Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    what performance enhancements? :D

edit: jokes aside, AMD broke it so they need to fix it and that will take time unfortunately... :3eyes:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Of course it's unacceptable.
    But it's either that or play with a broken compass.
    I'll use it until AMD fixes it.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i got huge fps gains in FO4 with the newer drivers...

i was getting around 50fps with the initial f04 drivers (the ones with the working compass)

i get a solid 60fps with the newer ones (random drops in certain areas aside)

you can tweak the ini to remove the offending markers (quest markers i believe) that is causing the problem, but that isnt ideal either.

I can live with the busted compass, as it woks fine indoors and you can find what you need by moving the mouse around, its just irritating.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well, you are the only one to get those. I read like 10 reviews of crimsons and there is like 1% gain overall. No gain in FO4 whatsoever. But w/e, good for you. ;) I tried the drivers and went back to catalyst beta ones since I saw no improvement just a busted compass.

5. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    15.11.1 CCC and 15.11.1 Crimson is the same performance IMO.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im on 15.12

7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    The thing is, FO4 slows down the longer you play (during one sitting) so if you play for 4 hours, and stop, look at fps and it says 40fps (example), you save and exit the game, load the game and load that last save you will have like ~45 maybe even more fps just because you restarted the game.

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    never noticed that issue, ill keep an eye out.

9. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Yea I'm on 15.12 too. I forgot it updated. Performance is the same either way.

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    It's not an issue per se, as you go on more and more things develop within the game world and they take up threads, clutter the engine etc. When you close the game and re-load the save, all settlers and gangs and whatnot are back in their original position, all stuck settlers are unstuck etc. Caravans are reset blah blah. You willl notice most difference if you save in your biggest settlement. I once had like 30fps in my Sanctuary. After close and reload it got back up to ~50ish.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Memory leak?

12. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I've noticed this behavior on long game sessions and in not memory leak. The thing is if you don't monitor the fps you probably won't notice it since the drop is not that drastic and the fps in this game is all over the place anyway.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't know if I'm late to the party, but with a clean install (again) of 15.12, I don't seem to have the compass bug any longer. As for the game, it does indeed seem that it has a memory leak.

EDIT: Still does it :p

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  14. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    The compass bug is hit and miss on 200 series cards. Sometimes I have it sometimes I don't. Doesn't hurt my play though.

15. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    What would need to happen that would make you say "ok I had enough, this isn't right this hurts my gameplay!" ?

[​IMG]
    would this be acceptable if it gave you 60fps instead of say 30?

how about this:
    [​IMG]

it's still playable right?

:D

edit: obviously I am doing some bad jokes here, but seriously, if something worked, and then in the next "big" release, announced on all bells, that something is now broken(!) is that acceptable? And tell me why it is? Why should we accept that? FO4 is new game, popular game, it's not like FO1 got suddenly broken...after 20 years...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Holy baby jesus those artifact's :p

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Wow those artifacts. Are you sure it's 100% the driver? I have not had any issue like this on my 290X and I play with VSR on 3800x1800, and now down to 2560x1440.

BTW doing 1440p VSR pushes almost max load most of the time and fps is improved more than 1080p. Not sure why this is a thing but oh well, my game has been running great. Lowest fs I saw was 47 during a gun fight and it didn't last long.

18. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    wow wow, chill people, those are random AMD artifacts from god knows when lol :D I was just trying to make a point that we should not be "fine" with any *hit like that. It's not (for me at least) "compass bugged, oh well, I don't mind". I do bloody mind, it was FINE before new driver broke it! I don't care if it's small bug for person X, for me it's a bugged driver and just once again goes to show how AMD conducts "business". Yea yea, I am hattin' so what? Someone has to :p

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I only don't mind because it doesn't affect my game and it doesn't happen often either. For me only the point I'm walking towards flickers, and it's only a little.

20. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    And maybe I could live with that if that driver had any advantages in Fallout 4 over 15.11.2 beta catalyst which doesn't have any issues, and FO4 is the only game I currently play so....screw crimson (for me)