Mad Max game from Just Cause 2 devs announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 11, 2013.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah I got bored of the slow combat and exploring around, eventually just enabled god mode and infinite shotgun ammo to just blast through the story, not bad in the end.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Another patch was released. :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/490123938441835419/

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Awesome update.

4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Is there any way to disable DOF? I can't stand it outside of cinematics.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Hit 100 Hours on Mad Max! A special screenshot to commemorate the moment. Witness me!!

[​IMG]

6. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Hope you solved this by now ;)
    To keep playing is the solution. The map will re-appear automagically after a while.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Good to see them still patching, even if I finished it long ago and will never get to experience the changes :)

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Finally got this friday on steam, and damn I'm loving it. First i will say how happy i was to see that I'm able to run it in 1080p with max settings and a super smooth framerate. This game is like a hybrid of just cause 2, far cry 3, and flatout. I've been a fan of the mad max franchise since i was a kid back in the 80's, and I say that Avalanche did a great job with this one. Staying true to the atmosphere and freakiness of t he wasteland.

9. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I love this game. I've got it maxed out with 3k DSR at a constant 60fps. I also use K-Putt's SweetFX preset to sharpen up the DOF blur and make the game look a bit more vibrant.

10. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I've completed the main game and I'm trying to 100% it. According to the game I've done 1/2 minefields in Grit Canyons. Neither minefield is showing on the map after driving near them and the dog isn't reacting to either, which indicates that I've completed both. Anyone else had this problem?

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Yeah I had issues in Pink Eye's Territory had to find a map on google with all the mine field locations and drive around to each one until the dog started barking, the game has a few bugs but overall I enjoyed it and I think they captured the Mad Max atmosphere really well, hopefully they'll patch all these bugs sooner or later.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Apparently, Mad Max was ported to Vulkan:

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/news/753/

Could be another game to add to the list of "Vulkan benchmarks."

I can only find Linux benchmarks though on NVidia cards, and at least there, the performance boost for Vulkan over OpenGL is huge:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-vlk-madmax

This looks like a 100% improvement in many places, which sounds rather insane. I'm not sure I trust the results. Let's wait for Windows benchmarks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's only for the Linux version of the game. :)
    https://steamdb.info/app/234140/history/

Wouldn't mind seeing some of Warner's (The publisher.) PC games updated to Vulkan or DX12 though, would certainly help as long as it's done right. :D
    (Mad Max already runs extremely well on Windows though via DX11, Avalanche did a pretty good job though their US branch did a bit more to the engine for Just Cause 3 and it doesn't rune quite as well. :p )

EDIT: Actually I could be wrong. :)
    (But all those depots indicate Linux only and I believe this is the company in charge of the Linux port of the game.)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I just tried with vulkan beta. Still runs DX11 on Win 10.

Game does run amazingly for DX11 even @ 3840x1600 70hz on ultra.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Hm, weird. Vulkan is multi platform, why limit it to Linux for this game? I hope they intend to use it on Windows too. Not because the game doesn't run well (it runs VERY well), but mostly because we don't have too many Vulkan games right now. On every benchmark, it's the same games over and over again. We need more :p

And you know what? 4K@120FPS would be nice, right? :)

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Because it's Feral that added Vulkan Support. Feral does Linux ports only.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Still, "4K@120FPS only on Linux" would be rather disappointing :p Even if Feral does Linux ports, the main dev team could pick the Vulkan work up and add it to the Windows version. If they're still around, that is... I'm not sure Mad Max did that well when it comes to sales.

18. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Well i got to play it again, in different circumstances, 2k all maxed out, and it still holds incredibly.
    Its one of the underrated gems of the past 10 years, and it would be fantastic if a sequel would be made.

A bigger desert land, more carnage, a better story, or at least better told, would make the sequel a instant classic.

TR2N, FatBoyNL, Lbuipo and 1 other person like this.