2015 - Contest winners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Nope we just live in the real world.

Guru3d is a commerical product and shock f*cking horror it ran a competition that may have had the addition of increasing revenue through increased users viewing the website. I mean what sort of world do we live in, surely someone has to step forward and answer why some random who only visited the website once to enter the competition may have won over someone who visits it every single day....

oh wait no we live in the real world so no they don't. The fact that you

a) Visit every day and
    b). Disabled your ad block

doesn't entitle you to some special bonus when these competitions come about.

Then with regards to the competition I would strongly advise that you stop acting like one.

arondutzu. you asked 10 questions they can all be answered with one question. Would you be asking these questions if you had won? I doubt the answer would be anything other than no.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    punks are cool too...they just different thats all :)

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Check back further and you'll even find some bad advice. Considering he claims to have been a tech for 22 years, yet his profile states he's 32, it seems that he just likes throwing out random numbers.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

You Troll just GTFO , really get the fok out it here and never ever come back , you are not welcome here with this arrogant attitude , Guru3D don't roll like that ! Hibert or some mod please ban this obvious troll he does not deserve any answer as he lacks respect hence he doe not deserve any respect at all !

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Thank you Hilbert for doing yet another, unappreciated, contest. I'm sorry you have to deal with these childish twats every time you do a contest. Some of us appreciate the effort.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    still spewing that sand ?
    come on...I know this I crazy for me to say but grow up will you.

7. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    hahah airbud i like your style buddy

nobody owes you anything. stop saying "us", "we", talking about "real forum members". you hardly have over 100 posts & just got here a few months ago. congrats on your autism tho

oh no, the Real Forum Members™ do appreciate it

congratulations to all the winners :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    he always is a good santa
    I am so glad those guys did not win

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Honestly some of these guys act like they paid an entry fee.Congrats to the winners!

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Some very nice prizes. Which gives raise to disappointment and even doubt. Standard stuff really.

What's different are the prizes. Never seen so many yummy goodies been given at one place.

dont have to tell to the winners to enjoy, I know they are :wanker:

11. BColt

BColt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 280x
    Congrats to all the winners!
    Just want to add, although some of us may be registered for the giveaway, I personally have been reading this site for a long time (with some pauses here and there).

I would be more interested if HH can provide some statistics, like how many people entered, which continent, or even country has most entries, and so on. If that is recorded or measured somehow.

12. Aceje88

Aceje88 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 2x5870 4G
    The bigger the prices the greener some peoples vision gets. It's how most people these days operate or at the very least they're way more "vocal" about it

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Let's fill this thread with thanks and gratitude.Will outnumber the whinings and nitpickings.
    And not spending more time to this.

14. LOVEandROCKETS

LOVEandROCKETS Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti OC
    So true…

It’s not a dream and you’re not alone… You're all welcome…

Welcome to Mankind’s finest hour…

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Whats wrong with 10 year old techs? Probably started up stitching eyes back on teddy bears or something?

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Excellent idea! Lets make 2016 a very positive year.

17. Kaltern

Kaltern Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 Super
    *scratches head*

Geez some people are just not happy unless they win! I don't really contribute to the forums, but I'm a long time member, and somehow I don't feel entitled to know anything about anything.... if I paid $1, then yes, full disclosure is required by most country laws, but we paid zip. So we deserve zip. And if you won something, good job, I'm not bitter at all. *grumble*

Oh and for the record, I did indeed relax my adblocking on this site as requested :)

Thanks for the site, the comps and the honest reviewing - I use Guru almost exclusively for opinions and purchase decisions. (can't trust anywhere else these days...)

edit: Oh my specs are woefully out of date... just shows my inactivity :uhoh:
    edit: Fixed :)

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why is it every time there's a few butthurt idiots that can't handle that they didn't get lucky? It's a literal random drawing, there's no secret to it. Do you also complain to the police when you don't win a scratch off ticket? Give me a break. Any more whining and you get an infraction, simple.

19. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Some forum members are taking this contest more personaly than others and it's understandable because we're not the same. Personaly I don't think G3D or its forum owes me (or any other helpful/dedicated forum member) anything because sometimes we spend some of our free time to help other forum members no matter if the're old ones or newbies.

I'm visiting G3D on daily basis since 2006 (or it was 2004) but registered forum member since few years ago because I feel the need to contribute this forum whenever I can with some helpful advices here and there. It's my free time and my free will, nobody is forcing me to do that and I don't think in any way I should be in some kind of advantage when it comes to contest like this one. When I think a bit more I owe G3D much much more for all this years behind me for reading all those great HW reviews, knowledge sucked from advices that can be found on forum about HW, tips for drivers, fantastic Unwinder's Afterburner...

I didn't payed any fee to enter the contest, just spent few hours of my FREE time playing while finding logo's and it was fun because most of the time I've find myself rereading all those reviews all over again, more than once I even forgot I was actualy looking for logo, lol

There are many other domestic and foreign forums out there where I could spend my free time helping other forum members, but my personal opinion is that not many of them are worth my time, unlike G3D. If some forum members here thinks that he's on loss after this contest then he's free to leave, no one is forcing him to stay.

Just be grateful ppl that forum like this one exist and we don't have to pay not a cent to make a visit. If you think different then you should reconsider your membership here.

edit
    When it comes to dedicated forum members I forgot to mention Wagnard and his DDU, shame on me :( Thanks man for saving me literarly days of my life, days I would spend for perfect driver removal procedure.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  20. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Congratz to the winners! Enjoy your gear and make good use of it :D

Stop complaining, if you don't agree just leave, don't make a fool of yourself.

And 22 years of experience Nexus? Really? Your last few posts have been nothing more than insults, whinning, bad advice or boasting about your "experience". I don't care if I get a time-out for this because it was worth it.

Hilbert and mods, we love you :D