'm not having to limit pre-rendered frames to 1 anymore.

So, mixed results but overall it works, I'm very impressed.

13. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Did a couple more tests with Watch Dogs and Diablo 3. They both run butter smooth now. It's not a placebo effect... I have always had stuttering issues in D3 and they are for sure gone. It's crazy. I have ran a bunch of virus/malware programs and nothing comes up. I have no programs running eating up processes, and nothing abusing my internet. Seems legit, but I'm just a simple guy, so I could be wrong.......

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Star Citizen seems to benefit hugely from this. Thanks to the author.

15. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    gave these a go on my system, tried CSGO and BF4 so far, no noticeable improvements.

gonna load up assassin's creed syndicate in an hour or so and see if i can notice anything.

i'm on windows 10 and 359.00 WHQL

update: still getting screen tearing here and there in assassin's creed syndicate; other games don't look or feel any better/smoother performance wise, and FPS is pretty much identical with or without the program installed.

the changelog may look impressive and all but, there's nothing backing it up. for all we know, the people claiming that they're getting performance boosts could be the simple fact that they've performed a clean install of their drivers (or rather updated them to more recent drivers that had improvements for said game).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Placebo is in full force in this thread.

His reply is simply bull****.

17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470

Diablo 3:

Using the tool:
    [​IMG]

Not using anything:
    [​IMG]

Man I'm loving this placebo!

18. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i tried this crap and all i can say it's just a crap from an idiot ,it decreased my FPS in GTA 5

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That looks like one has forced vsync and the other does not.

20. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Look I have 0 reasons to lie, people here and in the asus forums had good results. I've been having problems with stuttering in a few games and it helped immensely. But apparently some already know everything and will say things before trying them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.