Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. JustGecko

JustGecko Guest

GPU:
    8 Gb
    Can you help how to install it manually? I cant, because it says no need in update :c

2. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Umm, that's how I installed it manually (make sure to be in test mode):
    1. Open your device manager
    2. Go to your graphics card and press right click on it -> Update Driver Software
    3. Choose: Browse my computer for driver software
    4. Choose: Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    5. Press on "Have Disk" and search for your inf file.
    It's located in YourDriverFolder\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF
    6. Pick one of the 3 .inf files in there. (I think I used C0297971.inf)
    7. You should now see your GPU series(FLEM MOD) in the drivers list.
    8. Pick it from the list and continue to install it. Reboot afterwards.

3. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
  4. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    tried 3 .inf files, all i get is hash isnt present our corrupted files :/ :sad:

5. JustGecko

JustGecko Guest

GPU:
    8 Gb
    you are a god! thank you, worked. :)

6. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Hehe, glad that it's working for you now :)

7. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    I guess it worked

[​IMG]

8. pseudo555

pseudo555 Member

GPU:
    sapphire R580
    Where can i found this one ?

9. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    I don't think you will.... it was a typo, it should be 15.9.1 which supports legacy cards.

10. pseudo555

pseudo555 Member

GPU:
    sapphire R580
    Legacy cards is a bad term from my pov, as it's only regroups the HD 5000 and HD6000.

In my case (hd4000), which is also a legacy card, this driver is not compatible.
    Btw: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...ition-16.1-NonGCN-Products-Release-Notes.aspx (hd 5000/6000)

But ok, card like mine haven't got an update since 2013...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

11. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Who said anything about the 6xxx being legacy? yes the 15.9.1 are the latest to support legacy cards and the 5xxxx was declared legacy too last year.Actually coming to think of it, it's only a matter of time that the 6xxxx join that group which is not so far away.:giggle2:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    site is down

13. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Site back up again, it reached the peak amount of bandwidth and got throttled by the host.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    HD 6000 is Legacy and it was moved to Legacy at the same time as the HD 5000 series.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

15. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Thanks for the attempted correction which is irrevelant at this point, sorry bud at that time only 5XXX were legacy and if you read my post it was only a matter of time before they became that too.
    Now both are in the legacy category and AMD have shifted focus to GCN cards.
    Thankfully they built a crimson driver for that lot too.

16. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    No, the HD 5000 and 6000 series were moved to Legacy at exactly the same time. 6000 didn't get any longer driver support than 5000.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

17. WolfReiser

WolfReiser Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon 5650/4250
    Hi

I have 2 cards in my laptop: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650/4250 and a 64bit Windows 7.
    I installed 15.7.1 driver with files from 12.5 beta driver (newer versions support only one card: 5650 or 4250, when 12.5 supports both)
    Driver installed without any errors, but only on 5650. 4250 returns error 43.
    I checked the list on the website - both cards are supported.

What can I do to make it work properly?
    (Sorry for my bad english :) )

18. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    • Try modding for the 4250 separately by selecting it from the drop-down list and mod it using legacy drivers compatible with that card.(Use a freshly extracted driver package, not the one you modded)
    • Then uninstall the 4250 driver from device manager.
    • Install the newly modded driver using device manager.
    • Reboot
    • Disable driver Signature Enforecement.
    Or alternatively

1. Make two separate packages of the same driver for each card by selecting it from the drop-down list and using the correct files from the legacy packages that work for each card separately.(Remember to use a freshly extracted driver package for each card mod)
    2. Run DDU in safe mode.
    3. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    4. Install the newly created driver packages for each card one by one in Device manager

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  19. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Anyone got the latest 16.4.1 Hotfix working on legacy?

20. routergray

routergray Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X300
    Successful MOD ATI Mobility Radeon X300

You guys might remember me from way back in this thread when I was beating my head against DirectX getting better at the expense of OpenGL sucking worse and worse after about the middle of the 8.x legacy Mobility Radeon drivers. I was running XP and Windows 7 at the time.

Well, I kicked XP off my system, finally, and now I'm mainly hanging out in Windows 7. I have Windows 10 on here but I can't quit hating it enough to be in it much, but anyway, to the point. Running Windows 7 means I can use FLEM the way it is intended, and I want to report that I have a driver-only install running smooth as silk of the AMD 15.7.1 driver with the four core files and the OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) pulled from a 9.3 legacy Mobility driver.

Edit to add, I'm getting the BSOD during reboot that's mentioned on FLEM's homepage forum, MULTIPLE_IRP whatever, but it seems to be happening late enough in the shutdown process that my disk writes are all finished, I'm not getting chkdsk coming up when the system comes back up. Looking back at my own posts, back when I was still mostly in XP, it looks like the 13.x didn't suffer the bluescreen, I think I'll revisit them and see what happens now that I'm in Windows 7 and more educated on this.

Edit, again, I've modded 13.12 WHQL and used my same 9.3 core files, and I'm happy to report that solved the bluescreen at reboot issue and everything is now running fine. GPU CAPS viewer recent versions crash now, but I went back and grabbed version 1.7.0, the first one released after my 9.3 legacy driver, and it runs. I also tried the atioglxx.dll from the 10.2 legacy driver and it works too, no noticeable difference in performance or stability so far.

DXVA Checker has this to say:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016