Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Tbh i care about SP in BF5 as much as i cared about Prestons settlement missions in F4. :D I havent even finished BF4 SP. They can skip on it and give me ability to play all maps with bots so i can practice guns, vehicles and air combat.

2. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    we need something like black ops 1, it's a great mixture of psycho dreamy vietnam campaign and add to it the afghan setting of medal of honor warfighter.

4. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    For the love of Christ...allow for user made maps.

I want to play de_rats in Battlefield.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Competitive really needs this.

8VS8 has just turned into a wild chopper whore fest imo. Would be fine if half the maps had buildings instead of open planes.

6. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    >The problem with futuristic shooters being that they're futuristic shooters

>Not that the games themselves are ****

K

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    EA will never allow mods, with mod support it becomes harder to move people on to buying the new one.

Modding being too hard as an excuse for not supporting modding is bull****, when a game has no mod support it dies quicker when a new iteration of the game is released.... EA want this for obvious reasons.

I hope EA has an epiphany and thinks hey we need to get the community to like us more than not at all... and then support modding..

I'm honestly getting a bit sick of EA's bull**** year after year..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Who plays 8v8 on Battlefield?? You mean CoD?

edit: and disagree 100% on modding BF. There's nothing the community could do that would make up for the community splitting that would occur.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The Battlefield series is what it is today because of modding.. without modding Battlefield 2 would not exist.....

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    how so?

11. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    I'm not so sure about that statement. 1942 was pretty strong on its own without mods. EA did bring over the Desert Combat mod developers to help with BF2 but they shut them down before release if I recall correctly.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    A lot of modders and map makers went on to work for DICE and work on BF2.

Alan Kertz aka demize99 been one of the ones that still works on the BF series.

Anyways about BF5

I have been playing bf games since 1942 I can't even imagine how many hows I've put into them but as much as I love them they really need something fresh with BF5.

Also calling it now BF5 will have match making and a ranking system, I will eat my shoe if it doesn't make it to final product.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not just 8vs8, but also a lot of random public servers :bugeye:

I guess he's been playing online shooters long enough to know the times when there wasn't BF's 5 player limited system. Which is too little if you ask me.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    8vs8 = Vehicles Conquest
    5vs5 = DOM/SQOBL

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Hmm. Didn't know that.

I've also played every BF (except Bad Company - I never made the connection it was the same company - derrr) and have loved single every one. Played each for years. I've never installed a mod for any of them, that I know of. I remember looking at a Star Wars themed mod for one game - can't remember which. But never tried it.

To me the gameplay, Conquest specifically, as DICE does it, is all I want in a BF game, simply because that's what I equate the franchise to. That's how I approach it. That's why I am excited for more BF. It's the same thing with CoD - I never had any interest in any other gametypes than TDM. It's just a personal taste thing, I guess.

edit: Not too sure why I went off on that tangent about gametypes - nobody was arguing about that lol. WHat happens when I try typing and watching playoff football at the same time.

16. nurvitx

nurvitx Guest

GPU:
    Onboard
    We REALLY NEED BAD COMPANY 3!!!

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This.

The sniper combat in BC2 is so satisfying.... I don't know why in BF3 and 4 it just doesn't feel good to snipe....

Does that make sense? just... the feel of it... it doesn't feel right in 3 and 4.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Never been much of a sniper tbh, can't tell as I've got way to little playtime above all three titles to have a feel for it's differences.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I simply want to be able to run over a log, brick, crisps bag without getting stuck or need to jump over :D that would be so good!

20. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I am not sure BF5 is needed ? BF4 is an accomplished battlefield game now, it definitely requires more community loved maps and old classics. Maybe throw in a few more guns to keep people happy, however I say it has at least another year or two in it, just keep polishing the netcode and come up with good maps, another Metro, some BFBC2 maps, Atacama Desert, Valparaiso ,its all do-able and would greatly extend games lifetime.