HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Has anyone found till now a good way to have hbao in Fallout 4 ? (without a massive fps loss ofc..). And without bleeding?

2. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Do someone know how to enable AO in DCS world 1.5/2.0???...it doesnt work anymore since those versions come out...

3. kanuuna

kanuuna New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I played some more of DE:HR Director's Cut (DX11) with the edited Project CARS flag. It's far from perfect with fog (sometimes shows through, other times works fine), and there's some dialogue sequences where it flickers, though not all that violently. It's hard to recommend as is, though when it works it does look alright.

I also briefly tested the same flag with Tomb Raider in DX11. Looks better than the default Project CARS flag there, too, but the changes I posted don't really fix the issues it has by default. It's just more subtle.
    Worth noting on the case of Tomb Raider: you need to disable Post-Processing in the options to disable the default SSAO. Changing the SSAO setting in the options actually doesn't do anything. So if you want HBAO, you'll miss bloom etc.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  4. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    anyone has already an HBAO+ bit for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen? it will be out on 4 days, but it's already leaked, so if anyone has it, it would be good to have an HBAO+ bit for the release date

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Not surprising it lumps it's PP all in one uber pass like some others. (Cough, most UE3 games in the last 3 years or so)

6. Gitaroo

Gitaroo Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670/2 gigs
    Reshade AO works but performence drop is quite big and bleeding is bad. Test with RE 6, RE5 and Revelation bit, not working.

7. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Funny revelation: after wrestling for hours trying to get the AO to respect bloom and the UI in Blade & Soul, I find out that just changing the second parameter match masking bit (00 00 00 00) fixes the issue. (Also has to be the right insertion point, naturally. Very interesting how that PMM changes that.)

Really wish I had a manual for this stuff now. So much trial and error. Well, at least I got results in the end!

Anyway, here's the custom AO profile for Blade & Soul:
    AE B8 80 18 00 00 B0 18 85 50 BF 0A 00 00 00 00

It's probably a bit dark (edit: after looking at the comparison pics again, yes, it is VERY dark... whoops. Changed strength to 'A', seems to work better. Screenshots updated.). Also haven't had a chance to check how well it works outside of character creation, so it may bleed through fog (and it DOES bleed through god rays). I'll likely update this again after headstart begins.

Comparison pics:

No AO #1 | In-game AO Enabled #1 | HBAO+ Enabled #1 (Strength B) | HBAO+ Enabled #1 (Strength A)
    No AO #2 | In-game AO Enabled #2 | HBAO+ Enabled #2 (Strength B) | HBAO+ Enabled #2 (Strength A)
    No AO #3 | In-game AO Enabled #3 | HBAO+ Enabled #3 (Strength B) | HBAO+ Enabled #3 (Strength A)

I threw in some in-game AO pics, but note that the in-game AO is bugged when using SGSSAA (which I am using in those shots). It's still obviously really bad AO, however.

As for Dragon's Dogma, has anyone tried the custom profiles for Dragon's Dogma Online for it? I'm not pirating the game, so I can't check it until release.

Edited to add:

I've found Project Cars's profile (0x00160000) actually works with Warframe. However, it's so incredibly subtle (even at strength F) that I have a hard time telling it's on without a direct screenshot comparison.

No AO #1 | HBAO+ Enabled #1
    No AO #2 | HBAO+ Enabled #2

I have found that one easy way to tell whether or not it's working in-game is to simply press escape while staring at your character's back. When going into the menu, your character gets taken out of the depth buffer (note that this also happens with reshade's AO, meaning it's a quirk of the game, rather than a bug), so the AO that was on them disappears. Very useful for testing, to say the least.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  8. roxahris

roxahris Guest

9. kanuuna

kanuuna New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Shame, I guess there's some experimenting to be done with DD then. If nothing ends up working in the end, hopefully Boris' ENB will provide another solution.

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Could probably be fixed easily if the bleeding is just the problem through fog.

11. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    It looks a bit... "Soft", it just looks strong because of the fog, but on the map and characters it's almost invisible

12. roxahris

roxahris Guest

It's not the fog causing problems, but the transparent textures used for spell effects, halos around lights, and smoke.

For example, the halo around enchanted weapons, and the spells around the boss. Also in the previous shot, around lanterns.

13. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    That is indeed the sort of thing that can only be fixed by messing around with the insertion bits and PMM bits.

I'm currently messing around again with DDON, maybe I can figure something out.

Edit: Have you tried using my settings for it?

AE 38 00 18 00 00 00 18 65 20 B8 08 00 00 00 00

It won't solve the issue, but it might make it a bit less egregious.

The weird thing is that turning off that one PMM bit for Blade & Soul fixed this exact issue for me in that game, but DDON's profile doesn't have that bit set, so something else has to change.

Time for more trial and error, eh?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I say fog because that's how the driver pretty much sees it.
    Look at my post for Tales of Zestiria for an example of this.

Fog fade off, Fog amount if done right could potentially fix it.

15. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Try this, having 8 instead of 1,2,3 usually fixes bleeding for me but you can run into flickering, which if ur lucky enough, can be later fixed with PMM values, I don't think you can fix bleeding while "Inserting AO at Present".

AE 88 00 18 00 00 00 18 65 20 B8 08 00 00 00 00

Best of luck :eyes:

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You could with Ao at present, just depends on the game probably.

17. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Here's a comparison w/ tomb raider dx11, maybe not the best example but one nonetheless

HBAO+

[​IMG]

OFF

[​IMG]

18. Dreadmoth

Dreadmoth Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
  19. kanuuna

kanuuna New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Did you apply the Hex edit I posted earlier? Looks a tad stronger than what I remember my case looking like.
    Also one thing to note about Tomb Raider and HBAO - the effect doesn't work with Super Sampling enabled (in my experience).

Edit: I'll maybe post a screenshot or two now that I've managed to fill the 5 post quota to be able to post stuff.

20. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    I have no clue how the hex thing works, how would i do this?