Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.43 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. zymphad

zymphad Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980M 8GB
    You're kidding right? They are official for notebooks. And I'm not the only one, there are lot having issues with these installing on notebooks. Just a heads on up this on forum since I doubt NVidia reads notebookforums.

2. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    My throttling issue still persists with this driver. I was hoping that the 36X branch would resolve it, but nope...

Still as soon as my card hits 76°C the utilization drops from 99% to ~50%, FPS go down, clocks stay unchanged. Purely driver-caused, as all the 35X drivers have this issue. The last driver that works fine (as in, does not throttle the utilization) is 347.88 (a pre-windows 10 driver), which of course lacks all optimisations for current games.

The recent drivers work nice and do give me a substantial boost compared to 347.88 but all suffer from this utilization issue...

Note: I can not modify my fan profile.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    played assasin creed synicate and eurotruck simulator 2 multiplayr for some hours nothing crashed...

4. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
    I'm not a gamer at all.
    Just noticed when playing x265/HEVC movies on my GTX 960( DXVA 2 native or copyback) the GPU temperature jumps to 70 degrees in less than 30 seconds.
    That's weird ,had to roll back to 359.00.

5. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    I agree as well. It's really irritating when it scrolls around every tome you click an option, so you have to scroll down every tome you want to change an option lower than the one you're on - or just start from the bottom (just realized I should do that lol).

The color profiles sections need to be merged as well. Everything is scattered. New features were added as new sections when they should be in with other sections.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont know if it was earlier drivers but the 361.43

FIX the problem of Max performance in global profiles from not droping to idle speeds on the desktop.

I can once again use Max performance in global profiles and have max performance in all games and have idle speeds on the desktop, Like i did in win7.

I am so glad they fixed this, i so hated have to to use adaptive to just idle speeds on desktop, and tell each game manually to use Max performances, less my pc is just messing with it finally fixed

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ever since I updated to 361.43 i run into constant issues with Steam where my windows either look weird (image to the left) or not being rendered at all.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  8. Lokius

Lokius Member

GPU:
    Evga gtx 1080
    I rarely complain about drivers but these made my computer hard crash several times in Fallout 4 where the previous never did.
    Did not notice any issues in Quake live, Mortal Kombat X or Witcher 3 which are the other games i am currently playing.
    Also getting higher temps to around 75c where previously i rarely hit 70c.

9. Spax1171

Spax1171 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 OC
    Same problem with high temp. here. My temp on idle with these drivers are 50+ ! With 359.06 was perfect on idle 29-37 degrees.

Roll back to 359.06 !

All games work fine except AC Syndicate with 359.06.
    Nvidia make to many problem in last year. Shame !

10. Ziver

Ziver Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extrem
    I have a 1 monitor but still my vga cant idle on desktop :S

Evga 980 Ti
    27" BenQ XL2730Z

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    just cause 3 texture/ shader(light) flikering anyone?

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ubisoft game issue. temperature raise due to weather & dust.

13. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It's the game. It will fixed with a patch i think?

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The issue also occurs in the PS4 version, believe it or not, so it looks like it is an engine issue that definitely needs fixing as it can be distracting at times.

15. Sampson

Sampson Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    I've had issues with these drivers as well.

Installed them, went into the nvidia control panel to adjust all my settings back to normal anddddd hard freeze.

Restarted, tried to adjust settings in control panel anddd another freeze. Cant even remember the last time I've seen a computer hard lock like that....

Back to 359.06 for me...

16. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    Problems freezing during game play BSOD. I very rarely have a problem with drivers.

Rolled back to 359.12 all is fine.

17. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ive got a bug back where youtube will crash and display "A problem has occured" not had that for the last three or four driver sets

18. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I've have same cards and screen the only way to get it to throttle is to set refresh rate to 120hz not 144hz ,

In nvidia's control panel makes sure that that preferred refresh rate tab is set to "Highest available" this way you can have 120hz desktop which will then throttle back to 135mhz as it should and still be able to use 144hz in games

19. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Videos are making my VGA hotter too, but I believe that it's because nVidia delayed turning the fans on to about 70ºC with these drivers... For me, it's good, because it keeps the noise down, and the temperature is still safe.

20. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    This could also be a browser issue. Depending on the browser you use.