AMD Radeon Crimson 16.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jan 7, 2016.

1. gwarth

gwarth Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I'm not using radeonpro only have it installed. So good idea is to uninstall RP, Afterburner, clean registry, reinstall drivers and next stop using those programs? They causing this 20% fan bug?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Reinstall drivers after DDU AND stay away from Overdrive (nothing good is coming from it), drivers caused the 20% fan bug.

Once overdrive is enabled the only way to disable it is drivers reinstall, there is another possible method to do it but i'm not the one trying it!

:D

Adjust fan profile with AB.

3. gwarth

gwarth Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    As I mention earlier (or not :p ) I don't touch overdrive since crimsons came out, only use afterburner to set a fan speed. AND also after reboot in most cases AB turn those damn fans to manual. If I forget to double check then I have...

This is not normal at all. AMD c'mon.

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    overclocking with afterburner works fine just not with overdrive

5. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    I wonder why VSR pulls down from 144 to 60Hz like it'd really send 4k feed to my 1440p monitor, then it also disables FreeSync what forces me to use V-sync.
    This kinda kills the whole purpose I bought this expensive monitor.

The reason I'm right now pondering in this issue is because new RPG's have been played through and I'm kinda trying to make Mass Effects to be amazing, but dont feel like trying workarounding GeDoSaTo for Win10.

6. Kiteri

Kiteri Member

GPU:
    vega64
    cnext.exe still crashes from time to time. I am rolling back 15.11.1 until they fix those crimson related bugs. I don't get this crimson bull**** anyway. Why they implemented this new panel, yet old CCC is still there, with a lot of options still remained there. Looks really half assed, I don't like it.

7. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Seems they removed the option on the additional page to "enable crossfire on DX9/10/11 games that have no profile".

Haven't tried any games yet but I had a few that worked with that option.

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    /edit please delete does not carry over.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Actually I was impressed by the gaming app. Plays.tv quality was good when it recorded my gaming similar to shadowplay I noticed it had recorded after some games tho :D totally missed the fact that it was on.

Seems the gaming evolved app is coming on nicely actually.

10. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    I also experience this (OCed my monitor to 75 Hz) with 15.11.1 (non-Crimson). Rest assured it is not sending 4k signal to your monitor because if it did, you'd get an out-of-range message from your monitor. This is a bug in VSR. In my case, it seems you can work around it if you alt+tab to your desktop and back; this should set the refresh rate in the game to the same value as the refresh rate of your desktop.

P.S. You can force any AA type in Mass Effect if you use the Mass Effect AA profile in RadeonPro; I am not sure about CCC/Crimson, though. VSR will never give you the same quality as AA does, especially with the ultra crappy downscaling algorithm AMD is using which blurs the hell out of everything and isn't that successful in fixing Aliasing either.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I think i found a ''bug'' on these drivers 16.1 Hotfix on my R9 380 4G,
    When i watch movies on MPC-HC suddenly freezing for 1-2 sec's and continues,
    i didint have this problem previously.

anyone else?

--MPC-HC 1.7.10.56

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  12. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    k-lite codec pack 11.7.5 standard no problems. at least on 1080p.

13. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm running Firefox Nightly 64 bit and all Flash content is crashing on me. I narrowed down the problem to HWA set enabled in the Flash settings. The crashes only happen with the beta versions of Flash 20. The latest one is 285.

I really don't know if it's Crimson 16.1, Flash, or Firefox. The stable version of Flash 20 267 works fine.

Anyone come across this problem or perhaps can test it out? It might not be just a Nightly issue.

14. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I tracked the problem down. If interested here's the bug report:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1240220

15. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - I tend to agree, AMD have enough problems with the actual driver itself..
    - especially with regard to basic crossfire functionality..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016

16. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I have bug in video setting, if i set custom brightness after PC restart it go to 100% and all video are black, i can use only default profile.

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I think as long as Crimson has been around I have had troubles with netflix in Firefox browser. It chugs hard and causes my whole pc to move slow when playing. No issue in Chrome, but I dislike chrome because I can't have space bar set to my mouse to continue playing.

18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    So, i was trying some other AMD gpu in my PC (R9 270x) and had to uninstall 16.1 with DDU, and after I did everything, i uninstalled drivers again, put my GPU in the case, installed drivers, but Radeon Settings won't show when i right click or not in the down there, near the clock. I tried uninstalling it with ddu again (multiple times), but still the same thing. Radeon Settings can be opened, but it won't show in mentioned places, as it was there before. Any idea on how to fix this?

19. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    same happened to me. tried ddu, amd uninstall program (with the green amd icon) no luck.
    got it working by uninstalling through windows "uninstall or change a program"
    if it's not showing on windows uninstall, try that fail install again and then uninstall through windows.

20. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    I still have issues with black textures in GTA V......all textures turn black except the sky. Had to roll back to 15.11. Never had this issue before Crimson.

Here is an example.

[​IMG]