Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I have played all the MGS games outside the portable ones. Going back to the NES.

And i still love 5 for treading a different line.

I dunno about people not being ready for mature content see witcher 3 chalked full of it. hideo always had a teenage boy take on mature content.

I love quiet, i love that she is a bad ass and can clear camps and save me ammo or let me run around do w/e while she kills/tranqs everyone, and drops gear for me when i tell her to scout an area.

What i find overdone to a childish extent is her fidgeting and shoving her arse and boobs in your face constantly i think people that complain about her over sexiness have every right to.

Witcher 3 does some of it, but there is a ton more character building and strong women tied to it so you do not get the complaints that MGS does.

And 3/4 of the missions are great to ok, act 3 naturally falls apart because it was supposed to be elis arc and well we know what happened.

If hideo had stayed on and konami had let him finish the game it would have been damn near perfect.

But no game is, w3 has its issues, fo4 definately has tons of them, mgs5 has its.

2. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    ok loved ones
    what happened after mission 50?

Help

EDIT
    I love the game play of this game, I am addicted
    What to do?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    mission 51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

which wasn't finished, but you get a pretty good overview there, sounds like a ridiculously difficult fight

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I went to buy this today from EB Games, and they don't sell physical boxed copies... you can only get it on Steam, that's disappointing.

Yay the future, yay online only..... ya..y

xD

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    so MGO 3 beta starts today 12th of jan

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And it's no more because someone found a way to bypass the MB Coin in-game purchases, heh.
    (But it should become available again shortly.)

http://www.actiontrip.com/news/meta...fter-players-avoid-microtransactions/011316_9

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  9. formula1

formula1 Member

GPU:
    msi tf 780 sli
    the gameplay and story are so dumb it almost laugable.
    it sometimes feels like a parody to murican jingoistic culture.

10. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I just recently started playing MGS:TPP on PC.
    I was obsessed with MGS1, 2, 3 and 4 back in the days.
    It's an incredible game and very well done.
    But.... it is not truly an MGS game. People have went into details of why and I agree with those specific points.
    I watched alot of streams of it (pure MGS Twitch channel) and knew what I was getting into and what to expect. If you play TPP and expect to have that incredible MGS experience, you won't. It's obvious why true MGS fans were disappointed and annoyed. If you go in expecting a very fun, well made and enjoyable game, you will love it. If you go in and pick every little detail apart because it's an MGS title, it will destroy the experience for you.

I am treating it mostly as a stealth game. I try and only use CQC + tranquilizer guns. Going in all guns blazing is way too easy. Using stealth makes the game sooooo intense, being surrounded by enemies.
    I never use Reflex mode, yet another feature that undermines the MGS title and makes the game alot easier.

The story is not the best/MGS worthy but, it is decent.

The FOX engine is truly amazing. The graphics and atmospheric are jaw-dropping. I run it 1080p, maximum settings (motion blur, DOF and volumetric clouds off) with 2xAAEQ and I get a constant 60FPS, with the lowest drop down to 45FPS during night time where I am around lots of lights/fires.

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    it's the best engine out there.
    it really is a shame Konami and kojima split.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just started playing this.
    The amazing deets75 gifted it to me during the STEAM sale. But, I was in my Resident Evil run, and didn't want to start a new game until I wrapped that up.

Upon finishing all my RE games I jumped into this yesterday.
    I'm just starting Episode 3, and while I've never been a fan of Metal Gear Solid... I'm really enjoying this.
    I've always loved a solid stealth game. The Splinter Cell series is one of my favorites. And this (while it may annoy a lot of MGS purist) feels a lot like Splinter Cell. Yeah, there's a lot more going on here, and it's got the signature Kojima weirdness... but that's besides the point.

Stealth isn't overly difficult to pick up or really understand. And, the gameplay overall feels really smooth and engaging.
    Though, some controls/actions can take some getting used to.
    Personally, I've never liked contextual cover systems. The one here works, but I'd rather have a manual system. Press a button... enter cover, press a button... exit cover. Just a personal preference.

Visually, the game looks fantastic. I've got it maxed settings, and it's running at a solid clip. No stuttering or drops.
    Still very early in, but, excited to play more and dig further into it. :)

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You may want to find a way to revert to an earlier version as Konami went and updated the game to make it damn near impossible to unlock ALOT of gear without having to pay with micro-transactions.

I think i posted about a few pages back.

Edit: here below. (Damien may have me on block, can someone repost this info for him.)

The issue with this is you will be spending alot of time doing the same missions over and over again. When the game released, you werent punished as much (if at all) for picking up the same containers over and over, youd get the same amount of resources each time. Now however, as you can read below, you'll reach a point real quick where you'll max out the usefulness of collecting containers and be forced to use microtransactions or download a save game.

Hope ou enjoy the game, i really do, but what Konami have done to it with the past patch is borderline criminal.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    (Quoted for visibility just in case ;))

This game has been on my wishlist for ages, gonna get this at some point.

Like Splinter Cell/Hitman games so should be up my alley.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No block. :)
    Thanks for the info, I'll look and see what/if I can do about it.

But, I'm enjoying it so far.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @AsiJu,
    Cheers mate.

@Damien,
    Right on :)

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU: