R7 360 - Problems since Crimson

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Marty, Jan 6, 2016.

1. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    15.11 works for the general desktop, no BSOD's, just crashes on running that one game?

In this case you might want to try playing around with a 15.11 driver base with older D3D DLL's copied in to the Smite game folder. Check out this awesome thread, you might just find older DLLs that Smite starts with and runs stable on.
    ---This would probably be alot easier than constant driver reinstallation also, but unfortunately I've never played Smite and have no idea which driver versions work well with it.

2. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    My uninformed brother just toasted his r9 290 fitted with accelero IV cooler (which i built for him) by installing the bugged drivers since he doesn't monitor GPU temp.

The problem first started with the card losing display or pc shutting down, I came to check the pc and the GPU idle at 66 degree and temp getting uncontrollable during load then it just lost display, after that the PC could only boot in safe mode or without drivers, if I boot in normal mode with driver install only to get BSOD at startup with error ATIKMPAG.exe (reinstalling windows also get the same error)

Just replace the GPU and everything is working fine now so i guess AMD kinda screw people over lol

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    LOL so it's gone :wanker:

I've also stopped paying attention to temps since installing AC4. Should I be worried about the Crimson?

4. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    People who used Afterburner's software fan-ramp control were protected against when this happened on NVidia's drivers. The friends that I have who've been impacted by the recent AMD side seem to indicate the same works. (eg, they only noticed it when they closed Afterburner)

-If you're really worried, an OSD while gaming and or setting a software fan-ramp is probably the only good way to get peace of mind about it. (also good practice regardless to watch temps, fan failures happen -- not just because of software)

5. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    nah I only used Heaven benchmark and stopped when the card hit 88 degrees (still below 95 degree which AMD said was safe lol), that put the axe on the card apparently :/, i guess the card was long gone before that.

on my rig i always monitor my system 24/7 lol, which helped me detect pump failure on my corsair H80

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    my eyes have been glued on OSD, but after getting AC4 temps are great so I stopped worrying.

problem being... if you're hitting 88C with AC4, your VRM1 is ~110C
    AC4 needs to be modded to get the best out of it.
    stock 290/X cooler is atrocious but it does a decent job with VRMs

7. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    The point here is that even the high end cards can fall victim to faulty drivers scares me lol, as opposed to people are saying only lower end card were toasted by AMD buggy driver, and FYI i cut the VRM cooling from the stock cooler, vrm temp were great if not for the crap driver slowing down the fans toasting the thing