Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TekkMarine, Jan 16, 2016.

1. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Hello :)

When are we likely to see GPUs & Monitors with DP 1.3?

Thinking it would be a good time to sell off my parts now while warranty is still intact. For the most part I'm just waiting to play Star Citizen which isn't going to see a full release until 2017. The only games I play at the moment are ones that really don't require the use of a top spec monitor and gpu.

Thoughts?
    Sell everything or should I just auction off the GPU & Monitor?

- TeKK

2. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Sounds more like downgrade help

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    :grin:

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    ok i'm bored (wth).................So you want to sell your 980Ti so you can upgrade?...gtx titan z(4-way Quad SLI)?

5. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Read the first post rather than making stupid comments towards the thread title. It's not very productive to the forums members.

I just wanted someones opinion on selling my parts while I could still get some decent cash out of them. The original question was when are we likely to see DisplayPort 1.3 GPU's arrive this year?

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    3,197 Jan 2011 vs 1,160 Jan 2008, I've met some really some nice people in G3D that have been productive in helping me advance my knowledge. Point being, don't try to substitute your failed social life on forums.

- TeKK

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I apologize for anything I said that upset you...Could you find it in your heart to forgive me?...:)

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    You are indeed forgiven Airbud, I was a little out of line in my response to you both.

Back on topic, selling the monitor and moving my rig downstairs in the TV room.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

I would keep it all Tekk/ no sell nothing....But thats just me buddy....:)

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Depends,but new GPU should be here sometimes in I would only guess around Q2 or Q3 2016 and monitors are already in production with DP 1.3,although there are few monitors with HDMI 2.0

Sell or auction off everything,this depends,my friend auction for me last time my EVGA 980Ti FTW and highest bid which I've got has been £440 and at the end buyer didn't paid,right now there are lots of 980Ti for sale and people can choose and buy one,few months back everything has been bit different there

CPU with motherboard if you want to sell,again you will see what is best for you,you can try to auction,hard to recommend or sell yours PC as whole and then you can build again.

Hope this helps there

Thanks,Jura

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I'm seeing completed listings for about £450, that's about £100 shy off its actual price mark. Ill try putting the whole rig up for sale, otherwise ill take the bite when DP1.3 hits the market.

13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I would try at least put the PC for sale or put components for sale and then you will decide there

£100 is not big hit,few months back,my friend sold his used EVGA GTX 980Ti for £495 and this hasn't been like mine FTW or like you have SC,he sold normal 980Ti ACX 2.0 for that money,this has been in November I think,he paid for his card £520 I think in total

With CPU and Motherboard this should sell well there,but as usually depends on MB maker,how much you will and can get

Saw some crazy prices for same PC like you have and really you need to see and try if this will work for you there

I've sold few month back lot lesser spec PC for £1200,spec has been

P6T SE,X5670 OC to 4,2GHz,32GB RAM,R9 290 TRI-X OC,2x SSD(840 PRO 512GB)750W PSU and two U2410 monitors

From personal point of view,I will be too upgrading my PC,I'm thinking go route of the Xeon again(X99 or LGA 2011v3) etc sometimes this year,but all depends on more factors if I would upgrade or I will wait few months,I don't game on my PC,my PC is mainly used as render workstation,but lack of SATA ports and AVX is killing me

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

14. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Would you not attack him like that please?

I take exception to that. He is much younger than us and handles himself better than most members here.

Specifically in this instance, you. Grow up.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    It's all settled Nexxusting, no need to waste the keystroke life on your keyboard,

16. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Best Z97 manufacturer on the market imo.

17. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Sadly not,I've only bad experience with Gigabyte stuff,I've now UD3R which is pain in arse if I can put this mildly,they're somewhere in middle pack or I would rather say,they're cheapest on Z97,if its budget,I always will go with Asus

Friend have Z97 Asus and he went from Gigabyte too,he sold his as has have lots features,but still Asus has been bit better in other stuff

But if you are happy,then this is counts most of the time,personally I wouldn't touch anything what is called Gigabyte although I've one,with previous P6T SE I've been able to run 200X21 all the time and with this Gigabyte UD3R I'm not able to run that,RAM are same etc,cooling is bit better,on UD3R I'm running 175X24

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Well ive just sold an Asus rampage formula + i7 4820 + 16 gskill ripjawz 2300hz +corsair 750psu + phanteks pro m case and sbz soundcard as a whole and only got £350 for the lot so dont expect to get only 100 quid less than what you paid...yes you might have a 97 chipset but its a buyers market not sellers.