Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Nah dude I already said those are facts you are wrong. Sorry that is the rules.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Revives give you 25 if you don't charge your pedals, or they give 100 for each revive if you know how to play medic. And with a tugs you can make three to four spot assists, which gives you 75 to 100 too if done right, and you don't even need to do much for it.

3. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I miss bc2 sniper. Damn I ran around like i did with the awp in counter strike source I was a bad ass with it not i can't even begin to do it in 3 or 4.

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Actually, that was what I meant. Quick-scopers. I haven't had much trouble with them the last few years which is why I couldn't remember the term.

I think in FPS's of the past, it was a viable derogatory because it was usually a way to try and 'cheat the system'. In a multiplayer environment that tried to balance itself, there should have been a distinct disadvantage to using a sniper rifle against ppl with SMG's and even ARs. So yea, there was something to it. But of course, that was really more about the limits of FPS's up until about 5-6 years ago: small maps sizes, the bandwidth and netcode issues, whether a game's damage model was good or bad.

I still saw it on CoD this past fall when I played. Didn't bother me as much because I saw maybe 1 time where somebody tried it while chasing me around a corner and it actually worked.

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    the9quad, I agree with all of that and think it would def bring back the magic of 1942.

That would kick ass.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I don't see it that way.

Ease of use vs reward.

The ability to do this:

Requires a short, but strong burst of usage skill which is much greater then a SMG/LMG/AR in CQC.

SMG/LMG/AR user could've dodged out of the shot but didn't.

Which leads me to my next point:

DICE believes that it is OK to have more network latency on animations then on damage. I don't think this is OK at all. How can the SMG/LMG/AR user time his dodge to counter this action when the animation of the guy lining up his shot is visually postponed???

There's also a reason why many CoD infantry players flock to BF, whilst not entirely enjoying the vehicle experience. BF offers a more "skilled" variation of similar gameplay imo.

There's a fine line and yet a big difference between "distinct advantage" and being completely defenseless.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    imho that what you see isn't what's happening is a big problem in any fps, and with BF it's ridiculous at times. I personally would prefer it to be slower, yet both would be synchronised, but I'm not at that competative edge ;)

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    You can be the co-President brogan in our brave new world.

9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, that kind of was my point. You shouldn't be able to do that, like ever. There should be no reward in that above scenario for a sniper rifle user simply because he is skilled at traditional sniping with a steady mouse-hand. It's like saying an elite golfer should excel at competitive weightlifting. It's 2 different actions entirely.

Think about it... watch those 6 seconds again...

Achieving a headshot ... with a sniper rifle (not automatic fire with an AR/SMG/LMG that allows you to miss multiple times) on a moving target, while getting shot, while running?

I mean, maybe once in like... 3 months of playing...

This is what I mean when I say there should be that disadvantage. These weps were never designed to run and gun with. And it's been a 'cheat' in FPS's that we've lived with forever.

Now, that said... I agree 100% with your point about latency and animation delay. I hate it as well and hope that with BF5 they adapt a new system, or engine that gets it right finally.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's not really a cheat, it's skill to use a weapon in a scenario which it was not designed for, 'outskilling' your gun's weaknesses. I know those people are annoying, but I feel much more annoyed by other things to be honest.
    Like a tank taking 5 RPG hits... with the newly introduced reduction of damage depending on your angle towards a vehicle, it might even take more than 5 infantry missiles (rpgs technically) to get a tank down. Haven't had the feeling that my tank was too weak before when using one...

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I do this quite consistently in BC2, but it's still rather hard to pull off.

The disadvantage is already there:
    • 1 shot, 1 chance
    • 10x more muscle memory and precision required then the LMG user
    • Way quicker reactions required

Actually I would even say the LMG user is punished for being so damn inaccurate and not timing his mobility properly.

I would've zoomed my AR, fired a strong burst into the chest/neck/head area, dodged, sniper misses, then finish it off with an aggressive hipfire to the face. After all, if he misses the shot, he's defenseless for x milliseconds.

No offense, but I'm getting tired of the "rock/paper/scissors" gameplay some BF players expect.

There's very little a sniper can do in CQC vs a proper player wielding an AR/LMG/... and they've even stripped the snipers from that 1 shot, 1 chance.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea those people are annoying but i wouldnt say its a cheat, its a skill. But its not the worst thing in the game.

Agree with fantaskarsef, its not even worth going engineer since it takes so many rockets to take out a tank.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I still have engineer as my most played class, because usually nobody picks it :D

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive been trying to get into it! Nothing better than placing few mines and getting a kill later on in the game :D

Found some dude on youtube who talks about BF1982, i think its just his wish list for BF5. I like his ideas for air units: no 3d spotting, no auto repair, limited ammo. Basically BF2, that sounds good.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    In 8VS8 a similar problem seems to arise. Not even worth going anti air, as the odds of you SMAW'ing the choppers is pretty much the same as a stinger/igla and the SRAW doesn't do enough damage.

GG DICE.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Stinger/igla is useless, ive taken out more choppers with SMAW. Its very annoying when you are so useless against vehicles. It really is a love/hate relationship with BF :D

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well 3D spotting is clearly "the" most hated feature from me. Totally killed the tactical use of smoke grenade etc...

Really if i had one thing to remove forever to any BF franchise game it would be this more than anything else.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Heh weird, still playing IGLA with great joy on Siege. :devil:

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Agreed, this was never an issue before BF4 (I think).