2015 - Contest winners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I think the question was nuts and it struck people the wrong way when a newbie starts questioning stuff like that for no reason.If you were around here long enough that question is ridiculous.Enough non regular people won that shouldn't be an issue anyway.Deserves to answered hardly.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Winners & Whiners

Each year we have the winners, then the guys that didn't win (which statistically are obviously most people) and then the 0.005% in one last category, the whiners.

In each and every contest we tell how the winner gets picked, that procedure is followed. If you somehow think that's not up-to your standard or you do not trust that, so be it we could not care less. Questioning each and every competition really is a problem within your own ego. I've been doing this ever since 1997, not one person did not receive his/her prize or has been improperly selected. It is also very sad to see that a handful of people (and this happens every year) starts to sour grape over what was a lovely two weeks with some very happy winners.

So be it, to the winners congratz !, to all other peopl, better luck next time as we'll certainly do this again end 2016. To all whiners, you really shouldn't be on this website and/or ever in your life join a competition again; you are a sore loser.

That's all I will and can say about this as I am certainly not wasting energy and time over it. Have a good 2016.

3. Osamar

Osamar Guest

GPU:
    Gforce 560 Ti 1Gb
    Congratulations to all the winner!!!

And very special thanks to Hilbert, GURU3D and the sponsors.

4. Abhigyan

Abhigyan Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 210
    I congratulate all the winners but............ Really bummed out about not winning the gtx 950 now I still gotta stick with my 512 mb Nvidia 210 :( :( :(....... So anyone selling their older cards??coz I AIN'T GOT NO money for a new card........

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Gratz guys, and take good care of prizes.

6. Nemz

Nemz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    I made an account to just say thank you to Hilbert and wish Guru3d all the best for the future :thumbup:

For all the complainers, you are not entitled to winning anything or have a better chance just because you post more on the forums, many people visit the web site but just don't post.

p.s wishing Hilbert and all the great people @ Guru3D.com a Happy New Year and all the best for this great site

7. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Thanks Hilbert....It's clear to me you could care less about ANY questions regarding this contest after its over. I spent time to make my post a nice one that didn't accuse you of anything and I'm a "whiner" now?

On top of that you've got mods calling people "douches"....

Real respectable.

I'm sure he won't even be scolded either.... watch me get banned for saying what I've said though.... Ad Blocker is back up and will remain that way from now on. Not because I didn't win.... I knew I wasn't going to win anything because of all the new members (even if they weren't here I still wouldn't of won) but because of how the contest was made/played.

One of your first sentences mentioned the contest was because of all of us who unblocked ads. Then you go and accept non member applicants in the form of Email and Facebook, and on top of that new members who weren't even around when you lobbied us to stop blocking ads?

We all deserve an answer to this. It seems like you don't care at all to me. I'm sure many more feel this way but will not say it. I'm not one of those people.

I helped you by disabling ads. I also come to this site 5-20 times a day so my ad revenue is more than most peoples. Especially that of someone who doesn't visit at all if there are no contests.

Honestly it feels like a slap in the face to me that you tell us were getting a contest because of us disabling our ad blockers and then let the contest be muddied by people who have never came to this site before this contest.

That's called contradiction. I don't really care if you don't want to waste the energy. You owe us an explanation.

You have been a member. That's ALL THAT MATTERS. You didn't sign up the second the contest started and ONLY because there was a contest did you sign up.

You've been here for years, posts or not. I do think that people who are active in the forums helping others deserve it more... however I can't even begin to tell you to create that database then parse for the winner. Lol.

The point is (The only valid one made in a negative light so far) people who join when the contest starts should be disqualified. It ruins the contest for the real members.

Why do you think that was allowed? One reason and one reason only. Ad Revenue. If you all don't see that you are thinking foolishly.

So the contest odds of winning were GREATLY diminished for forums members that MAKE GURU3D what it is. Those people are not people with one post.

I honestly don't understand why I'm the only one perturbed about this and speaking his mind. Are you all blind?

8. LOVEandROCKETS

LOVEandROCKETS Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti OC
    *THIS*

Congratulations to all the winners of the awesome Guru3D 2015 contest!

For the vast majority (like me) who didn't win anything, that's how all contests work - a few people win, a lot don't - maybe next time… :D

A special thanks to HH, Guru3D and their sponsors.

All the best for 2016!!!! :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  9. Afturlyfe

Afturlyfe Guest

GPU:
    Asus 980ti strix
    Thanks for the opportunity to win some nice prizes Guru3D.com.

Buddy I am a first time poster on these forums, BUT have been here from the beginning.
    I have passed this web site link on to many ppl over the years and visit at least ounce a day.
    Not all of us have any interest in taking part in forum discussion. I May view forums from time to time when looking for specific information.
    Good to see you wont be entering next years,one less in the draw :).

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

scolded?you kidding I just sent him 10 bucks with paypal.
    you are acting like a total beacha.
    whats so wrong about giving prizes and getting some action in the site?
    hey listen no one here is more upset that they did not win the 950 as me but what you going to do?

I play the pick 6 and I never win that but if someone won it in the first try where do I go cry?
    so really just let it go and as the guy above said one less entry next year.
    now if you came in and said"hey Hilbert we used to look for hot chicks in the year end contest I am upset" then you MIGHT have something to stand on.
    lastly the ads here are not very bad at all unlike 99% of the other pc sites so get over it and try to have a happy 2016 but I don't think you will till you get the sand out of your va jay jay

11. Sergey1984qq

Sergey1984qq Guest

GPU:
    CM3X2G1600C9DHX
    :banana: we're just totally owned. there is a people on these list whose already winning some stuff recently in previous contests, years. and their registration date from 2006. so....these people are supposedly just friends of redaction.

so you say I just enable adblocker and probably not using these site anymore ;D cause it just tricks people 3rd year to rise up their web counters :stewpid: using people greediness. :3eyes:

12. arondutzu

arondutzu Banned

GPU:
    GTX 690 BBN
    Hello everyone,

Hope you've missed me. This is dedicated to all the people that are labeled as "sore losers" by guru3d representatives.

01. How many entries were per each contest ?
    02. How many of the entries were correct ?
    03. What method was used for selecting/PICKING the winners? (random.org etc. ?)
    04. How many users were double posting and have been disqualified?
    05. How many users were disqualified for not giving complete information to guru3d(adress/phone no) ?
    06. How many people worked on sorting the correct answers ? Ex : 10000 answers 5 hours from the ending of the last contest to the announcement of the winners seems too much for a few people!
    07. What happens to our email adresses and phone numbers and how can we be sure they won't be used in comercial purposes ? Is there a disclaimer somewhere ?
    08. How come a gentleman like Mr Hilbert (former of opinions) is saying he doesn't give a damn and places 0.005 % in a bucket of leftovers ?
    09. How can we trust any of your future reviews (GURU RECOMMENDED, GURU TOP PICK etc) ?
    10. How can we be sure the winners answered correctly to the questions ?

Thank you ! Take care !

13. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    Is this seriously your rebuttal? Wow.....LOL.

Yeah.... you're the EXACT type of person I am talking about. You've been here since the beginning, yet you've done NOTHING to help the forums or it's members in any way.

You really know how to make a valid point "Buddy".

^ Fool number 2. Lets keep em coming.

You're ignored as your logic is flawed. Mine is not. Simple as that.

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080

If any site lost your trust, you are free to leave and never go back to that site, even guru3d.

I stopped reading reaviews in other sites because i thought they were biased.

If you lost your trust on Guru3D (if you ever have any) just leave and dont waste your time and give the web more "clicks". They wont give a ***** for your doubts or request.

15. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    Agreed. That's what I am doing for now. I'll be back a little for reviews (with Ad Blocker on) but my forum days are over now.

This is the type of forum where everyone just jump down your throat for any little reason and especially when doubting the almighty HH. He can never do anything wrong. Guy won't even respond because "He doesn't want to waste time and energy". Pfft.

I'd say take care and everything but I really don't give a crap anymore. Kinda soured on Guru3D at this point.

Also to the two guys who agreed you'll have one less entry... what you'll actually have is one less 22 year tech that actively helps in the forums. I'm not just some punk kid like 1/3 of the forums members nowadays.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    People from all over the world won....10/12 different countries...all 7 continents!...

Hilbert is a cool santa :banana:

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Congrats to the winners , enjoy your prizes :banana:

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Oh i almost forgot, congratz to the winners!! :banana:

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You've been a "tech" since you were 10 years old? Or did you just fill in your details incorrectly when you signed up recently? I mean recent, because as far as I'm concerned you're a new member. Which makes a lot of your complaints about "new members" pretty ironic.

HH didn't have to do a competition, he didn't have to give anyone the chance to win anything. He has been open and clear as to exactly how the competition would work. Your arguments and complaints have no merit, other than what is clearly a case of sour grapes with a dash of childish petulance. The same stands for a bunch of others in this thread. Honestly, I expect a bunch of posters here send angry letters every week to whoever runs their national lottery.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Jesus christ..... This is pathetic. A contest that didn't have to be done and a bunch of people are whining and crying because they didn't win. Maybe they should go try to take part in the contests over at THG, where only US based members are eligible. The responses here just show how far downhill society has gone.... Too many self-entitled brats running around....

Where have you been helping people? The last several posts I've read from you have been you insulting people..... I built my first PC back in 1993, which based on your posts and reactions, was probably before you were even born. Building and configuring a PC these days is like doing a "paint by number" picture. It's nothing to get all excited about.