Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed, this game was quite a surprise for me. Bought it just so my bro & me could play coop and now its getting better & better. (Just playing coop not PvP)

2. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    New patch. Game is so much fun. Every week getting a larger peak number of players too this week I think it hit 20k (via steam). Played last night, matchmaking was much better, no dropped games, and no rubber banding. Also my performance i so much better, still no CFX support, but I've got a solid 80-100 fps now with the settings tweaked, and it still looks pretty much the same.

Patch notes

Hit Registration Improvements
    Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles
    With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.

Data center selection is now possible (PC users only, for now)
    PC users can change their default data centers in the Rainbow Six game settings file (gamesettings.ini), which is usually located in the ‘My Documents\My Games\your Uplay ID’ folder. Change the DataCenterHint value from ‘default’ to the region’s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. The available region short names can be found just above the DataCenterHint line.

Note that we are planning to eventually expose this in the in-game UI for all platforms and this PC-exclusive feature is only a first step.

Matchmaking Improvements

Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
    Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
    Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.
    Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches

Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
    Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.
    Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
    Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.

Gameplay Fixes

Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied (read: playlist changes from this post).
    Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move.
    Some situations still cause this bug. It is a work in progress.
    Level Design Fixes

Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
    Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
    Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.
    Online Flow Fixes

Fixed Error [3-0x0001000B].
    Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
    Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
    UI Fixes

Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
    Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.
    Audio Fixes

XB1: Fixed a bug in which if a player constrained the game, snapped an app, then unconstrained the game, he or she would lose the voice chat.
    XB1: Fixed a bug in which the game did not exhibit any audio whilst the player had any app snapped.
    Other Fixes

The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended, see this post for more details.
    Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    good update! i was on before the patch deployed & servers were pretty wonky in 5v5, but fine for terro hunt. matchmaking in general is still a little buggy but this is pretty helpful; a good step in the right direction. meanwhile 1.3 is estimated for mid january so it could potentially drop late next week. the devs are on the ball fixing issues & listening to the community feedback!! a little birdie told me that IQ & pulse are going to get a gadget buff

just got a couple copies for a few buddies who were interested after watching some streams. that makes uhhh five ive brought into the fold so far. wish there was some sort of referral reward system :D

4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    The new tick rate, is definitely helping. Here is the last match I played this morning:

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I don't know if it's your brightness being up too high, cuz I have not watched much of this game on youtube at all, but those graphics look flat out ugly...

And I'm watching it on Chrome at 60fps....

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I have brightness way up and shadows and crap on low. I keep textures on ultra, aniso on 16, and lod on high, and use msaa. That way I can see where people are at. When I play boring open world games with crap combat like the witcher 3, single player games, or more forgiving FPS games like BF or CoD I turn up the graphics. This game though one head shot and your dead and waiting til the end of the round so it ain't worth it lol.

Tl;DR You die so quick in this game, and I am old, so I need every advantage I can get. Gameplay>graphics. This game is amazingly fun.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Can't get enough of this game, been playing all day, mostly flawless victories.

Do you get any rewards for ranking up? i'm 41 atm.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I agree with that philosophy.

9. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Nope, no rewards for leveling up. It's just a number.

Side note-I like that about this game. As far as game rewards, the new guy is practically on the same level as the level 100 guy. If a new guy invests one hour 3 starring the situations, and watching the tutorial videos he will have over 6k renown to buy like 8-10 operators right off the bat. After that it's just gaining map knowledge, and game mechanics knowledge. Beats stuff like BF or CoD where you definitely start off at a disadvantage as far as game rewards go. (I do like BF and CoD though for the type of fun had there, I am not knocking them.)

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm saving mine for when new operators arrive, and i'm probably going to buy the season pass soon.

For me it's worth it, i love the game. :)

I'm missing 2 operators i think atm, 2 i'm not going to play nor like anyway.

I might get one of them, his pretty popular i noticed, he makes better barriers.

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Yeah I hear ya, I got the game for $25, so I bought the season pass. I have all the operators already. So since I have no need to save renown now, I just buy skins. I bet I spent about 30-40k renown on skins just because there is nothing else to do with it (a good thing imo).

12. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Very tense ending on Kanal, lol at glaz, "you better run in there dude, I am at 12 health"....I am thinking the whole time dude I have 6 health, one bullet in my toenail and I am dead. Two seconds to spare, ah yeah!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    1v4 this morning before bed:

14. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Guys if you'd like to team up, I'm game

Add me on uplay

my uplay name is nevernamed

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Added you, I usually play late nights on the weekends.

16. whoreable

whoreable Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GEFORCE 7800 GTX OC 256mb
    add me

LWRC.Whorable

17. IGotWings

IGotWings Guest

GPU:
    I'm loving every single minute of the game. It's very interesting, requires skill and tactics to win and has variety of classes to be re-playable.

18. IGotWings

IGotWings Guest

GPU:
    By the way, there is going to be new update with few new classes. You'd better save some money, cause they will be like 23k points each. + gear for weapons

19. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Guys quick question.

As a big fan of the old rainbow six raven shield, is this game really worth it ? I played Vegas and was dissapointed...I heard some good things bout Siege like it's tactical, etc...

Maybe not worth the full cost but at a discounted Price?

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why do you have gamma that much UP? Is it due to monitor problem?
    I have game for +-34 Euro. That, I considered a good price after beta. Game is really good. They actually used brains in designing game mechanics.
    When you aim at something, your bullets are going in direction gun barrel is aiming. Not like in CS:GO where there is magical spread pattern making bullets fly all over screen time to time.
    You can lean over corners as you are used to from R6:RS. You have seen videos with breaches and other destruction.
    I consider R6:Siege as action packed child of R6:RS. You are in control of your character actions, not some dumb script.

If community was to be compared to CS:GO, then R6:Siege is so much better. Due to cost restraints and Higher HW requirements, you will not have 80% of matches packed with eastern block 10 years old kids on senseless rampage against world. (That's how CS:GO feels like these days.)

Yes, there are still some Rambo suicide players, but not many.